Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman - What/who do you picture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just look at all the answers! It's crazy how varied it is.

Christopher Reeve (in suit) - Caught_In_The_Sun, Austin 3:16

Alex Ross Superman - cksidekick

Dan Jurgens Superman (short hair) - j03superbat,

Superman: TAS - nate-dog1701d, Gotham Knight, BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow, Theshadow129X

Tom Welling (in suit) - LoveHurts38

Michael Turner Superman (manicured eyebrows) - Harrison_Bergeron

Jim Lee Superman - Kal-ed, Qcore

The "S" Shield - Rival X The Great, vantheman77, PHOENIXZERO

Comment

Man, I'm late to the party. Need to check my profile page more often! This is a great thread BG, it was fun just reading everything and seeing everyone's ideal versions of the character. It's hard for me to pick one. Most of the time I get a flash of many, but I have a few favorites. I really like the look of Superman from the Justice League of America poster by Jim Lee that has them all standing in front of the American flag. Tried to load it from my computer a few times with no success, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Tom Welling in the suit also comes to mind, when I visualize what he would look like in real life. Of course Christopher Reeve in the suit will always hold a special place with me as a visualization of the character. Above all else, when I think of Superman, I get a feeling of hope, and a moment of happiness and optimism.

Comment

Lately, I´ve been picturing him Smiling, I dont know why, still the Jimm Lee version though, but smiling, like a kind smile

Comment

I don't picture a person or an actor....... Just the shield.

Comment

Interesting topic. My Superman is definitely the Curt Swan Superman. The first comic I ever read was ˝Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow``, which oddly enough was Swan's last work as a regular artist on Superman and I grew up with my uncles collection of comics spanning from the golden, silver and bronze age eras. Though I prefer Swans work from the Bronze age (but I do have a soft spot for the Golden Age), for me any version of Curt Swans Superman stands first in my mind when visualizing the character. To clarify, here is Swans Superman (from Superman #233, 1971):

Comment

Originally posted by ΩDarkseidΩ
              Interesting topic. My Superman is definitely the Curt Swan Superman.
              I would have bet money you were going to say that THIS is your Superman:

Comment

Good one. But I would never do that to the Big Blue. He's my all time favourite character!

Comment

For a long time it was this:

God how I miss the DCAU!!

Comment

Honestly, I don't really have a single image of Superman.... I do tend to image the character himself and what he's really like over the Super-suit itself. I don't think the suit is what defines Superman, etc.

Comment

Forgot about this thread. One of my favorite threads.

It is interesting you say you think of the character and not necessarily the suit. Meanwhile, someone earlier wrote they think of the shield and not even the person. All Superman fans, all different ideas. Love it.

Comment

Great thread and looking back on my answer...well, tastes change.

My new answer would be All-Star Superman (Grant Morrison's writing combined with Frank Quitely's art):

Re-reading this and watching the animated movie I think this is the apex of 75 years of Superman history. Haven't found any other Superman story that tops this.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎