Superman - What/who do you picture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
    @Backward Galaxy

I was looking for a screencap from the movie for this...but that image of Chris sums it up for me.
    Glad to be of service. I tried to find a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
      Ditto.

Jim Lee's Superman from stories like Hush and For Tomorrow also comes close (can't find suitable pics atm).
      This?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        LoveHurts38:
        that's the one forever engraved in my brain.

Comment

Mine used to fluctuate between the TAS version and the long haired after death version(even though I hadn't read any of it yet), but since I read "Superman/Batman: Supergirl" it is usually the Michael Turner version with the manicured eyebrows(which I really disliked).

Sometimes I picture Matt Bomer. Before we knew who the new Superman was going to be I saw his name thrown around a lot, so I started watching "White Collar" and I convinced myself that he would be great as Supes, so his face pops up a lot.

-I can't find a good long hair pic to post, only one in Google is from CBM-
          Last edited by Harrison_Bergeron; 04-12-2012, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Jim Lee´s It certainly wasnt my first contact with the character but I think its the one I find most of the time lurking in my head when I think about Superman, he looks so bada$$ which is awsome, I still love a boy scout but I´ve always been inclined to a Superman who gets angry (although not an angry god or crossing any lines). Lately I´ve been also thinking about the Superman from the DC Online trailer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

ETA: oh and a few times Superman from the Doomsday era, dont know who exactly drew him, since there were many pencilers involved in that storyline at the time.
            Last edited by Kal-ed; 04-13-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Chris Reeve's always comes first to my mind, especially since when they did Superman: Secret Origin i think it was, it looked like Chris on the cover. Good times.

Comment

Im not sure why I cant post pictures, but my first thought would be pretty similar to how Jim Lee draws Superman.

Comment

Jim Lee getting a lot of love in this thread. I've always thought of his Superman as a little... forbidding. I honestly would not have predicted that people would pick his version as their definitive Superman, at least the one who first comes to mind. I'm really glad I made this post. This has been very informative.

Comment

For some reason when I hear Superman i just picture the S emblem. I don't really see a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Jim Lee getting a lot of love in this thread. I've always thought of his Superman as a little... forbidding.
                      I love Jim Lee's art, and I think his Superman looks great. The reason he's not the definitive version for me is because of the way he draws his eyes. When they're not lit up red, he usually draws them with this intensity that makes him look mad. I don't understand why some people prefer to see him mad. He's not the Hulk, for crying out loud. This isn't a character whose main characteristic or personality trait is that he gets mad, and yet a lot of the promotional Jim Lee drawings used for Superman make him look that way.

I'm not saying he shouldn't or can't ever get mad, but it would need to be in context. If I look at a simple promotional image of Superman, the last thing I want to see is him mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
                        For some reason when I hear Superman i just picture the S emblem. I don't really see a person.
                        Another cool response.

Comment

When you say Superman, the first thing that comes to mind is the symbol and the artistic portrayals of the character over the years.

Comment

to me the true portrayal i think of is the animated series from 96.

Comment

That animated series sticks in my mind as one of the greatest shows about Superman ever! Tim Daly was amazing. I can't think of Kids' WB without thinking of the show. They went together like ketchup and mustard: perfection.

Comment

Dammit should have checked my messages last week, would have if I noticed the notification but I too have the emblem pop into my mind first and foremost.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎