No announcement yet.

Superman - What/who do you picture?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman - What/who do you picture?

I'm not going to post a poll because there are about a million choices. I am curious, when you hear the name "Superman", what do you picture in your head? What's the first image of the actual character? It can be of a particular actor in the suit (or even out), an image from a comic book artist, an animated version of the character, anything. Yes, it can even be Tom Welling in a t-shirt. I'm honestly curious what people will say. Please try to post a picture of your response. Keep the dimensions small if you can. I will post my answer at some point, but I don't want to influence anyone else's choice in the first post.

I have to be honest it would be Christopher Reeve in the \S/uit from the 1978 movie.

Comment

My pics are too large if someone could post it for me. Alex Ross Superman is my guy. my next tatoo will be of the Ross art.

Comment

I said it in another thread, but probably the first image that comes to mind is Superman as drawn by Dan Jurgens (with short hair).

Comment

Caught in the Sun:
          cksidekick:

Backward Galaxy (mine):

Having trouble finding a good one for the Jurgens Superman...
          Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

This is Superman for me.

Comment

It all goes back to my introduction to the character. If it were just real people, I'd go with Christopher Reeve.

Comment

I'm with Nate Dog on this one.

Comment

I absolutely love that it took until the 6th person before we got a duplicate. I gotta get more people in here. This is fun.

Comment

Tom Welling for me and the Finale helped alot.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                      Tom Welling for me and the Finale helped alot.
                      Do you see a specific image of Tom Welling? Do you see him in costume? In one of his proto-suits? In the red jacket with blue t-shirt? It's come to my attention that some people, when they think of Superman, don't necessarily think of the costume as even being necessary. They think of the man/character. I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what that image is to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        Do you see a specific image of Tom Welling? Do you see him in costume? In one of his proto-suits? In the red jacket with blue t-shirt? It's come to my attention that some people, when they think of Superman, don't necessarily think of the costume as even being necessary. They think of the man/character. I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what that image is to you.
                        I just imagine Tom wearing the suit that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                          I just imagine Tom wearing the suit that is all.
                          LoveHurts38:

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                            It all goes back to my introduction to the character.

Ditto.

Jim Lee's Superman from stories like Hush and For Tomorrow also comes close (can't find suitable pics atm).

Comment

@Backward Galaxy

I was looking for a screencap from the movie for this...but that image of Chris sums it up for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎