Arrow In The Media

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No real news here, but Nellie Andreeva at Deadline has posted her latest Primetime Pilot Panic roundup (an update to the article Craig used to start this thread):

With the upfronts three and a half weeks away, we are in the final stretch of the the mad dash we call broadcast pilot season as pilots are being cut, re-cut, tested, delivered and screened. Because so may pilots were so late, it’s hard to get a full picture yet, so keep that in mind. […]

Here is the CW section:

"At The CW, mystery drama CULT is gaining momentum, joining frontrunners ARROW and THE CARRIE DIARIES. THE SELECTION continues to look strong because of its kinship with blockbuster HUNGER GAMES, and medical drama FIRST CUT still looks solid, mostly on the strength of its leading lady, Meryl Streep’s daughter Mamie Gummer. Being a time-traveling musical murder mystery, JOEY DAKOTA is probably the riskiest pilot ordered by a network this season. Not much feedback on that one, though I hear the network likes how the singing portion of it turned out."

Comment

I love that she lists almost everything in contention, and doesn't say much either way.

Stephen Amell is doing ADR... and I saw a rumor that they're already building sets... look like this one is gonna happen!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        I love that she lists almost everything in contention, and doesn't say much either way.

Stephen Amell is doing ADR... and I saw a rumor that they're already building sets... look like this one is gonna happen!
        There's been a real news drought recently, but this rumor about sets makes me very excited - thanks for posting!

Comment

I seriously can't wait till we find out which of these pilots are getting picked up.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by smithy698
          The show might not succeed (although I really hope it does). However, I can't agree that Green Arrow is not exciting - as a character he has great potential, although whether that comes through on screen depends on the scripts, the acting and the direction. As for fanbase, personally I don't think that matters massively. Some shows start from scratch, with totally new characters - lack of fanbase doesn't mean they inevitably fail. A fanbase might give you an initial buzz of interest, but after that longevity is going to be determined primarily by how good the show is.

I'm feeling confident that the show will get picked up, and I hope it is as good as I want it to be. It might not last beyond one season, but I think its fate will be in its own hands.
          I think Ollie is actually pretty popular character. For one, since the 80s he has always had either an ongoing or a team up and when its cancelled, it was replaced right away with another series within the year. For 20 plus years, people have been buying his comic and plus he was one of the first few who entered Justice League outside of founders, plus those years on Smallville definitely helped alot.
          Last edited by Qcore; 04-21-2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Aside from the Green Arrow comic before The New 52 (where everything ended), and two miniseries that were purposely short, almost every Ollie series has been long-lasting.

Green Lantern/Green Arrow, the team-up book, went from something like #76-123, so nearly 50 issues, although there was a pause in publishing in the middle for some reason like "they weren't aware of how well it was selling." Then his first monthly comic lasted something like 144 issues, which is a long run for a comic, and after 101, Ollie wasn't in it. The next Green Arrow series, which Kevin Smith started, went for 75.... Green Arrow & Black Canary went for 30-ish.. then the pre-New 52 and current series happened. Some characters aren't so lucky with series longevity... just ask Moon Knight, or Aquaman.

Comment

This is another show i'm really looking forward to discovering. Can't hardly wait!

Comment

Another Smallville connection for Arrow:

Comment

That's awesome news.

Comment

The Green Arrow comic from New 52 really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by luisl
                      The Green Arrow comic from New 52 really sucks.
                      I didn't like 1-7 but 7 on and JL#8 Green Arrow were more interesting and fun to read a little like the original Green Arrow. But he still needs a little improvement like meeting and falling love with Black Canary, teaming up and have a growing friendship with Green Lantern. Things like the costume, him having a stuble instead of a van-dyke, him owning Q-Core before Queen industries and some other parts are interesting to see develop as it grows

Comment

Originally posted by ironman29758
                        I didn't like 1-7 but 7 on and JL#8 Green Arrow were more interesting and fun to read a little like the original Green Arrow. But he still needs a little improvement like meeting and falling love with Black Canary, teaming up and have a growing friendship with Green Lantern. Things like the costume, him having a stuble instead of a van-dyke, him owning Q-Core before Queen industries and some other parts are interesting to see develop as it grows
                        Let me know when they change the writers to Jeff Lemire, Snyder or someone good.

Comment

Originally posted by luisl
                          Let me know when they change the writers to Jeff Lemire, Snyder or someone good.
                          I think people don't give Geoff Johns enough credit for the excellent work he has done.
                          Green Arrow has been been portrayed much better in Justice League than he has been in the past few years. The social conscious hard edged Ollie is back, looking for redemption and social justice, but putting up a brave front and acting like nothing in the world can bothers him. Its a much better improvement than his own book, be in before the relaunch (whiney, confused, lost in the magical forest) or after the relaunch focusing too much on nothing in the world could affect him.

However Green Arrow has improved quite alot after the new writer has taken over in issue 7. I think this writer is someone that could really bring the real Ollie back and face it, Ollie hasn't had an identity for years, the relaunch didn't affect anything. Smallville essentially took essence of him from over the 30 years and merged them plus added its own flavour and thus spawned the Ollie we saw in the first 6 issues. However Issue 7 onwards, it seems to be taking elements of him everywhere. So I'm pretty satisfied with how he is portrayed currently. With the current writer helming the book, I'm sure we can get to see better stuff.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                            Originally posted by Qcore
                            I think people don't give Geoff Johns enough credit for the excellent work he has done.
                            Green Arrow has been been portrayed much better in Justice League than he has been in the past few years. The social conscious hard edged Ollie is back, looking for redemption and social justice, but putting up a brave front and acting like nothing in the world can bothers him. Its a much better improvement than his own book, be in before the relaunch (whiney, confused, lost in the magical forest) or after the relaunch focusing too much on nothing in the world could affect him.
                            GJ gets the character, hands down, first time nuDCnU GA felt alive and kicking. He is doing great stuff with Aquaman, JL and GL. He has the ability to transform a book completely. Too bad he is ever busy for GA, they would probably give him an A list superhero title anyway.

However Green Arrow has improved quite alot after the new writer has taken over in issue 7. I think this writer is someone that could really bring the real Ollie back and face it, Ollie hasn't had an identity for years, the relaunch didn't affect anything. Smallville essentially took essence of him from over the 30 years and merged them plus added its own flavour and thus spawned the Ollie we saw in the first 6 issues. However Issue 7 onwards, it seems to be taking elements of him everywhere. So I'm pretty satisfied with how he is portrayed currently. With the current writer helming the book, I'm sure we can get to see better stuff.
                            The writing is improving, the art is beyond horrific. The title would fair better with a new artist.

Comment

[QUOTE=Aquahyde;7754038]

GJ gets the character, hands down, first time nuDCnU GA felt alive and kicking. He is doing great stuff with Aquaman, JL and GL. He has the ability to transform a book completely. Too bad he is ever busy for GA, they would probably give him an A list superhero title anyway.

The writing is improving, the art is beyond horrific. The title would fair better with a new artist.
                              I do agree the art could do better. But I'm not really complaining.

Comment

There are some rumors from non-legitimate sites that The CW may have already picked it up. I don't think we should celebrate until an official news source (ie, Deadline, Zap2It, TVLine) reports on it, as people tend to make things up for traffic, but I do think the buzz so far has been quite encouraging...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎