Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow In The Media

Maybe we can use this thread for media mentions of Arrow, aside from what one can find at GreenArrowTV?

Please only use legitimate news sites, though. Deadline, TVLine, TV Guide, EW, Huffington Post, things like that all count. Fan sites, "spoiler" sites, sites with the initials CBM etc. are NEVER allowed. GreenArrowTV and KSiteTV are also fine, of course.

I'll get the ball rolling... Deadline is reporting that the pilot buzz for Arrow is VERY good:

(RE-POSTED FROM FRIDAY): Back by popular demand: Deadline’s Pilot Buzz lists. We’re earlier than normal this year while pilots have generally been late, with only a handful of them having cuts by now and the vast majority still in various stages of production. Therefore, everything on this list has to be taken with a gigantic […]

"If there is such thing as sure thing so early, the CW’s ARROW and THE CARRIE DIARIES would be it. They have pre-sold titles and are already making a lot of noise. Both were solid pre-production, received mostly favorable reaction to the fist images of the title characters released last month, and the strong buzz continues."

Heres one from Huffington Post
    The CW has a diverse slate this year, which gives them plenty of options as they attempt to shepherd the network towards a broader, older fan base. If they pull it off, they could very well graduate from high school.

"
    Arrow
    " is. Produced by Greg Berlanti ("Brothers & Sisters," "Everwood") and co-written by Marc Guggenheim, with whom Berlanti wrote the screenplay for "The Green Lantern," it's a take on the Green Arrow, a Batman-style vigilante crime fighter. After being discovered on a deserted island, several years after he was shipwrecked (the only survivor of the crew, which included his father) Oliver Queen, a billionaire playboy, returns home a changed man with a taste for vengeance. Part ensemble soap and part action series, "Arrow" has something for everyone, especially -- true to CW form -- when it comes to eye candy. This will most certainly find a home on The CW's fall schedule.

SURE THINGS
    • "The Selection" -- Unless something goes horribly awry during production, this is a safe bet.
    • "Arrow" -- This is right in The CW's sweet spot, and it also doesn't hurt that it's being directed by David Nutter, who has directed 18 other pilots over the course of his career, only one of which was not picked up to series.

Comment

This sounds good (except the soap bit).

Is that statistic about David Nutter's success rate true?

Comment

Yes, it is true. Nutter has only had one pilot, ever, that didn't get picked up.

Thanks for linking that HuffPo article. I thought about linking it too but I was too lazy to go find the URL, lol.

Comment

And Nutter's pilot list includes Smallville and Supernatural. (There are plenty of shows among his resume that didn't go on to long successful runs though, but that's not his fault.)

Comment

Yeah, what matters is that he created pilots that were good enough to have people think "this would be a great series." If he did that with Arrow, great... though I hope they get good directors on for beyond the pilot too.

Comment

The idea behind this thread sounds really good .
              I'm glad to read that Arrow is being considered a sure thing.
              I've seen an image of Anna Sophia Robb from the Carrie Diaries, and that seems good too.
              But Arrow is the only upcoming pilot for this coming fall, other than NBC's Revolution (I think that's the name), that has me excited.
              I haven't been online much recently, so haven't seen anything related to Arrow much, except for a picture that I think Katie Cassidy posted - it was an image of a Black Canary action figure. Not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by smithy698
                This sounds good (except the soap bit).
                Agreed but it's the CW so that's kind of expected.

Comment

Heres one.
                  Last month Anything Goes star Colin Donnell said “bon voyage” to the S.S. American and set sail to…Vancouver? Donnell took a leave of absence as …

"
                  Even though Donnell didn't take any bad guys down himself, he did get to cruise Vancouver in a $500,000 ride. “[Merlyn] is a billionaire playboy, bad-boy kinda guy,” Donnell said. “I’m kind of a car guy, and I read in the script that he [gets] out of a Mercedes McLaren. I was like, 'This is gonna be awesome.'” Although Donnell “definitely” didn’t get to drive the extremely pricey vehicle, he was thrilled just to see the McLaren in person. “Even sitting in that thing is awesome!”"

Comment

I sure hope the series gets picked up.

Comment

^ I'm sure it will. Will it last past the first season though? Not sure.

Comment

I hope it goes for 4-5 years.

Comment

I'm sure it will. Will it last past the first season though? Not sure.
                          I believe the show will be picked, but will ultimately flop. Green Arrow is not an exciting character and doesn't have a sufficiently large fanbase to merit a show of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                            I believe the show will be picked, but will ultimately flop. Green Arrow is not an exciting character and doesn't have a sufficiently large fanbase to merit a show of his own.
                            The show might not succeed (although I really hope it does). However, I can't agree that Green Arrow is not exciting - as a character he has great potential, although whether that comes through on screen depends on the scripts, the acting and the direction. As for fanbase, personally I don't think that matters massively. Some shows start from scratch, with totally new characters - lack of fanbase doesn't mean they inevitably fail. A fanbase might give you an initial buzz of interest, but after that longevity is going to be determined primarily by how good the show is.

I'm feeling confident that the show will get picked up, and I hope it is as good as I want it to be. It might not last beyond one season, but I think its fate will be in its own hands.

Comment

Looking at the cast and directors, I think the show can do pretty well. I thought The Vampire Diaries would flop when I first heard about it coming to TV. Seemed like another Vampire based show and I had just seen Twilight for the first time. Then I saw it and was amazed. Even though its not a spin-off of Smallville, Smallville has brought alot of fans to the GA character, and I think it will do fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎