No announcement yet.

Regina and Jefferson's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regina and Jefferson's Relationship

Did anyone else think at some point during the show that Jefferson and Regina were brother and sister? They obviously have a shared past, and they kept making references to "family". It seemed as if Regina had known his wife. And did I hear some reference to someone's father making wonderland??

By the end Jefferson called Henry "Your Father" and Henry didn't seem to know Jefferson so I'm guessing that they aren't brother and sister.

What do you think their prior relationship was?

I think they def have a pretty close connection. More then just having 'known' each other from say a incident. Like how it work with Regina and the huntsman.

Possible they have the same mother perhaps? Or maybe Regina was close to or related to graces' mother. Tho if thats the case its sad if she then ignored Grace.

Or could they have been close as children? She makes a proverty remark saying it doesn't suit him which implies he came originially from good fortune. SO it seems to me they must have run in the same social circles at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
      They obviously have a shared past
      I just thought Regina had gone to Wonderland with Jefferson before, but never thought they were related.

Comment

If the only way to get to Wonderland was through the Hatter's hat...........how did he not know that Regina's father was there?

Comment

I'm confused about timeline too. If Regina's father was alive, it means this happened long before she widowed and used his heart to release the curse. I wonder how much time back into the story we must go to understand where this bit fits in. Maybe snowhite was just a girl when Regina left Jefferson in Wonderland.

Comment

I guess I assumed that everyone living in Storybrook is the age that they were when the curse took over Fairytale land. The only people that have changed in age at all are Emma and Henry both born outside of the curse. So if this assumption is true, Jefferson's daughter was approximately the same age as she was when Jefferson was trapped. If this even had happened several years before the cursing then wouldn't the daughter be much older in Storybrook? Perhaps my assumption is wrong, or maybe this is simply a plot hole.

As far as Jefferson's and Regina's relationship, Henry didn't seem to recognize or acknowledge Jefferson at all, so perhaps Jefferson worked in the queen's court before he quit to raise his daughter? I hope we get more back story here. I loved his character.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
              If the only way to get to Wonderland was through the Hatter's hat...........how did he not know that Regina's father was there?
              Alice went to Wonderland through a rabbit hole.

Comment

Okay how i see it.

Regina at some point after Snow's fathers death loses her father to the queen of hearts. Not sure how but it doesn't really matter because what we do know is that she knew of the land even if she had never been through the hat before to get to the door ways.

We know Grace/paige are relatively the same age. There can be a leeway as children can get away with looking a bit younger or older then they are. For example my daughter is 7, but she could get away with ppl thinking she's an 6yr at this point. So i am figuring that the Jefferson incident happened within a year or so of Regina killing her father to enact the curse. We already know that after she threatened Snow she went around to put things in motion, including stealing from other witches, and messing with lives in order to get what she wanted.

Jefferson's mental state i think is partly due to his condition from Wonderland. I also think Closet Clana has it when it comes to him and Regina's relationship. He was probably a member of her court. Or Snow's fathers court.

Comment

I guess I assumed that everyone living in Storybrook is the age that they were when the curse took over Fairytale land.
                  That is a correct assumption. I'd even think it was correct enough to call it a fact

So if this assumption is true, Jefferson's daughter was approximately the same age as she was when Jefferson was trapped. If this even had happened several years before the cursing then wouldn't the daughter be much older in Storybrook?
                  That's an excellent point. I'm guessing that the curse would have happened within the year or so (in other words, what FWvidchick said) of the trip to Wonderland. Regina was the Queen at the time and seems to have been for some time (Grace knew about her), so I think that's the only real part of the timeline we can go off of. We know Regina's father Henry was still alive, so it happened BEFORE the curse, but other than that, there's very little to connect dots with.

Originally posted by BAMAGIRL
                  Alice went to Wonderland through a rabbit hole.
                  That's how it happens in the Alice story WE know of, but maybe that's not how it happens in the Once-verse? Just something to keep in mind. It could be that the hat IS the rabbit hole?

But, then there could be a rabbit hole somewhere else since we never saw how Alice gets there (if she ever does and I think she would but we don't see it), so who knows?

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                  We already know that after she threatened Snow she went around to put things in motion, including stealing from other witches, and messing with lives in order to get what she wanted.
                  Regina had, at least, nine months, right? From the time Snow and Charming got married to when Snow gave birth to Emma? All we saw after The Queen threatened the wedding was her visiting Maleficent to get the curse, her visiting Rumple, and the first attempt at the curse that failed. I think it's possible she was out doing other things in that time.

Maybe she knew she would need her father (not even necessarily for his heart, but just for support since she was pretty much alone) after her threat and that's why she spent some of her time to get him out of Wonderland?

It might be a good idea to put some of these timeline ideas in the Fairy Tale Land timeline thread. It could probably use some updating
                  Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-28-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎