Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Born-Again Identity?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anu
    Did anyone recognize Meg?
    Because of her face being so puffy? Fans have said that the actress recently suffered a back injury and is on steroids for it and that's what made her face so puffy (I know you gain weight while on steroids, my aunt did when she had to take them for a while). I don't know if that's true or not though.

So I went into this episode with lower expectations, I guess. I wasn't looking forward to Sam going all crazy and while I do love Cas I am not a huge fan and wasn't sure about them bringing him back.

I was more than pleasantly surprised. We got way more Sam time than I expected we'd have and the way they brought Cas back was fairly inventive.

Anyway, loved Hallucifer's remarks to Sam at the start "Stupid Satan". And Sam awake for 5 days? So I'm confused, did Sam actually take some drugs in an effort to sleep? And was his hallucinating from lack of sleep or the drugs (if he took them)?

Then being hit by a car (jeez, first almost hit by a semi last week and this week--!). Sam does not have good luck with vehicles.

Loved Dean slamming right into the doc's office (that's our Dean!).

And Hallucifer reminding Sam he didn't have to sleep when he was soulless was a nice touch as well.

Okay, Sam in white scrubs with scruff. Yum! (though I'm usually a clean-shaven-guy kinda gal.)

So mad a Hallucifer for ruining the moment between the brothers!

The book on the floor--was it Bobby? Is it a ghost?

Hallucifer is right, being in that place is a lot like Sam in the cage. Only no fires of Hell?

Ugh, the maggots, gross!

Hallucifer with the mega phone (man, Mark must have had some fun with this one!).

Ah, the return of the demons, a reminder of the 'deal' with Crowley and then blam! Hi, Cas (and he's married?!).

Did anyone else notice how Hallucifer kept going back to music to torture Sam? Interesting...

And trust Sam to find a case while in a mental hospital. I actually rather liked Marin (she reminded me a little of Ava from Season 2?). And the idea that there are people in the mental wards who might be in there because of supernatural activity (thus meaning they aren't really crazy, at least in the SPN world) is an intriguing one. How many are in there because of saying they saw something or the like? Makes you wonder...

Dean skirting around Ca breaking Sam's wall with Cas. The store (anyone else notice the 'musak' playing there was from one of the gag reels? I'm pretty sure...) and enter Meg.

Even in a mental hospital, Sam still saves the day.

"It's just like riding a bike." "I don't know how to do that either." Heh.

Cas smiting and his memory returns. I sat there, watching Cas walk away and thought 'if you cut out on fixing Sam, Dean will gank you no matter what it takes!'

The electroshock stuff gave me flashbacks to Smallville and poor Lex!

And Cas to the rescue and undoing what he did. But oops, he can't fix it? Except then Cas takes Sam's 'crazy' and in a sense they switch places (did someone tell Emmanuel's wife about this?). And Meg joining as nurse to keep an eye on him (or bust him out?)?

I know some people were mad about Sam's 'easy fix' but I rather like that they didn't stretch it out (after all, he's been dealing with it since he got his soul back in Season 6).

So much better episode than I had expected. Some great work from Jared, acting wise, and tying up some lose threads. Gave it a 9.

Comment

Oh, I did not know that about her having an injury (if it's true). She just looked a lot different in her face.

Comment

Talking about Rachel Miner like that is a low blow; medication or not.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
        I know some people were mad about Sam's 'easy fix' but I rather like that they didn't stretch it out (after all, he's been dealing with it since he got his soul back in Season 6).
        See, that's what I don't get. People are already complaining about the "quick fix", but it's so not a fix when the problem still exists, but now in the mind of Castiel. I wouldn't call that a quick fix at all. And plus, Sam's soul was still tortured...I'm sure there will still be some consequences directed to Sam.
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          What, you mean me? I hope I didn't offend and if I did I apologize.

Comment

No one meant anything negative about Rachel. Just asked why she looked differently as compared to how we are used to see her. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              What, you mean me? I hope I didn't offend and if I did I apologize.
              Referring to Anu on this one.

You probably didn't try to mean anything negative, but what was up with the ':S' face? Sounded like you were trying to make a joke if you ask me.
              Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-30-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Referring to Anu on this one.

You probably didn't try to mean anything negative, but what was up with the ':S' face? Sounded like you were trying to make a joke if you ask me.
                I apologize if it came out like that. I didn't mean to sound like that, I was just surprissed I guess. Again, I'm sorry.

Comment

Excuse me? Can't we be honest here, as long as we are nice to each other?

I'll be honest. I think she is an abomination to the art of acting. She may as well be standing there, script in hand, reading her lines. They need to exorcise her and find her a different body, or just get rid of Meg completely. I dread every scene that she is in. This episode was absolutely fantastic, other than her, one of the best of the season.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎