No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Canceled By FOX

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra Nova Canceled By FOX

Reports are coming in that Terra Nova has been canceled by FOX, but it might be shopped to other networks.

What do you all think?

Disappointed, but not surprised by the news. Like most folks, I was generally underwhelmed by the series, but I still felt it had the potential to be really good scifi. They set up a decent premise for a second season, so I was looking forward to more.

Comment

I am so disappointed. I knew this could happen, but really? Again, they cancel a really good show (Human Target anyone)? I hope some other network picks it up and runs with it, and shows FOX just how this is done.

It's weird that in January ( quote taken from this article: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Canc...i&profileid=05)
      In January, Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly told reporters that the show "was an exciting bet to take. It was worthwhile. We're trying to figure out... if that's the best show [for our schedule]. If we had more holes, we'd be thrilled to lock that right in. ... If this is all we produce, we made money on it, the studio made money on it, and the audience enjoyed it."
      They made money on it, but I guess figured that they could make more with another show.

I saw it coming and I'm still disappointed.....

Comment

while i thought this show was pretty good, it also annoyed the heck out of me too. I can't say i'm to upset to see this one go. This show just fell short everywhere.

Comment

A little disappointed but when I saw the season finale, I could see if they didn't come back it would end in a good place so I'm not really surprised. I'm glad at least it made money since it's costly to make this kind of show. Seems like this season hasn't been all that great for new shows since a lot of them got cancelled. Sometimes it isn't worth getting invested in a new show nowadays since one never knows if it will last. Viewers get gun shy after awhile. At least with Terra Nova with the family sitting together with hope for the future and without a big cliffhanger, it now feels more like a mini series. Those are rather scarce anymore which I rather enjoyed watching when I knew there would be a begining, middle and end before it even started. Oh well, better luck with the new shows coming out.

Comment

I was underwhelmed by the series too. It had potential though and I think it deserved a second season.

Oh well maybe Sci-Fi will pick it up.

You know, maybe they should have made this an animated series instead. We could have had all the dinosaurs we wanted!

Comment

Zero chance any other network would pick it up, especially Sci.... SyFy. No cable network is going to put forth a budget close to what Fox probably gave it and no broadcast network would pick it up.

Sucks but at the same time it was a kinda "meh" series so I wasn't surprised either.

Comment

[QUOTE=RockyF;7721644]Disappointed, but not surprised by the news. Like most folks, I was generally underwhelmed by the series, but I still felt it had the potential to be really good scifi. They set up a decent premise for a second season, so I was looking forward to more.[/QUOTE

I totally agree with everything you said.
                I watched it every week more or less b/c there isn't alot else to watch. But I did like the the season ending - cut off from the future, the colonists would have to make it on their own and struggle to survive not to mention venturing into the "bad Lands".

I thought season 2 looked more exciting that season 1. But I also think we will never find out.

Comment

Deadline is now reporting that Netflix is looking into reviving Terra Nova. I think that would be a very long shot though, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

EXCLUSIVE: Netflix is already bringing back one cancelled 20th Century Fox TV series, the Emmy-winning Arrested Development. Now the video streaming giant is taking a look at another, drama Terra Nova. I hear that 20th TV and Netflix have been in talks about keeping the pre-historic drama alive. My sources stress that the conversations are […]

Comment

It might turn out to be nothing but it looks like there might be hope for Terra Nova fans.
                    EXCLUSIVE: Netflix is already bringing back one cancelled 20th Century Fox TV series, the Emmy-winning Arrested Development. Now the video streaming giant is taking a look at another, drama Terra Nova. I hear that 20th TV and Netflix have been in talks about keeping the pre-historic drama alive. My sources stress that the conversations are preliminary and it is unclear if they will materialize into a negotiation, but for fans of the series left heartbroken by Fox’s decision on Monday not to pick it up for a second season, this is still encouraging news. Immediately after Fox made its cancellation decision, 20th TV made it clear that it would try hard to find a new home for the series and shop it to other networks.
                    http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/netf...ed-terra-nova/

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                      Reports are coming in that Terra Nova has been canceled by FOX, but it might be shopped to other networks.

What do you all think?
                      No major surprise really. I generally support many shows that eventually are canceled, but, in this case, I agree with Fox's decision. Terra Nova was a really bad show.

Comment

Not surprise by this, FOX has a track record of canceling shows before they find an audience. And it's even worse with sci-fi series'. I always feel like they really hate sci-fi and only humor the fans of these types of shows until they can't stand it no more.

Comment

Yeah not too surprising, the show never interested me. They cancelled it... such an ABC move

Comment

While it could have been better, I was looking forward to a second season. It was one of only a few shows on tv that I can even tolerate to watch and seen potential in it.

Comment

Not surprised. It was an amazing concept, but it was slow paced and had cheesy effects.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎