Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Smallville Season 11: The Comic (General Discussion)

http://www.ksitetv.com/?p=11593

Talk about this news here!

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

My feeling about this news? I'm SO EXCITED. I don't think a televised continuation of Smallville should happen, just because it's unrealistic. Who's to say Tom would wear the costume, other actors have moved on, the sets are gone, so many reasons, also including the fact that a new Superman movie is out next year. But this... could be continuing the story with no limitations. Theoretically, if they want Bruce Wayne, they can give us Bruce Wayne, interacting with our favorite version of Clark from the past 10 years. Lex Luthor is listed as a regular character. Could we have the Lana story wrapped up? Can Chlollie break up? Can we find out about the "new identity" Chloe took on after "Fortune" anyway? How, in 7 years, will Clark and Lois be so convincingly not a couple that they look awkward when they bump in the stairs? Will Lex get his memories back?

I'm babbling. Because I'm EXCITED. Can't wait!
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-08-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    My feeling about this news? I'm SO EXCITED. I don't think a televised continuation of Smallville should happen, just because it's unrealistic. Who's to say Tom would wear the costume, other actors have moved on, the sets are gone, so many reasons, also including the fact that a new Superman movie is out next year. But this... could be continuing the story with no limitations. Theoretically, if they want Bruce Wayne, they can give us Bruce Wayne, interacting with our favorite version of Clark from the past 10 years. Lex Luthor is listed as a regular character. Could we have the Lana story wrapped up? Can Chlollie break up? Can we find out about the "new identity" Chloe took on after "Fortune" anyway? How, in 7 years, will Clark and Lois be so convincingly not a couple that they look awkward when they bump in the stairs? Will Lex get his memories back?

My exact feelings!! + Speechless and very happy!!

Just saw this when you posted it on facebook. The new tagline can be No budgets,No Restrictions or Flights& Tights.

Posting Pro
    http://www.ksitetv.com/?p=11593

Talk about this news here!

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

I wonder how much control DC will have with the storylines. I think that if they have a say then I could see them wanting Chloe and Oliver to divorce (I personally love Chloe/Ollie), but if they don't have alot, then I could see them staying together.

Wasn't Chloe's "identity" that she went back to reporting while trying to find other heroes to possibly join the JLA? Fortune really didn't take the time to get into Chloe's farewell, so maybe the comic would expand on that.

I'm still kind of bummed that Lex is nothing more than a clone and not the Lex that we saw for 8+ years. That kind killed the joy, for me, because Clark and Lex as enemies doesn't feel like the real thing. To me at least.

I'm interested in reading the comic to find out. Is it available online first and then in comic book form? Or did I read that part wrong?

I always assumed Chloe took on a new identity in Star City, because "Chloe Sullivan" was considered dead. Then I guess it would open a can of worms with "Well, Chloe Sullivan got legally married so she must not be dead," and it wasn't addressed in the Finale, so who knows.

I loved that farewell scene in "Fortune." One of the best moments of Season 10.

Sounds like it is available online first and then as a comic.

Woohoo!! Cool bananas. I'll have to go back to my early teen days of being an absolutely fanatical Superman comic collector.

Posting Pro
    I don't know, the press release says Chloe Sullivan-Queen so maybe she put herself back in the systems? The show didn't really explain anything.

I just meant that the episode was about Lois' search for her ring and her party, and the Chloe parts were rushed. There wasn't really any set up in that episode, or any of the previous ones Chloe was in. IMO.

Cool. I wonder how much it'll cost to read it. Hopefully not too much, I'm a poor college student. LOL

I'm interested. This could be much more satisfying than another season run by the same people with the same restrictions.

Six months...I wonder if we'll get explanations about various unexplained things from the finale. I'm sure we'll at least learn what happened to Lex's memories.

I'm really disappointed that there are no red trunks in that picture. Aside from the fact that the suit looks better with them, the CGI Supes from Finale had them. That's show continuity! I guess we're back in Smallville after all.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
    I wonder how much control DC will have with the storylines. I think that if they have a say then I could see them wanting Chloe and Oliver to divorce (I personally love Chloe/Ollie), but if they don't have alot, then I could see them staying together.

Wasn't Chloe's "identity" that she went back to reporting while trying to find other heroes to possibly join the JLA? Fortune really didn't take the time to get into Chloe's farewell, so maybe the comic would expand on that.

I'm still kind of bummed that Lex is nothing more than a clone and not the Lex that we saw for 8+ years. That kind killed the joy, for me, because Clark and Lex as enemies doesn't feel like the real thing. To me at least.

I'm interested in reading the comic to find out. Is it available online first and then in comic book form? Or did I read that part wrong?
    CW have 0 control over the materials.
    Once the TV show is over, it goes back to the publishing company.
    Just like how charmed and buffy were both aired in WB but they were bought by them so its being reverted back to their own production company after the series ended. Smallville was produced by WBTV and some other firm, thus CBS have no control over that.
    WB then got the rights from DC, so I'm guessing DC would have full control over how the series would go.
    Since this is not in continuity with the main DCU, I'll assume its main target would be the TV crowd, thus, everything should be in contact. They wont try to break up Ollie and Chloe for the sake of doing it.

Also the comic would be available online first from April. I'm gonna assume that it'll take a format similar to Batman Beyond unlimited/Justice League beyond, where 20 horizontal pages are being released weekly and after 4 weeks it'll be collated in a printed version at 3.99 for 40 pages.

Online the digital comics may be free (I don't know how those work really), but the comic I would assume would be $2.99. Maybe $3.99 with extra content, but I hate it when they do that.

I wonder who's doing the added episode guide for the comic. It's not be, though I would have loved to! I miss writing published stuff...

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
    I don't know, the press release says Chloe Sullivan-Queen so maybe she put herself back in the systems? The show didn't really explain anything.

I just meant that the episode was about Lois' search for her ring and her party, and the Chloe parts were rushed. There wasn't really any set up in that episode, or any of the previous ones Chloe was in. IMO.

Cool. I wonder how much it'll cost to read it. Hopefully not too much, I'm a poor college student. LOL
    Wasnt Chloe already married to Oliver Queen and gave birth to a child?
    I think this should be pretty interesting. I hope Lana comes back. I love Lana.

Sounds like it is available online first and then as a comic.
    Sounds like Batman Beyond Unlimited.

I hope we find out what happened to Lana too. She would have come in handy to stop Kryptonians in "Salvation," with her Krypto-suit and all.

This news is occasion to change my avatar.

Forum Whiz
    Online the digital comics may be free (I don't know how those work really), but the comic I would assume would be $2.99. Maybe $3.99 with extra content, but I hate it when they do that.

I wonder who's doing the added episode guide for the comic. It's not be, though I would have loved to! I miss writing published stuff...
    I don't think it'll be free. It should be following Batman Beyond format by which they release 20 horizontal pages (10 vertical page) at 99 cents per week.
    After 4 weeks, it will be collected in printed form at 3.99 for 40 pages.
    If Smallville follows this standard which was Batman Beyond unlimited's one, its extremely worthwhile to get it in print. Since regular printed comics are 20 pages at 2.99, while this is 40 pages at 3.99.

Win Win for us.
    Also, have I mentioned how freaking excited I am about this?
    I have been having withdrawal symptoms from Smallville. Im glad this is back. My life will be complete again. LOL.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast