Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Chuck Series Finale?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Chuck Series Finale?

What did you think of the final episode?
    10 - Chuck me that was good!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Thank goodness it's over
    0%

I feel like i did when i watched the smallville finale, except this is the finale i wanted and we the fans deserved from chuck, and it tied up all the loose ends and made me feel as a fan like this was awesome the kiss at the end was great, just wished sarah would have gotten her memories back thats only slipknot i wished they woulda tied up.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was a bit of a mean ending for Sarah/Chuck fans. Not knowing if they get together or not, or if Sarah ever gets her memories back.

Comment

That was totally not the way that I expected this to end. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole two hours, especially the first hour after we learned what happened after Sarah lost her memories.

Even though its sad, I'm extremely happy that Sarah trusted herself in the end and listened to Chuck tell her their story.

The only thing that I was hoping would happen would be that in the last fifteen to twenty minutes, we we see a time skip into the future that showed where everyone was in five to ten years.

I really wanted to see Chuck and Sarah happily living in their dream house, with a couple of kids and maybe a dog, with Chuck running a computer company and Sarah working with him sometimes but mostly a stay at home mom, enjoying her relaxing new life.

We could've seen Morgan and Alex living together, probably married and maybe with a baby or two. Morgan could work with Chuck and Alex could be a elementry school teacher.

We might've seen Casey and Verbanski together, with Casey working with her and the two of them happily together and maybe see Casey playing with his possible grandchildren.

We could've seen Ellie, Devon, Clara and maybe another baby living in Chicago and happy with their lives there or visiting Burbank for a vacation.

We could see Mary finally settling down somewhere and becoming the lovable grandmother that would do anything to see her grandchildren smile.

We could've seen Big Mike and Bologna starting their own family and a Mini Mike or Bologna running around with big brother Morgan and his family.

We could have seen Jeffster's big future music career !!!

Chuck cast and crew, we will all miss you more than you could possibly ever imagine !!!

I think I'm going to go cry somewhere...

Comment

I agree with all of you guys. I needed to see Chuck and Sarah get their happy ending. For Sarah to get her life and her memory back. Sarah has never had a life, not before Chuck and to end the show with Sarah losing the life she had built with Chuck and going back to being just a spy and nothing else was heartbreaking. And it's heartbreaking from Chuck's standpoint too. He never had much of a family, other than Ellie and he finally finds someone to create that family with and she doesn't remember him and can't remember the love she had for him. And on top of that, the only family Chuck ever really had in his life is leaving too.

During the last two episodes of Chuck we never got to see the Chuck and Sarah we've always known and grown to love.

And I really really, did want to see the glimpse into the future with Chuck and Sarah and their house and their kids.That's something I've wanted to see for years on the show, especially this year with all the talk of the house. It was a disappointment to not get it after all that build up all season.

I really hope there will be a movie of some sort in the future where we get that. I want it and more than that, I need it.

Comment

The movie idea sounds AMAZING ! I would love to see that in the future ! Someone from their past turns up and threatens the lives of Chuck, Sarah and their kids.

Comment

Not sure what to say how I feel right now. I think I felt the same way when other shows ended such as Heroes, BSG, Smallville, etc...
              I didn't really expect the show to last as long as it did or for them to keep things as interesting as they did. The whole nerd herder by day and spy by night idea seemed kinda out there but the show made it somehow work.
              I guess I expected Chuck and Sarah fulfilling their dream. Though that might actually come in time. I'm actually glad to see Casey leaving. I couldn't really envision him being content as the enforcer for the new Chuck Enterprises.
              Nice to see Jeffster back.
              The nods to previous episodes where nice.
              Chuck's "warning shot" was classic Chuck.
              I was thinking Chuck would end up with the intersect again. It is his destiny. Though I was hoping Jeff would end up with it and it would rescramble his brains and we would end up with the old Jeff again.
              Overall a good ending to a good show.
              Last edited by Who; 01-27-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

That's it folks...It wasn't the ending I was expecting but it will do. The spy business is finished and lives are continuing in their own direction. Sarah started getting glimpses of her past and I think some, if not all of her memories, return in time. The fact that it ended with Sarah and Chuck together leads me to believe they will continue their lives together with a happily ever after. Love conquers all. It's been a fun ride and I will miss Chuck and company.

Comment

The finale might not have been what we all expected, but I liked how it ended the same way the first episode of the series ended, just with the roles of Chuck and Sarah reversed. As sad as I am and most of us are that the series has come to an end, I am proud of the loyal fan base that helped see to it that the series made it this far. So to Josh and Chris, Zac, Yvonne, Adam, and Joshua Gomez, congratulations, you guys did it. 5 seasons, and you got to end the series on your terms. As much as it will be missed, we are all thankful for how long it lasted.

Comment

I thought the last couple of episodes were pretty good. Some great nods to the past five years. But I was actually hoping that Sarah would get her memory back halfway through the final hour, so we could see all of them working together as a unified team with full knowledge of who they are and what's happened in the last 5 years. I think it may have been more effective (but perhaps more cliche) if the flashbacks came as Chuck and Sarah were kissing, rather than before. I do think that Sarah will get her memories back but we will never get to see it.

Honestly I am fine with not seeing the future years down the road. I understand that others may have wanted and that's cool, but for me personally it was unnecessary. At the same time, they could have had a new beginnings for everyone, including Sarah, without keeping her memories wiped. I did like that Chuck ended up with the Intersect again, at least for the last part of the episode.
                    Last edited by Vergon6; 01-28-2012, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I'm left with mixed feelings. I feel that the final two episodes of Chuck would have been a GREAT way to *open* the final season, not end it. Season 5 could have carried this arc throughout...with Chuck gaining the Intersect back early on, and working w/ Sarah, but on the side he spends his time building an Intersect that will restore her memories, and also one that will remove his.

After all...this entire show was about two things: Chuck and Sarah falling in love, and Chuck wanting to rid the Intersect from his brain. Everything else was the B-storyline. But the way the show ended...the B-storyline seemed to pan out perfectly while the A-storyline actually accomplished neither goal...as Chuck now has the Intersect again and Sarah lost her memories. I mean...Chuck and Sarah got married. And now we're supposed to believe that the two of them will move into the future unaware of this? Chuck is supposed to wear his wedding band but not Sarah.

This is the unfortunate thing with how it all ended. We can't assume anything. The way that Chuck poured out his emotions in the finale...like he had never done before...only to have Sarah walk out on him...was pathetic.

Amazing amazing show.

Terrible finale.

My opinion.

Comment

Good final for the most part but I am on the side that it should have been stated that Sarah should got her memories back in the final moments. One thing that always bugs me is when a writer/producer goes out of there way to not make a cliche episode/ending that just doesn't feel 100% right and a cliche episode/ending would work much better. I usually refer to this as trying to put the skills they learned in art school to use. The last scene definitely had an artsy feel to it trying to make it similar to the last scene of the first ever episode(which basically expects the average viewer to pick up on the similarity since I will be honest I didn't pick that up till I saw somebody point it out).
                        Last edited by Supsfan; 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I loved the finale, and thought the final scene was appropriate. As others have already mentioned, it ties back to the end of the first episodes, but with their roles reversed. I don't think it needed to be said whether she got her memories back or not.. I think you could tell that she was (re)learning to trust Chuck. She was being emotional again (crying and laughing to Chuck's story), which we hadn't seen from her since being 'turned' by Quinn. She asked Chuck to tell her their story, and she asked him to kiss him... which I took it pretty much as her wanting to stick around because it's what her heart wants. I also think this it's kind of nice that they get this fresh start to fall in love with each other again, without the complications of the spy world. It's kind of what she's hinted at before- wanting to just live a normal life.

As for everyone else, everything tied up pretty nicely, but it was left open enough that they could totally do a movie in the future. Zachary Levi himself has mentioned talking to the producers & show creators about getting a movie online, just for the fans.

Oh, and I freaking loved all the callbacks to previous seasons. That weinerlicious fight seemed almost identical. (Just started rewatching the pilot.. Sarah's fight with the guards in front of the "white room" is almost identical to bryce larkin's too!) I went through so many ranges of emotions in that 2-hr finale... damn you Chuck! I'm going to miss this show and all its lovely cast a LOT.
                          Last edited by beautyfades; 01-29-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beautyfades
                            I don't think it needed to be said whether she got her memories back or not.. I think you could tell that she was (re)learning to trust Chuck. She was being emotional again (crying and laughing to Chuck's story), which we hadn't seen from her since being 'turned' by Quinn. She asked Chuck to tell her their story, and she asked him to kiss him... which I took it pretty much as her wanting to stick around because it's what her heart wants.
                            This is where I have to disagree. Even if Sarah was beginning to trust Chuck (in that the story he was telling was the honest truth), she still doesn't remember it. We can't assume that Sarah asking Chuck to kiss her was supposed to be some kind of sign that she remembered. But we also can assume that, and this is my dilemma. Sarah being emotional again...since being turned by Quinn? So you mean...like 47 screen minutes ago? That's nothing in terms of time on the show.

Originally posted by beautyfades
                            I also think this it's kind of nice that they get this fresh start to fall in love with each other again, without the complications of the spy world. It's kind of what she's hinted at before- wanting to just live a normal life.
                            A fresh start? When did Chuck ask for a fresh start? Did we watch the same finale? I'm pretty sure that Sarah flat out told Chuck (again...because her memory was wiped) that her cover worked and that her relationship with him was utmost convincing. She also sated that spying is what she does, and what she's good at. Chuck also has the Intersect back in his head. Is this the "life without complications of the spy world" that you're referring to?

Let me re-emphasize one of my points...Chuck and Sarah are legally married. I'm supposed to believe that she is going to fall in love with Chuck all over again...while they're ALREADY married?! What!? Because of the problem in how it was ended...we can't assume this just as much as we can assume that they get divorced!

Yeah yeah I get it...the episode had alot of good nods to the series...about what made it special. I'm glad they did those things, but I'm sorry...the ending is an epic fail. It makes re-watching the series difficult, knowing how it ends. Like I said...I think this would have made a great season opener and they could have carried this arc throughout the final season. SHOW us how Chuck wins Sarah over again so we can walk away from the finale knowing that it does happen, you know? They could have totally played an angle of Chuck being a handler for Sarah...

This was a great show. I would probably rate the series an 8 out of 10. But the finale, specifically the last few segments, were terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Melekith
                              But the finale, specifically the last few segments, were terrible.
                              I find it hard to rate the final. While I agree the final few segments were bad(well manly the ending for Chuck and Sarah) I though the other hour and fifty five minutes were highly entertaining. Last scene of an episode many times can effect my opinion of an episode(I generally like episodes ending off on good notes) and in this case I would say it turned a great episode into just a good one.

Thankfully I have the ability to separate stuff I don't like from stuff I do so if I ever rewatch Chuck, I will watch it withe the idea that Chuck and Sarah live happily ever after no matter how they decided to end it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎