No announcement yet.

Jennifer Morrison

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jennifer Morrison

I don't want to talk about any actors or so. But is it me or wouldn't the show be better with a better actress than Jennifer Morrison? I mean she is nice to look at and all. But she isn't a very actress, the same expression all the time. She has no emotion show off, like Ginnifer Goodwin. I almost think that Erica Durance would have been a better choice.

And also, how much I like the character of the EQ I also think that the actress are also wrong for the part. Lana Parilla seems to overact a lot. It would have felt a little better if she didn't have to stand so close to the person she is talking to all the time and things like that.
    Last edited by Anu; 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM.

Haha, Anu. When I first saw Emma in the pilot, I thought she was a lot like Lois from SV .
    And yes, I usually tend to think that in such kind of roles, Erica would do a better job

But anyways, I like the show in total, so no, I guess I don't really have a problem with either Jennifer Morrison or Lana Parilla.
    Thankfully, OUAT is a not a one man/woman show, and all the characters contribute something different.

I think so far the only person who'd proved himself the best actor is Robert Carlyle (hope I got the name right), just like John Glover in SV.

Considering their history, I'm not surprised that Emma is not the happiest person around, just like with the magnitude of her curse, Regina always seems to be far too alert.
    I think it's how the characters are written, not necessarily the actresses faults.

OUAT is a show that has a great story line and a great cast, and I think both these factors contribute in making this such an awesome show.
    At least, that's my opinion .

Comment

I agree that it's a great show and that the scripts is something that just makes the actors better and all. But I just thought that Jennifer could have been better or a better candidate for that role But yes, Robert is the best one there!

Comment

Yeah, i donīt like Emma either, i watched jennifer in other projects, and I didnīt like her there either.
        But i do like all the others in the show

Comment

Originally posted by KMRR16
          Yeah, i donīt like Emma either, i watched jennifer in other projects, and I didnīt like her there either.
          But i do like all the others in the show
          I like Emma, she is as a lead character is kind of supposed to be. But it's just the actress that isn't right for the part I can kind of think.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
            I like Emma, she is as a lead character is kind of supposed to be. But it's just the actress that isn't right for the part I can kind of think.
            Thatīs what i meant, the actress, not the character, sorry i didnīt write it well, the role is very important after all.

Comment

Originally posted by KMRR16
              Thatīs what i meant, the actress, not the character, sorry i didnīt write it well, the role is very important after all.
              Oh, okay. Now I understand! Yeah, it's great though the performance aren't that great, the writing of the character is pretty good

Comment

I actually really like Jennifer's performance, she reminds me a lot of Lois and I think she plays Emma the way the character is written well, same with Lana, I really think both do a fantastic job. Robert is amazing no doubt, but I think each actor brings something different to their roles and in my opinion they are perfectly cast.

Comment

I love Jennifer Morrison's performance as Emma. I think her performance and the way her character is written is above and beyond anything involving SVLana. I think what people are noticing is that Emma and Henry's characters are not given the opportunities to as vulnerable as others because they do not have crazy FTL stories of there past. The other thing I think people are failing to get is that Emma's character has had a hard life and as a result is more likely to try an avoid her feelings or be emotional. 'The Heart of The Lonely Hunter' is a great example of were we see an expressive and emotional Emma. I love the look on Emma's face when Graham says he is leaving Regina for himself.

Comment

I think shes a good actress But put a "old" actress in a new series as the front figure(ore how you say) is not the right way to go.
                    Maybe put her in a diffrent role. But new series according to me should have diffrent front role=No thanks

Comment

I think the reason why Regina/Evil Witch stands so close to the people she talks to is so she can impose some sort of "authority" on the person. To me, it looks like she's belittling them or talking to them in a condescending manner. Wouldn't you want to slap someone who talked right in your face and poked fun at you all the time? :P

Comment

I would slap her hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by ebatcl
                          Haha, Anu. When I first saw Emma in the pilot, I thought she was a lot like Lois from SV .
                          And yes, I usually tend to think that in such kind of roles, Erica would do a better job

But anyways, I like the show in total, so no, I guess I don't really have a problem with either Jennifer Morrison or Lana Parilla.
                          Thankfully, OUAT is a not a one man/woman show, and all the characters contribute something different.

I think so far the only person who'd proved himself the best actor is Robert Carlyle (hope I got the name right), just like John Glover in SV.

Considering their history, I'm not surprised that Emma is not the happiest person around, just like with the magnitude of her curse, Regina always seems to be far too alert.
                          I think it's how the characters are written, not necessarily the actresses faults.

OUAT is a show that has a great story line and a great cast, and I think both these factors contribute in making this such an awesome show.
                          At least, that's my opinion .
                          Well, in Regina's defense...those in power fear others taking that power away from them. It's a common analogy when it comes to that topic. Regina has all the power here (aside from Mr. Gold now as well it seems like), and someone like Emma walks in, and immediately little things are already changing. She's giving people their happy endings...the one thing the curse that Regina enacted was preventing. If I was Regina, my alert senses would suddenly flow off the charts, and I'd try to be everywhere that this person was so that I could stop her from potentially trying to weaken even more of my power.

Not to mention, she also had Sydney follow Emma everywhere and spy on her for Regina. That way there was pretty much nowhere that she could be safe. Also, I'm pretty sure that she can feel when there's a potentially threatening thing about to happen, hence why she knew to show up at the crypt before Henry and Emma could find the secret passage.

I think Emma is a great character, and I just like the kind of person she is. I agree that Jennifer can be a bit...meh, sometimes with the character, and for all we know that's how the character could be written! But you have to remember...she's a VERY skeptical person with a bad history, and now she's living in Storybrooke with a son that found her, listening to his stories constantly and having to play the role of a believing, loving mother/friend (which, wouldn't it be a bit hard for anyone to do that at times?), AND having to deal with a person like Regina and Mr. Gold. I don't know, if I was Emma, my attitude throughout would be pretty much the same as the type that Jennifer exudes as the character. Someone a tad laid back and just watching things with both eyes open, and attempting to not really take TOO much in, because you really don't know what's going on at all.

I do wish she mourned a bit more for Graham though. I feel like that was just REALLY cut short.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎