Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mary Margaret and David's Kiss: Do you consider it "cheating"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Margaret and David's Kiss: Do you consider it "cheating"?

It bothers me a little, but at the same time, Mary Margaret and David are, technically, the REAL married couple and Kathryn is the false wife, so in that regard, I'm fine with it.

I wish David would just flat out leave Kathryn instead of sneaking around. Make a choice, Charming.

It kind of bothers me too, but I will give them a pass for now. When they fell in love, they didn't know David was married. They tried to stay away from each other and David went back to Kathryn when he got his fake memories. I think they keep crossing paths because the curse is weakening, thanks to Emma. That said, Charming definitely needs to make his choice.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      It bothers me a little, but at the same time, Mary Margaret and David are, technically, the REAL married couple and Kathryn is the false wife, so in that regard, I'm fine with it.

I wish David would just flat out leave Kathryn instead of sneaking around. Make a choice, Charming.
      I agree, it didn't feel like cheating to me. The kiss wasn't planned at all, it was uncontrollable and sweet. And as you said, Mary and him are the real couple.

What did bother me a little was the fact that David kept saying to Kathryn that he wanted to fix their marriage when the day before he was trying to kiss Mary in the forest. I think (or at least hope) his promises to Kathryn are directly linked with the curse and the false memories it gave him though.

Anyway, I hope like you that he'll make a choice soon! And I really hope he'll explain himself to Kathryn before Regina tells her what she saw.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMAGIRL
        It kind of bothers me too, but I will give them a pass for now.
        It'll definitely be interesting how they're portrayed in the next couple of episodes. I'll wait it out to see what happens.

I think they keep crossing paths because the curse is weakening, thanks to Emma. That said, Charming definitely needs to make his choice.
        In some ways, I kind of love that David and MM are choosing each other despite his marriage situation because it is definitely a rebellion against the curse. David never got the chance to choose anyone before he was trapped into a fake marriage. The fact that they are still able to fall in love with each other against all the odds shows a serious weakening in Regina's plan.

Originally posted by Costanza
        I think (or at least hope) his promises to Kathryn are directly linked with the curse and the false memories it gave him though.
        Yeah, I hope so, too. I think the curse makes them act in ways they wouldn't normally or make bad decisions, so I'm going with the idea that still trying with Kathryn despite his feelings for MM is part of that.

Comment

Technically, yes. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances that we can bat back and forth, but technically, yes because all concerned believe David is married.

Comment

I think, guys, all that "cheating" thing is annoying:
            - HE IS NOT MARRIED.
            - HE HAS FAKE MEMORIES
            - HIS REAL WIFE IS SNOW
            - HE IS FIGHTING WITH HIS FAKE vs REAL FEELINGS
            - THIS IS A TV SHOW, NOT REAL LIFE
            - HE IS CURSEDĄ
            - THEY ARE SNOW & CHARMING, come onĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄ Iconic coupleĄĄĄĄĄĄĄĄ
            - HE IS TRYING NOT TO SEE HER AT GRANNYS, but fate....
            - JUST A KISS, they are not making babies O_o

I canīt understand the fans.... (I'm not talking about this forum)

Comment

It doesn't bother me because he and kathryn are NOT married...what is happening in Storybrooke is FAKE and I feel deep inside he knows that. He is being led to "break" the curse by the reality of his feelings for snow/mm. Now will this kiss cause them (or one of them) to start remembering??????

Comment

I have always believed that something is wrong because of the intentions of the people involved. And yes, they are cheating because they don't know they are really married. Believe me when I say this, I want them back together and I do believe the curse is cruel to both of them, BUT what David is doing is wrong. Kathryn isn't a bad person in Storybroke. She is just some trying to make her marriage work, and she honestly told David that she either wanted things to be fixed or them go their own way, and he said he wanted to make things work just to go and kiss Mary Margareth.

Honestly, I do love both characters, I do, but there is no way that I can see what David is doing as the right thing to do. The right thing to do, when he knows that he is not in love with Kathryn is to tell her the truth and end this farse of a marriage. The truth is he is making them both suffer (Mary Margareth and Kathryn) and neither one of them deserves that.

I am not blaming Mary Margareth on this, because she is trying to do what it is right, and him telling her he loves her doesn't help. She should be strong, but I can find more atenuating circumstances on her side, than I can find in his.

The thing is, I do understand that they can't help themselves, because this is a fake world, and they are pulled towards each other to break the illusion. HOWEVER, with the reality of those feelings being there it is still wrong that David doesn't do what is right.
                Last edited by liana; 01-23-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

How can you cheat by kissing your real wife????

Comment

It kind of bothers me too, but I will give them a pass for now. When they fell in love, they didn't know David was married. They tried to stay away from each other and David went back to Kathryn when he got his fake memories. I think they keep crossing paths because the curse is weakening, thanks to Emma. That said, Charming definitely needs to make his choice.
                    I feel similar and will give them a pass for now. And agree that Emma is making the curse weaker and the more MM and David cross paths their real selves are bleeding through to the fake world. I can't wait until MM gets the backbone Snow has and goes after Regina. Just thinking about that moment makes me smile.

What did bother me a little was the fact that David kept saying to Kathryn that he wanted to fix their marriage when the day before he was trying to kiss Mary in the forest. I think (or at least hope) his promises to Kathryn are directly linked with the curse and the false memories it gave him though.

Anyway, I hope like you that he'll make a choice soon! And I really hope he'll explain himself to Kathryn before Regina tells her what she saw.

I believe like Charming, David was trying to do what he thought was the right thing to do with Kathryn but in the end his heart won over obligation. Since David's talk with Kathryn was before he saw MM at the diner, I will give him some slack. Because I believe If he had experienced first the flood of feelings he had when he saw MM and kissed her, he would have never said those things to Kathryn. And I hope that David ends things respectably with Kathryn before Regina turns it into something ugly. But then Regina wouldn't be Regina if she didn't try to make things ugly.

Originally posted by Raistlin
                    Technically, yes. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances that we can bat back and forth, but technically, yes because all concerned believe David is married.
                    I agree. As you said, everyone concerned believes David is married. If you were to ask Emma, she would agree that it was cheating. We the audience have the advantage of knowing the truth and can view what happened differently. So in Storybrooke it is cheating but in fairy tale world it is two lost loves finding each other. That is what makes this curse so heinous by letting two people who are really married believe they are not and by being together they are cheating on someone else.

Comment

Does David feel that he is cheating??? He wakes up from a coma..............then people tell him "this is your wife" He doesn't believe it........he has given it a try...........and it ain't workin'!!! Even the people that tell him Kathryn is his wife are strangers to him!!!

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

David woke up in "The Twillight Zone" and took the advise of total strangers. Now he is listening to his heart.
                      Last edited by jpfort1957; 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What boring topic all this cheating discussion.
                        I canīt understand your opinions, I canīt....
                        He is cursed and she (Kat) is not his wife. No more is necessary

Comment

Ah, what a subjective discussion

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                          I believe like Charming, David was trying to do what he thought was the right thing to do with Kathryn but in the end his heart won over obligation. Since David's talk with Kathryn was before he saw MM at the diner, I will give him some slack. Because I believe If he had experienced first the flood of feelings he had when he saw MM and kissed her, he would have never said those things to Kathryn.
                          The thing is though, he's been fully aware of his feeling towards Mary for a while now. So while I agree on the fact that he probably wouldn't have said those things to Kathryn if he had experienced first the flood of feelings he had before the kiss, I still think what he did (staying with Kathryn and then telling her he wants to fix their marriage) was kinda wrong.
                          I do give him some slack too though, because I don't know how the curse works exactly, what feelings his fake memories give him and if it somehow influences his decisions.

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                          I think the curse makes them act in ways they wouldn't normally or make bad decisions, so I'm going with the idea that still trying with Kathryn despite his feelings for MM is part of that.
                          I couldn't agree more!

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                          Does David feel that he is cheating??? He wakes up from a coma..............then people tell him "this is your wife" He doesn't believe it........he has given it a try...........and it ain't workin'!!! Even the people that tell him Kathryn is his wife are strangers to him!!!
                          I think he doesn't feel that he's cheating, because deep down he must know Mary is the "right" one. But that doesn't change the fact that in Storybrook he "remembers" and knows he's married to Kathryn; so even though I don't think he feels like it, I think any resident of SB (except Regina of course) would choose that word to describe what he's doing.

Comment

Well, I don't consider it as cheating. But technically he is cheating, he isn't honest to the person he is supposed to be in a relationship with. He goes around kissing and telling her how much he loves Snow.

Comment

Ah, what a subjective discussion

The thing is though, he's been fully aware of his feeling towards Mary for a while now. So while I agree on the fact that he probably wouldn't have said those things to Kathryn if he had experienced first the flood of feelings he had before the kiss, I still think what he did (staying with Kathryn and then telling her he wants to fix their marriage) was kinda wrong.
                              I do give him some slack too though, because I don't know how the curse works exactly, what feelings his fake memories give him and if it somehow influences his decisions.
                              I think at first both were fighting their feelings for each other because they felt it was wrong to act on them because he was married. It is one thing to have feelings for someone and another to act on them. Now that they have acted on them, I will be bothered if David does not break up with Kathryn and even more so if he makes her think he wants to make the marriage work while hooking up with MM. I understand the curse is doing a mind whammy on these people but still hope they don't go that route with these characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎