Alcatraz Theories & Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcatraz Theories & Speculation

Any theories or speculation yet?

I have no clue. All we know if that they went from 1963 to 2011-2012. No clue if we have seen clues on how that happened but we do know that lady cops grandfather must be a part of the time travel. Maybe Howsers partner who got shot is in on it since she seems like the only "good" guy we have seen travel too.

Makes me wonder how come only the crimminals travelled? did any of the guards or workers other then that lady go thru time? Why wouldn't they step forward if they did? Maybe those guards at the new Alcatraz in the woods were some of them.

I hope they dont do it since its too much like LOST but what if Alcatraz was built on some sort of energy thing like the LOST island and some sort of power surge caused them to get thrown thru time? Its a good idea but if its the way it happened its just recycling the LOST plotline which will be good for people who never watched LOST but the rest of us would feel that it was a cop out.

Comment

If its not time travel the other possibility could be suspended animation. So far we know there is another level of Alcatraz. This is where they experimented on the inmates (my own theory). But I guess it took them 3 years to perfect the freezing process. That's why they go back to 1960 but it was 1963 that they disappeared. This would also explain their agelessness.

So they froze the inmates sort of like Demolition Man. The ones that took the inmates also had the technology to program them with instructions on killing specific targets though the inmates still had their own agendas too.

So now when the time is right the inmate needed for the task at hand is awaken and used for their specific skills and when their task is done they are released to the world. And unfortunately that means most will continue from where they left off in their old lives.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-17-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Never thought of the suspended animation thing but thats a good theory. I think if it is that it would have to be different then just freezing them. Wouldn't they know they were frozen when they woke up? They would be cold and wet. Of course they could be "frozen" in the non ice cube sense where they were just stuck in some machine that "froze" them so they didnt age.

That might work better then time travel cause like i said JJ already did that with LOST so it might come off recycled.

Comment

Yeah that's what I meant, not literally freezing the inmates. Maybe they're in pods of some sort and whoever is behind their disappearance/reappearance can unfreeze them.
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            Any theories or speculation yet?
            havent really figured either of these out completely but here are mine so far,

1.they are clones of themselves. the dr was taking his blood to save or create his clone. im sure he got the blood of all the guards too somehow by either faking needing the guards to get a vaccine or claim that someone on the island had a disease and the dr needed to test blood.

2.the ones that are coming back are from a different world. like a worm hole a rip in time, parallel universe, and when a certain prisoner or guard is in one area of the prison they get transported to 2012.

i did not watch lost but from what i picked up reading about it on various sites the 2nd idea looks like a remake of lost only with a prison?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Yeah that's what I meant, not literally freezing the inmates. Maybe they're in pods of some sort and whoever is behind their disappearance/reappearance can unfreeze them.
              Ya so more like Kara was frozen on Smallville and didnt notice the time difference. That must have taken a lot of effort to do 6that to all 300+ inmates. Maybe they gassed the prision to do it. There must have been a good amount of people in on it tho. Maybe when Howser and that other guard came into the prision saying the inmates were gone and to call whoever they knew (or atleast the other guard knew) not say alert them of missing inmates but to let them know the inmates are gone and the plan is in place.

Im wondering tho is it will be like Forever Young where eventually Mel Gibsons character started to age rapidly. Im guessing not tho if they plan the series to last a while.

Comment

Cloning seems to be the best option but what really questions me is when the main caracthers grand father mentions that something is about to happen!

Comment

Good theories so far. Here's a few more:

1) Alcatraz was built over an ancient indian burial ground. If Poltergeist, or Pet Sematary, have taught us anything, it's that you really shouldn't do that. Long story short, they're all coming back one by one, from the dead -- and they're pretty pissed about it. "When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth."

2) Speaking of Hell, that brings us to theory#2. The prisoners went to Hell and back, literally. The scientists/doctors were like the doctors from Flatliners, trying to find out what lies beyond death. Needless to say, they're not liking what they're finding out.

3) Alcatraz Island is an alien spaceship. Yes my long running theory for Lost has finally found a new home. Thanks, Alcatraz.

4) Alcatraz Island is sort of like the Bermuda Triangle. Time and space do funny things there.

5) Aliens abducted them all (naturally). The abductees were all violently gang-probed for years on end, and now they're back and deeply ashamed/traumatized by the whole experience. This is why no one's talking. They all made a sacred pact with one another, that no one must ever know. The only relief they can find is by murdering a bunch of innocent people.

6) It's the invasion of the body snatchers, except, with prisons. Aliens are taking over.

7) They're all stuck in a time loop of sorts. They have locked in their minds specific aspects of their pasts, their crimes/what they used to do before they were imprisoned, and they're playing/replaying the events and don't have a choice about it. This is a result of the "shock" to their systems resulting from time travel/jumping forward in time. To compensate or move past this mental shock/trauma, their minds develop these reversions or looping of past behaviors. It is an unintended side effect of a time travel experiment.

8) And finally, a combination theory: They're clones from a parallel universe who have been buried in suspended animation underneath an ancient indian burial ground and who have been teleported to the future by a race of gang-probing aliens trying to isolate the human soul in order to discover the meaning of life and to find out whether there's more to life than gang-probing the hell out of humans.

Here's one more:

9) This is all connected to Dr. Diego "Doc" Soto, aka Hurley. Somehow Hurley is causing this all to happen (or caused it to happen). He was obsessed with Alcatraz, he's into comic books (superheroes, etc), and something weird happened to him when he was a kid (he was abducted but we haven't yet found out more details). Somehow his wishes or innermost needs are being met by what's happening. He has a need for superheroes to be real, or to be a hero, etc, and someone or something is responding to these needs (the magical Light from Lost no doubt, now taking residence in Alcatraz island). Hurley is clearly central to everything. Yes, the secret to Alcatraz is that it's just Lost all over again.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 01-25-2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Good theories everyone and Xanderman....WOW! You gave this A lot of thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
                      Good theories everyone and Xanderman....WOW! You gave this A lot of thought!
                      I know right, my brain still hurts. haha j/k but seriously thanks and I have a feeling that Theory #9 will probably end up being closest to the truth, don't you...that everything is Hurley's fault. Just blame Hurley. Here's my prediction for the final scene of the series:

Hurley: Dude. I can't believe *I* was the cause of all this.
                      Hauser: Don't you see, Hurley. You saved the cheerleader, so we could save Alcatraz.
                      Hurley: Cooool.....no wait wasn't that Heroes?
                      Hauser: Sorry, what I meant to say was that you and all those child murderers and rapists created Alcatraz together....so you could find one another....nobody does it all alone, Hurley. You needed them, and they needed you.
                      Hurley: Dude that was Lost.

Comment

We learned two things after episode 4:

1) we're most likely dealing with time travel (based on Hauser's "jump" comment, as in time jump or jumping forward in time) (that said, I can't recall the exact line or context. He may have just been referring to the jump in years between their disappearance and reappearance or since they were last seen, as opposed to an actual physical "jump" in time. So might be too soon to conclude time travel. If he was indeed referring to actual time travel, it would mean Hauser knows far more about what's going on than he has chosen to share with Hurley and Olivia Junior.)

2) there was likely some sort of programming/brainwashing of the inmates (as based on the doctor's research). And at any moment any of the prisoners could have total recall...

Melina: Hauser? You're Hauser.
                        Quaid: Not anymore. Now I'm Quaid. Douglas Quaid. Get your ass to Mars. Get your ass to Mars. Get your ass to Mars.

Hauser: Howdy, stranger! This is Hauser. If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head. Now, whatever your name is, get ready for the big surprise. You are not you. You're me.

^^ahh, memories... Somehow I don't think the character name "Hauser" and the brainwashing theme on Alcatraz is just a coincidence.

Anyway, so for some reason the 63's were programmed with missions/tasks to carry out in the future. While they're out and about doing crime, they're also accomplishing some mission, even though they don't seem to necessarily be consciously aware they're doing it or why.
                        Last edited by Xanderman; 01-31-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Guy Hastings provided us 2 clues:

1) he encountered some sort of "fog" and
                          2) the stars in the night sky disappeared

And then he found himself in the future. The fog stuff reminds me of the movie The Mist, which was about experiments connected with finding other dimensions. The fog could also just be a gas that was released to knock everyone out of course, but seeing as he also added the stars disappeared, it's more likely that the fog has a more direct connection to the experiment or to whatever caused them to travel forward in time (if it's time travel). The stars disappearing might mean they were temporarily in some sort of "in between" place, outside of space/time, or like maybe in some sort of wormhole or something like that. Or perhaps something like the "portal terminals" in Earth Final Conflict, alien technology which allowed people to travel through "interdimensional space" to move from one location to another in moments, even halfway across the world (or beyond).

Comment

Good theories Xanderman ...

What if alcatraz series eventually connect to Terra Nova

(Time travel, both on monday nights)

LOL Just kiddin'

Comment

My thought at the beginning of the show was that prisoners were put into suspended animation as a way for them to serve their sentences without the expenses of eating or being guarded. However, someone with a different plan in mind corrupted the experiment, and now the prisoners are waking up with some kind of mission. I also thought that maybe something went wrong, and more than the prisoners got caught in the experiment.

Now my question has become - do TPTB actually know the answers, or are they just winging it? I seem to recall reading that TPTB for Lost did not have all answers until the end of the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎