No announcement yet.

Healing Wounds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

come on lou. you've given us the teaser and now we want it all.
      please post the 1st chap.

Comment

Hey guys Thanks so much for the interest in this story so far, I'm happy to tell you that it will be updated very soon since I'm now working on the first chapter.

Oh and to answer your questions about the timeframe of this fic, the past will be sort of set during Clark's time in Metropolis in S3, but with one tiny change to his age that's all. The events that led him there will still be pretty much the same but after that its pretty much all AU from there.

Comment

S3? Interesting.

Comment

Lou where are u with that chap?

Comment

Nothing yet? Okay, tell ya what, I'll come back when you've completed this. No pressure from me, none whatsoever.

Take Care

Comment

Interesting story so far. I can't wait to see how this story unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggers
                  Nothing yet? Okay, tell ya what, I'll come back when you've completed this. No pressure from me, none whatsoever.

Take Care

I'm sorry that I've taken sooo long but I've been dealing with some unforseen...personal issues that hasn't left me much time for writing. But I've been working hard the last couple of days so the update will be coming sometime this evening, but if not then DEFINITELY tomorrow
                  Last edited by Loulou26; 02-05-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

This evening? yay I can't wait!

Comment

Chapter One

The Past

She was his passion. The first time he laid eyes on her, he knew it.

“Yo Kal!” Steve, the bartender slapped his hand down on the bar to get his attention. “You okay man?”

He nodded reluctantly, wrenching his eyes from the shapely figure standing on the edge of the dance floor. Hard to do. She was standing there, holding a drink in both hands while her lips curved around the straw, her eyes roaming the room as she swayed her hips to the beat of the music.

Steve followed his gaze and smiled. “You want a drink or are you just here to browse?”

Kal’s gaze shot to his, and then he grinned. “Sure, give me the usual.”

Then his eyes were immediately drawn back to the blonde on the dance floor. Her jeans clung to her, revealing her well-toned thighs and perfect hips, her vest top rode just above her jeans, allowing him a view every once in a while of creamy soft skin. But it was the way she moved that caught his eye the most. Confident, so sure. And having way too much fun to let anyone stop her. His kind of girl.

“What happened to Talia?” Steve asked even though he already knew.

“It didn’t work out.” Kal said absently, still watching. As he took a sip of his drink, he felt his mood shift when a man appeared, dancing up to her, luring her onto the dance floor with him. Whoever it was, he hated him already.

She smiled politely, but shook her head and Kal smiled. But the guy, it would seem, didn’t want to take no for an answer. He started pulling on her hand, and Kal could hear his voice above the music.

“Come on sweetie, just one dance. Just one.”

“I said no.” her voice was strong, defiant.

“I saw the way you were looking at me, you can’t tell me you don’t want a piece of this.” Then he leaned in close to her face. “If you play your cards right, I’ll make you breakfast in the morning.”

Kal was already on the move, before he even knew his feet were moving, and he saw her shove him away with a force that surprised him.

“The only thing you’ll be making in the morning is soup to drink through your broken jaw if you don’t get your hands off me!”

The guy laughed, until he saw Kal appear behind her, she wasn’t even aware he was there but the guy stared at him, sized him up and then quickly retreated. She chuckled and turned around, her body slamming straight into his. His hands shot out to grab her shoulders to steady her as she toppled.

“Uh, thanks.” She said. Her voice was soft, even though she’d shouted to be heard over the music, he’d never heard anything quite so…beautiful.

“You’re welcome. Are you okay?”

Her eyes clashed with his and he felt something pass between them, like a current that was so strong it was almost visible. Surely she’d felt it too. But there was no sign of recognition in her features.

She stared at him for a second and then shook her head. “Oh that guy? Yeah he’s a jerk, but I’m good.”

He let her go and stood back a few inches. “Good.” He glanced around. “Are you here with anyone?”

“Nope, I’m here by myself.”

“On a Friday night?”

She rolled her eyes and even that was sexy as hell, he thought. “What, you were expecting an entourage or something? I can have fun by myself you know.”

“Oh I can see that.” He replied, appreciation in his tone. “Can I buy you a drink?”

She squinted at him. “That depends, do you have a name?”

“Do you?”

“I asked first.”

He chuckled. “Yes but…ladies first.”

Her eyes sparkled as she smiled. Then just as she was about to answer, the music changed and her face lit up. “Oh! I love this song!” She turned away and headed back out towards the throngs of dancing people, but half way there she looked back and tilted her head. “You coming sailor?”

Kal grinned and made his way over. He was not normally one for dancing, instead preferring to linger on the side-lines. But something about this woman was calling to him, making him want to do whatever she asked. It was a nice change considering how he’d been living his life for the past month.

There’d been too much darkness, too much self-loathing. Even though he’d tried hard to put it all behind him and escape it all, some of it was still there. He wasn’t sure how, but in the space of ten minutes, she’d managed to make him forget most, if not all of that.

It wasn’t long before she was in his arms, swaying her hips, her gorgeous blonde hair catching in the lights and shimmering. He wondered what it would be like to feel all that hair draped over him, to feel the silky strands slip through his fingers. He felt the beat of the music thrumming through his body, making him feel…alive and he found himself watching her more than concentrating on dancing. But all too soon it was ending and he didn’t want it to.

“So…” she said, a little breathlessly as they walked off the dance floor. “Care to buy me that drink now?”

He kept an arm wrapped around her waist, something she didn’t seem to object to. “Sure, care to tell me your name?”

She simply shrugged and grinned wickedly. “All in good time, come on, I’m parched.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Standing at the bar, Kal watched with amusement as the mysterious woman before him downed another shot.

“Woo!” she screamed as she slammed the glass down on the bar. “That hits the spot.”

“Maybe you should take it easy,” Steve said, slightly concerned.

She turned to him, and levelled him with a straight stare. “I am enjoying myself for the first time in two years; I’ve had enough of people trying to control me. This is my night and I am going to have fun.” She said, grinning at Kal, but aiming her words at the bartender.

“Who could ever control you?” Kal asked, genuinely intrigued.

She shrugged, nonchalantly but he could see something lying just under the surface. Something he found himself wanting to know.

“It doesn’t matter. So what’s your story huh?”

“My story?”

“Yeah, come on…spill.”

Kal frowned. “I don’t have a story.”

She narrowed her eyes at him for a second and then shrugged again. “Fair enough.

~~~~~~~~~~

The evening passed by fairly quickly and Kal couldn’t remember a time when he’d felt this…free. She had done most of the talking, since they’d found a quiet area of the club to sit down in and he’d been content to let her do so.

“So tell me, why is it that a guy like you is alone on a Friday night?” she asked, sipping through her straw, drawing his eyes to those lips, always back to those full lips that he just wanted to kiss.

“A guy like me? What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I just mean that I would’ve thought you’d already have a girl on each arm or something.”

“I don’t need any company.” He said truthfully.

“Yet you’ve spent most of the night with me. Interesting.”

“Well how about this…” he said, an idea striking him. If he was going to learn anything about this intriguing woman, and he wanted to so badly, then he was going to have play dirty.

“I will tell you anything you want to know, but you have to do the same. Total honesty. Deal?”

She thought about that for a minute, and then grinned. “Deal.” She leaned forward in her seat, putting her lips close to his ear. “Do you want to get out of here first though? It’s a little…crowded.”

Pulling back he stared into her eyes. They were hazel coloured and practically gleaming mischievously. “My place or yours?”

Her brows rose in surprise but her smile didn’t falter. “Are you propositioning me?”

“Not at all, we’re only going to talk.” He reminded her.

“Okay then. Let’s go.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Wow. Nice place.”

Kal watched her as she walked around his apartment, it was okay, but it wasn’t…home. He shook his head, twisting the ring around on his finger. He wouldn’t think of that. This was his new home now.

“You want something to drink?” he offered, shrugging out of his jacket as she took a seat next to the tall, floor to ceiling windows that gave an amazing view of the city.

“Sure, whatever you’ve got.”

He took a couple of bottles of beer out of the fridge and handed one to her before sitting down on the chair next to her.

“So…” he started unsure of what exactly he wanted to know. He looked away, resisting the urge to just pull her onto his lap and kiss her. He’d never felt such a pull to anyone before. Why was he so attracted to her? “What did you mean earlier about being controlled?”

Her face fell but she didn’t look away. “Oh nothing, I was just…”

“Come on, remember our deal?”

She sighed but smiled and placed her beer on the coffee table in front of her. “My father. He’s a general in the military and he has decided that my career lies along the same path as his.”

“I see.” He knew all too well what pushy fathers could be like. It made him a little angry to think that she was being forced into a career she didn’t want.

She scoffed. “Well I guess it’s the price I pay for being born a girl. I know he loves me, I do, but I think he’s always secretly regretted that he didn’t have a son.”

“What about your mom?”

“She uh…she died when I was six. My dad did the best he could but he had two small girls that he didn’t know how to deal with. I guess it hardened him a little.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

She shrugged and smiled, but Kal knew it was fake. “Don’t be, it was a long time ago. Anyway, tonight we had a huge argument, I told him that I didn’t want to follow in his footsteps and that I wanted to…” she trailed off.

“Wanted to what?” he asked, wanting to know as much as he could about this woman. She fascinated him.

“I told him that I wanted to pursue a career in journalism, and uh…he laughed. Told me not to be stupid and that the army was a safer career choice. I’m not quite sure how it’s safer but…well I ended up storming out and going to the club to blow off some steam. And you know the rest.”

“Does he know where you are?”

“No, and I’d like to keep it that way.”

“So where are you staying?”

She glanced at him and then sighed as if realising something. “Crap. Well I guess I can sleep in my car…”

He shook his head, no way was she doing that. The city wasn’t safe enough. “No, you can stay here, with me.”

“Really? But I…don’t really know you.”

Kal reached out and placed his hand over hers. “Maybe, but that doesn’t change the fact that something is clearly going on here.”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t feel it? It’s like…I’m drawn to you, I want to know everything about you and yet I still don’t even know your name.”

She chuckled. “It’s Lois. Lois Lane.”

“I’m Cla…Kal.”

“Are you sure it’s okay that I stay here? Do you live alone?”

Kal glanced around the apartment, bought and paid for in full by money that he’d stolen from some ATMs. “It’s my place, so yes I’m sure it’s okay.”

He turned back to see her watching him curiously. He wondered what it was that she was seeing. Her eyes were sharp, focused, yet underneath it all, he could see an underlying vulnerability that made him want to protect her from anything that might harm her. Which was crazy, he’d only just met her. And from the time he’d spent with her tonight, he knew that she could take care of herself. Though hearing how she’d been raised explained a lot of that.

“So what’s the real deal here Kal?” she asked after a few moments, breaking into his thoughts.

“Real deal?”

“Yeah, there’s something different about you and I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. And a deal is a deal remember? I don’t tell just anyone the details of my family life, so come on…spill it.”

“Well, what would you like to know?”

“For starters, how come an eighteen year old guy has an amazing apartment like this? Parents rich or something?”

“No. It’s complicated.”

She gasped, mockingly. “Have you run away from home?” When he didn’t respond, or even smile, she knew she’d hit a nerve. “Oh, that’s it isn’t it? Well I can't really blame you, I seem to have done the same thing.”

“Like I said, it’s complicated.” He picked his beer up and took a massive swallow.

“Well try me, I’m not as dumb as I may look.”

His eyes caught hers, and again he felt that sizzle, that electricity passing between them. “You look amazing.” He whispered and had the satisfaction of seeing her cheeks flush a little. Something that, he thought, didn’t happen very often. Before he knew what he was even doing, or could stop himself, he’d leaned forward and captured those lips that had been teasing him all evening.

Lois didn’t pull away as he’d expected her to. In fact, she deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. He felt her heart beating wildly as she pressed her chest against his, or was it his own heart that was racing?

Slowly she pulled back, biting her bottom lip as she opened her eyes and looked at him. “Sorry, I don’t normally…do that.”

“Me neither. But I liked it.”

She smiled. “I did too. But you were about to tell me something and you can’t very well do that with your lips attached to mine, now can you?”

Damn, he’d forgotten about that deal. But it didn’t matter, as he looked into her eyes, something told him that she would understand. She wouldn’t judge. He didn’t know how he knew this of course, he just knew.

And strangely, he found himself wanting to tell her, wanting her to know him as much as he wanted to know her. For the first time in his life, he wasn’t afraid to reveal himself to someone, scared that they would reject him. That was his old life. This one was his to live the way he saw fit and right now, he wanted her.

“Okay well…I don’t quite know where to start.”

“How about at the beginning, I’ve heard that’s a good place.” She teased.

He rolled his eyes and smiled. “Fine, but trust me Lois, you’re not going to believe most of what I’m about to tell you.”

“What could you possibly say that would…?”

“I’m not human.” He blurted.

She threw her head back and laughed, but when she looked at the serious expression on his face, she knew he wasn’t joking. “Oh. You’re serious.”

“Deadly.” He replied flatly.

“Well uh…I guess…you might want to start again.”

To Be Continued...

Comment

OMG Laura! I totally love it!! I love this version of Kal at the bar so much better..meeting Lois! Woot.. ugh fab!..I so badly was up for some serious sexy time but really it was better it went to convo's lol. But yeah..me in Clois gv..strange right? and i love how u do UST.. anyway.. I love the Clois interaction, its awesome!.. PPMS!!

Comment

Awesome can't wait for more

Comment

Is this for real???? first time they met and he's spilling his gut to Lois, this is amazing
                            Well I like the fact that he's confiding on her, and she's doing the same.......

Update soon please

Comment

awesome chapter.cant wait to read more

Comment

wow things are happening pretty fast and i'm loving it!
                                loved how they met (stories where they meet during his rebel phase are one of my favs) and how they bonded. NOt to mention the UST!!! Amazing.
                                Can't wait for the rest

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎