Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Wounds

Healing Wounds

Title: Healing Wounds
    Author: Loulou26 (Laura)
    Rating: PG-13
    Timeframe: Well, it's an AU but some things are similar to the show.

Summary: When a new crime wave hits Metropolis, Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane decides to investigate. But it isn't long before she lands herself in trouble. When Clark Kent learns of this, he returns to protect her, but at what cost? And can he forgive her for the past? Old wounds, as Lois and Clark soon find out, take a long time to heal.

Author's Note: Okay I know I said I was going to wait to post this but it just flowed out of me and honestly I was eager to post and share it with you guys. I really hope you enjoy this fic because I think it's gonna be a blast

Prologue

“This is her.” He slid the photograph across the desk, waiting for the older man to look at it.

Tiredly, his boss sighed and studied it for a second. “And who exactly is this?”

The subject smiled, her pretty face beaming in conversation with the dark haired man standing next to her. She was brushing her long, wavy, brown hair out of the way. But even though she was smiling, he could see a shadow in her eyes, something that lurked deep under the surface. Attractive, he thought to himself, placing the photograph back down.

“She’s a reporter for the Daily Planet.” The younger man said, taking a seat in front of the desk just as his words caused the other man’s eyes to sharpen then narrow.

“I see. And how close is she?”

He raked a hand through his short, black hair. “Close enough. We gotta take care of this boss. We can’t risk anyone knowing about this. The police are already watching.”

To that, the man neatly tucked a strand of silvery hair behind his ear and scoffed. “They’ve got nothing on us and they know it. Besides, I now have the Mayor’s full support.”

“Are you sure about that…?”

He jumped as his boss brought his fist down hard on the desk, a loud crack resonating through the spacious room that served as his office. “Do not question me Bruno!” he yelled.

“I’m sorry Morgan.” Bruno Mannheim, Morgan’s second in command, held his hands up. “I didn’t mean to. But how are you going to deal with this?”

Morgan Edge sat back in his luxury leather chair, elbows resting on the arms and pressing his fingertips together. “I’m not.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me.”

“But…you can’t just ignore it. She could blow everything we’ve been working for.” Bruno said, aware that the conniving look Morgan’s face had just taken on, was a very vast and almost scary difference from the angry look he’d had moments ago. This was one man you did not want on your enemy list.

“Who said anything about ignoring it?” he questioned, his patience seemingly under check now. “No, I simply said that I will not be dealing with the situation that you seem to have found yourself in.”

“Me? Hang on a second, I thought we were all in this…”

“Did you? Well in that case, I suggest that you take care of…” He picked the photograph up and threw it back at Bruno, sending it spinning through the air, and hitting him on the forehead. “This.”

“You want me to…?”

Morgan shook his head. “No, killing her is too dangerous for us right now. But I’m sure you can think of something.”

Bruno looked at his boss, confused. If he didn’t want the reporter dead, what was he suggesting?

“I think you and I both know you can be a little more creative than that. And I do love it when you plot someone’s downfall.”

“Okay, I’ll think of something but…”

“But nothing. In the meantime we will go ahead as scheduled. Nothing needs to change, this woman isn’t close enough to warrant drastic action. So take care of it. I’m trusting you with this Bruno.”

Bruno stood as Morgan did, very well aware that his last sentence was more of a warning than a compliment.

“Yes sir.”

After Bruno left, Morgan walked around his desk and picked up the discarded photo. Yes, she certainly was attractive, he thought again. But Lois Lane had gotten in way over her head.

And now, he thought with a grin, she would have to be silenced.

To Be Continued...

Chapter Index:

Chapter One
    Chapter Two
    Last edited by Loulou26; 02-28-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Okayyy........... now what was that???
    What happened between Lois and Clark? what the heck is Lois investigating now? what does Morgan have shove up is...????
    Yeah too many question, that's why you need to update ASAP honey

Returns, huh? Can't wait to see what happens next.

Oh Laura..I knew id love it but that..that was more then I thought it was gonna be, awesome! Can't wait for more.

and def curious as to this old would between Clois

Love your Morgon and Bruno!

Next Episode: Comfort KatherineKent's Avatar
    Ok. A new one. I'm ready for more already.

Im hooked now. Looks interesting. Please more.

Incurable Postaholic bigvillir001's Avatar
    Looks interesting more plz

Oooh, does this take place after Lois breaks off the engagement in S 10? I love stories with that premise... so many possibilities and so much ansgst. If not, I'm sure I'll still love this...

I can't wait to see where this goes.

Firstly, it's wonderful to see a writer excited about their story. Tells me there's a lot of good positive energy going into it and that's always a plus

And...

*reads description*
    Something's missing. Lol!

*reads summary* As a LL fan first, it hurts my heart to see Lois being written in the wrong but if you can justify it and handle it with care, I'll have no problem with it.

*reads prologue* Wow! Your baddies are looking alive and well, nefarious, lol! They came out quite vividly in my head. Lois is in a lot of danger and I can't wait to see how things unfold. That said, bring on chapter one.

Summer (Chlark Vader). hughie87's Avatar
    Ummmmmmmmm. . . .

EEK!!!!

Love that you are using Morgan Edge. I liked him. Very evil. And it is nice to see more villains being used than just Lex and Lionel. Very creative!! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for our fiesty Daily Planet report and her dashing hero!!

Great job, hon!!!

And. . . Just what exactly did Lois see???

Good start, but what happend between Lois and Clark. Is it beacause of the ending in 10x20, or is it beacause of something else.

(sorry, I can't make a questionmark)

you know Laura, i do love when you keep your promises specially in advance
    curious about what's Lois investigating and even more curious to know what happened between her and Clark.
    Need to tell you that i can't wait for your next update?

avi by lieslchen lovinredkclark's Avatar
    well that certainly has me intrigued. very interesting start.
    I can't wait for the back story. I'm curious to see what happened and why Clark can't forgive her.
    well done Lou. love and want more.

*subscribed*

I'm hooked. More plz

It started???? And you didn't warn me? Shame on you!

Very interesting already, I can't wait to get to the Clois parts! I'm excited for this story, I can't wait for more Lou. I know you won't disappoint.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast