Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

#7.23 "Survival of the Fittest"

"Singer tells us that there is a cliffhanger ending planned for this season, whether or not The CW gives the show an early pickup for Season 8. "We like to be optimistic about the pickup," he says, "So we're going to write another cliffhanger ending, I think, and then just see what happens."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...urrection.html

Someone should actually re-title this to "#7.23". We now have a solid answer of what the season finale will hold(a cliffhanger), so I think it's safe to make this thread specifically for the season finale.

I think it's certain that it will get renewed. It's like the second or third highest rated show, plus it makes a lot of money off DVD sales and other sources.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Yeah if anything I think the show will get a renewal. Mark Pedowitz, new CW President, loves the show and the two Js have already reportedly signed contracts for one more season at least according to imdb.com msg boards about a month ago. 8 may be the end and of course, the creator has said he wants to do a movie sooner or later according to Supernatural Magazine.

Never say never though. I remember the cast saying they'd love to go 10 seasons like SV did. Plus, didn't Jensen and Jared both turn down roles in movies like GI Joe and Resident Evil because they wanted to see the show continue? That's loyalty if I ever saw it!
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    Yeah if anything I think the show will get a renewal. Mark Pedowitz, new CW President, loves the show and the two Js have already reportedly signed contracts for one more season at least according to imdb.com msg boards about a month ago. 8 may be the end and of course, the creator has said he wants to do a movie sooner or later according to Supernatural Magazine.
    Kripke said about a movie? tell me what number of Supernatural Magazine he says that.

Yah...when did Kripke actually mention a movie for real?

I would be very shocked if the show didn't get picked up for an eight season, I just hope that a final season announcement comes along with it.

This show will get picked up for an eighth season its a good show, the main theme of the show is about family and what one would do for family thats the reason its strong and thats the reason why I like it so much. Smallville was a strong show because it was a story about clark kent had it been about superman it would not have lasted as long. Both shows had a strong base story line. If season 8 has a good year then who knows maybe we will see a season 9.

Smallville didn't have a good base storyline, lol.

Clark Kent grew up and then SLOWLY dragged his feet after high school into actually becoming a superhero and it had nothing to do with Jor-El keeping that destiny away from him. The show could've ended at season six or seven.

Again, the same can really be said for Supernatural, which could've ended at five, but at least Supernatural brought in the idea of Purgatory and the Leviathans which ties itself with God and what not that Supernatural was about during seasons four and five.

Supernatural, the eighth and final season is what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
    Smallville didn't have a good base storyline, lol.

Clark Kent grew up and then SLOWLY dragged his feet after high school into actually becoming a superhero and it had nothing to do with Jor-El keeping that destiny away from him. The show could've ended at season six or seven.

Again, the same can really be said for Supernatural, which could've ended at five, but at least Supernatural brought in the idea of Purgatory and the Leviathans which ties itself with God and what not that Supernatural was about during seasons four and five.

Supernatural, the eighth and final season is what we need.
    LOL!!! Technically smallville did have good base story as in the fact that the show was about Clark Kent. Had it been a superman show as in clark changing into superman then yes it would not have lasted 10 years. Supernatural will go into an eighth season. Because the show is so good I would think that if season 8 has a good storyline then it can go on for another year. I am hoping that this show too can get to 10 seasons.

As I said, Smallville should've ended four-five years before it actually did, and if we all keep saying Supernatural should go to ten seasons, then it will lose its quality factor as Smallville even did. Season six showed a Clark Kent that didn't try to hurry up in reaching his destiny even though it seemed like he told Martha he would after he rounds up the prisoners of the Phantom Zone, and then he took two steps back with Kara and then three more steps back when he put on the black "costume". The writers were giving Clark more excuses instead of manning him up, which finally happened suddenly in season ten; I'd rather us see a progression instead of progress, decline, decline, then progress again.

And with Supernatural, I see only one more season with the Leviathans and that's it. We've gone through Hell, Heaven and now Purgatory and I can't really see much more without the show losing quality.

And as I've always said, quality > quantity. That's where shows lost its focus; blame it on the writers or the CW themselves, but I feel that shows try too much. We've seen this with the X-Files, Buffy, Roswell, Smallville and One Tree Hill to just name a few.

Smallville should have ended in the pilot. I saw the 10 seasons... what a waste of time!

all I can say is season 8 needs to end the show. I love this show, but the last couple years its gotten to be one of the shows I watch last off my dvr. Use to I had to be home to see it. Don't get me wrong its still good show but it doesn't pill me in like it did. But the cliffhangers have never let me down so I will be looking forward to it. One thing I can say is the cliffhanger always makes you want more.

"The Slice Girls" had 0.7/1.63, so I think season eight is a done deal, but hopefully it is the last season.

title for this episode

"Get Dick"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast