Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well atleast for now none of the DC shows have to compete against each other.

Supergirl competes against Lucifer next season but Lucifer is Vertigo and has a different target audience.

Gotham is now on Thursday at 8:00 so Arrow doesn't have to compete since it's at 9:00.

I think the only night I'm guaranteed to watch next season is Tuesday. I might watch Thursday if I like season 5 of Arrow when I watch it on Netflix.

I gave up on Supergirl this season.

Comment

• Flash: 0.9
      SPN: 0.6
      SPN: 0.6
      Supergirl: 0.5
      Arrow: 0.5
      iZombie: 0.3
      The 100: 0.3
      Jane: 0.2
      TO: 0.2
      Reign: 0.2

Comment

• Final week of ratings for the season

Flash: 1.1
        Supergirl: 0.6
        Arrow: 0.6
        Jane: 0.3
        iZombie: 0.3
        The 100: 0.3

Comment

• Thom Sherman, CW's executive VP and head of development has been promoted to a position at CBS. He's been with CW since 2006. Hopefully now, we'll get a new face in development that will bring fresh ideas to the CW.

Comment

• Everwood episodes now added to CW Seed app. Not a bad choice. It was originally slated to move to CW instead of 7th Heaven which had its series finale. If i remember correctly there was even a page for it where it said season 5 coming this fall but then Demon O killed it and said 7th Heaven and the show Runaways would do better. Well Runaways lasted three eps while 7th Heaven limped through another "final" season. Everwood had more gas in the tank and easily could've gone another season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              Everwood episodes now added to CW Seed app. Not a bad choice. It was originally slated to move to CW instead of 7th Heaven which had its series finale. If i remember correctly there was even a page for it where it said season 5 coming this fall but then Demon O killed it and said 7th Heaven and the show Runaways would do better. Well Runaways lasted three eps while 7th Heaven limped through another "final" season. Everwood had more gas in the tank and easily could've gone another season.
              CW Seed is also advertising that they have the full series of Blade the Series and Max Headroom.

I didn't expect to see Blade the Series because it was based on a Marvel Comics property but it is produced by New-Line Television and distributed by Warner Bros.

I didn't know Geoff Johns was the co-creator of that show; he is now producer on all the DC TV series and movies starting with Justice League.

Comment

• The CW released their fall season premiere/series premiere schedule for the week of October 9th, 2017:

MONDAY, OCTOBER 9
                8 pm Supergirl (Season 3 premiere)
                9 pm VALOR (Series premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10
                8 pm The Flash (Season 4 premiere)
                9 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3 premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11
                8 pm Riverdale (Season 2 premiere)
                9 pm DYNASTY (Series premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12
                8 pm Supernatural (Season 13 premiere)
                9 pm Arrow (Season 6 premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13
                8 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Season 3 premiere)
                9 pm Jane the Virgin (Season 4 premiere)

Comment

• Passed-on CW pilot Insatiable has been picked up to series by Netflix.

EXCLUSIVE: Insatiable, the darkly comedic hourlong pilot starring Debby Ryan and Dallas Roberts, which narrowly missed a pickup at the CW, is getting a 13-episode series order — at Netflix. I hear the Internet network is finalizing a deal with CBS TV Studios for Insatiable, which will become a Netflix original series. It comes from […]

Comment

• The Originals will end after Season 5.

Comment

• At least they get to tell their fans this is the final season. Ive seen too many shows wherw they dont get to give a warning.

Comment

• So I saw the app for CW Seed got a bit of a facelift. It's easier to maneuver and find the content for me. The logo also got a bit of an overhaul. How the heck is it that the logo for CW Seed gets a change before the logo for the actual network?

The CW launched in 2006 and will have been around for 11 years as of September 18, 19 and 20 this yr. Sept 18 and 19, 2006 were kind of a preview of what the channel would be. It officially launched on September 20th and the logo that it launched with is pretty much the same logo they've had ever since. I think it's time the logo gets an overhaul.

When The WB launched as a network, the logo did look somewhat different. Look at the backlot bumpers and breaks. That logo in the backlot parts that was show amongst the logos for stuff like Unhappily Ever After and Superman: The Animated Series looked like what would go on to become the logo for Kids' WB! It wasn't exactly the same but it looked similar. So even the official logo for The WB Television Network underwent changes.

This year The CW will have been on the air the same amount of time that The WB was on, eleven years. I think it's time to show people who may have left that this CW is not the same channel that launched eleven years ago. Even something as small as a logo update would go a long way. Look at WWE. They update their logo every couple of years. It's always in a constant state of change. The CW should talke a page out of WWE's book and update the logo every couple of years. The fact that it's stayed the same pretty much for over a decade? It's time for the logo to be updated.

When your secondary network/app is getting an upgrade and it's been around less than five years? Geez it's been less than three years since the Seed app launched. The CW needs an overhaul in how the logo looks at least. They've gone above and beyond in trying to show people it's not the same network with the different shows that air. So it's past time to freshen up the logo. They could still do it before the new season begins in October.
                        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 09-05-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Ratings for the first week of the 2017-18 season

Flash: 1.1
                          Riverdale: 0.8
                          SPN: 0.7
                          Arrow: 0.6
                          Legends: 0.6
                          Dynasty: 0.3
                          Jane: 0.3
                          Valor: 0.3
                          Crazy-Ex: 0.2

Once again, the new fall shows are flops.

Comment

• Another DC drama in development: http://www.ksitetv.com/project-13/cw...roject/164973/

Comment

• Im just glad The Flash is doing well still. 4 yrs running as the number one show.

Comment

• Flash: 0.9
                                SPN: 0.7
                                Riverdale: 0.6
                                Arrow: 0.5
                                Legends: 0.5
                                Dynasty: 0.3
                                Crazy-Ex: 0.2
                                Jane: 0.2
                                Valor: 0.2

Comment