Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving The CW

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was just thinking Charmed would be cool on Sundays. Yeah right now its only 2 hrs but if ratings are good enough, maybe we will see it expand after awhile though. I think the original Sunday WB lineup was two hours then expanded later?

Comment

• The Power of Three is complete now...Madeleine Mantock (Into the Badlands) has been cast as the eldest sister Macy in the Charmed reboot. The character is an über-smart geneticist who’s very down-to-earth, driven… and completely gobsmacked when she learns that the supernatural world actually exists.

http://tvline.com/2018/03/05/madelei...t-cast-sister/

I actually like this casting; she’s only really played supporting characters so maybe this could be her breakout role. And she hasn’t been given the opportunity to really be a bada$$ of a series; I’ve seen glimmers of it in ITB but, maybe she can go full force as the Shannen Doherty/Prue of this series in Macy.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-05-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Fall 2018 Schedule Released:

MONDAYS
        8 pm DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
        9 pm Arrow (new time slot)

TUESDAYS
        8 pm The Flash
        9 pm Black Lightning

WEDNESDAYS
        8 pm Riverdale
        9 pm ALL AMERICAN

THURSDAYS
        8 pm Supernatural
        9 pm LEGACIES

FRIDAYS
        8 pm Dynasty
        9 pm Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (new time slot)

SUNDAYS
        8 pm Supergirl (new time slot)
        9 pm CHARMED

http://tvline.com/2018/05/17/cw-fall...rmed-schedule/

Comment

• I don’t know how I feel about the trailer. They clearly picked and chose things from the original series (e.g. the manor, the book of shadows and even the storyline). I’m willing to give it a shot.

Comment

• Didnt know what to think about the new Charmed series until i saw the trailer. It actually doesnt look horrible. I like that they have a guide in the series he kind of reminds me of Giles from Buffy. Ill give it a chance because i appreciate that its not a direct remake.

Comment

• The Robert Irvine Show will not be returning for a second season weekday afternoons on The CW due to low ratings. A replacement series has not yet been announced. Tribune, which is in the process of being taken over by Sinclair, is who programs the slot. Their agreement to program it doesnt end until fall 2021.

What would everyone here do with that hour or two hours of programming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                The Robert Irvine Show will not be returning for a second season weekday afternoons on The CW due to low ratings. A replacement series has not yet been announced. Tribune, which is in the process of being taken over by Sinclair, is who programs the slot. Their agreement to program it doesnt end until fall 2021.

What would everyone here do with that hour or two hours of programming?

I don't know, but maybe they'll replace it with another talk show? It airs in the afternoon here so I guess they'll just put another talk show in it's place.

Comment

• Yeah, they'll probably do another talk show. Sinclair is also very political so it might have a political bent, which doesn't fit with The CW but they're going to do what they're going to do.

Acquiring/repurposing programming is kind of a waste of money at this point when so much is going to Netflix etc.

Comment

• There are a few shows that arent on Netflix and Hulu that could work as reruns.

It seems very weird they havent announced anything to replace Robert Irvine. Usually they announce what the replacement is pretty fast but theyre taking their time. At this point, it woulnt surprise me if they have some of the saturday morning educational shows air reruns on weekdays until they can find something to take over.

Comment

• According to Wikipedia the Robert Irvine Show will be replaced by Jerry Springer repeats.

Comment

• Yup and the show will go on a production hiatus for awhile but they can always come back if CW wants.

Comment

• One way to help get the word out would be to make CW & CW Seed apps accessible on PS3 and PS4 users. I dont know why its not yet but it is for XBox. Any idea why that is?

Comment

• Well, i guess i should have seen this coming. It is believed that when the CW deal with Netflix ends this spring, the shows like Arrow, Supernatural and Riverdale will be removed from the service and switched to the upcoming untitled Warner streaming service.

This is why dvds will never disappear completely. Not everyone wants to sub to a ton of streaming services and dvds are cheap. Thank goodness also for the CW app but it upsets me that they have to end a good thing. Netflix got the shows 7 or 8 days after the season ends and i could catch up on the season before the summer ended. Now we have to wait 4 or 5 months for dvds. Sorry but im not happy.

Only thing i can say is i hope this means we will get a CW app for the PSN. Maybe this will mean that so CW can get more attention.
                            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 02-17-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• CW Projects, currently in development for the 2020-2021 season

Dark Shadows' Sequel in the Works at The CW
                              http://www.ksitetv.com/dark-shadows/the-cw-is-working-on-a-dark-shadows-reboot/196239/

Ghost-hunting series The Archived is in the works for The CW
                              The CW is developing a drama based on V.E. Schwab's "The Archived" book series, Variety has learned exclusively.
                              Last edited by BlueRanger; 09-20-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• The CW Will Be Shooting a Brand New Pilot for “The Lost Boys” TV Series This Fall
                                The CW's "The Lost Boys" executive producer Rob Thomas (iZombie, Veronica Mars) is giving fans an update on where things stand with the pilot..

Too bad, looks like tyler posey is no longer part of this project
                                Last edited by BlueRanger; 09-18-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎