Loved It? Hated it? What did you think of "Desperate Souls?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting they made the journalist's name Glass. Wasn't Glass the name of the reporter for the New York Times who made up stories? He had to resign in disgrace. Only pointing it out as Lost writers have a history of picking names with meaning behind them.

Comment

Well his is/was a mirror

Comment

All good, a 10…so many issues even in fairytale land. Rump’s rise from a coward to… I got you by the ba…um… I'll just say collar. The kissin the boot was a great commentary to being careful whose toes you step on today, it might be attached to the a$$ you’ll be kissin tomorrow, was great.
        luv it all!!!!

Comment

Another ten!

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I liked the fact that Mr. Gold was manipulating the entire election and even fooled Regina who thought that now Emma had him as an enemy. Just as the original Dark Lord tricked Rumple into taking his place because he was tired and didn't want the burden that comes with magic, I wonder if Rumple is setting up Emma to take his place.

I liked the fact that Emma saved Regina and pretty much said she would do it again because that is what good people do. And her desire to prove to Henry that good can win out. I am worried about her using the walkie talkies that Mr. Gold gave. I just don't trust that guy and wouldn't be surprised if he is able to listen in on any conversation used by them.

Agreed 100%! I really am interested in Gold/Rumple's underlying motivations! Is this a way for him to give up the magic or is there some other reason?

Originally posted by borednow
          Gold/Rumpelstiltskin is so the Littlefinger of this show! I love him so dearly!

Yep, he is definitely the Littlefinger of this show (I read the game of thrones, didn't see the mini series) and plays it delicously!

Originally posted by KSiteTV
          Something about the explosion seemed so sudden. And I almost expected to see Graham's funeral, though I guess we didn't HAVE to have it and that would be too predictable.

I liked that characters like Archie, Mary-Margaret, and David were in the episode even without big roles. It's nice to know that even when it's not centered around them, they're out there. And Mr. Gold... he makes my skin crawl. It's bad enough that as Rumple he has those teeth and looks so awful... as Mr. Gold he's almost as gross, in a way .that you feel like you need a shower after watching

It was nice to see Rumple before he was a madman, though. And Regina... as always... is so deliciously snarky. She can never leave well enough alone and has such great delivery. I love her.
          i've met a few politicans that make you want to wash your hands after they shake it. that is the same kind of oiliness that Gold exudes.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          Ya Mr Gold does seem loike the creepy type of dude who has a van and would offer little kids candy lol.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          I am glad they are up and hope it continues but I wonder if the better numbers is due to no NFL football being played against them.
          I don't care why the numbers are up...as long as the show stays on the air!
          Originally posted by Saber
          All good, a 10…so many issues even in fairytale land. Rump’s rise from a coward to… I got you by the ba…um… I'll just say collar. The kissin the boot was a great commentary to being careful whose toes you step on today, it might be attached to the a$$ you’ll be kissin tomorrow, was great.
          luv it all!!!!
          brilliant simply brilliant!

Comment

Am I the only one who actually felt sorry for Rumple in the fairy tale world?
            Being told in front of his son that he was a coward, that his wife left him and he was made to kiss a boot...I was not at all surprised by the way he killed all those soldiers.

Anyways, fantastic back story about Mr Gold .
            I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Archie Hoopers' back story (unlike Graham's one).

At first, I didn't understand why PTB tried to show Rumple with a kid, but I guess it served two purposes:

1) We got to see two parents (Rumple and Emma) who were disgraced in the eyes of their sons (by the above mentioned acts for Rumple and Henry finding out he was born in a jail), and how the parents dealt with the situations - Rumple becoming powerful and killing people, while Emma conceding defeat in the election for Sheriff because even though she saved Regina, but the fire was a set up. These acts very nicely established (once again) that Rumple was the bad guy and Emma a good person.

2) Although we didn't see what happened in the end, but I've a feeling his son might be the reason why Rumple makes deals by taking away people's babies.

And the ending was perfect.
            Regina is hot, she'd powerful, she dictates/decides everything, and yet it seems like Mr Gold is the one who's actually pulling all the strings .

Gave it a 10.
            Last edited by ebatcl; 01-10-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ebatcl
              Am I the only one who actually felt sorry for Rumple in the fairy tale world?
              Being told in front of his son that he was a coward, that his wife left him and he was made to kiss a boot...I was not at all surprised by the way he killed all those soldiers.
              I'm sure you're not the only one, but personaly I didn't feel so sorry. I mean sure it was sad to see him humiliated in front of his son, but killing all those soldiers while his son was watching was quite an extreme payback. And he got to keep his son, so nah I don't feel sorry for him.
              Tbh, the one I always feel sorry for is Regina (and the Queen); no matter what she did and will do, I think she's the most damaged one, and the most heartbroken. While I think that Rumpel (even though we don't have his full backstory yet) does the thing he does only because he's extremely selfish, proud, and wants to control everything.

Comment

I liked the episode. I like episodes that shows the origin of a character, especially a villain like Rumplestilskin. It was very interesting to see that he had a son, I as many wonder what happened to that son. Hm.. I also like Sydney Glass, hope to see more of him. I really like that actor too, as he was awesome in Breaking bad. 8/10.

Comment

I think my favorite moment of the entire episode was when Archie introduced Emma and Sydney on stage at the debate. No one was laughing at his jokes and he responded, "Crickets."

It was interesting to see Rumpelstiltskin's back story since but it wasn't the best episode. Robert Carlyle still gave an amazing performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Costanza
                    I'm sure you're not the only one, but personaly I didn't feel so sorry. I mean sure it was sad to see him humiliated in front of his son, but killing all those soldiers while his son was watching was quite an extreme payback. And he got to keep his son, so nah I don't feel sorry for him.
                    Tbh, the one I always feel sorry for is Regina (and the Queen); no matter what she did and will do, I think she's the most damaged one, and the most heartbroken. While I think that Rumpel (even though we don't have his full backstory yet) does the thing he does only because he's extremely selfish, proud, and wants to control everything.
                    I was not talking about feeling sorry for a character in general, but just in the last episode and in those moments.
                    Robert Carlyle, who's amazing as the devious Mr Gold, well, it was nice to see him perform the part of a vulnerable Rumplestlitskin.
                    Not many actors can portray the parts (good and bad) with such ease.

I don't root for any one particular character in OUAT.
                    That's what makes the show more enjoyable for me, mostly because I've no complaints about how the characters are being portrayed - the good ones and the bad ones. I like them all just the way they are.
                    OUAT PTB is doing a great job .

Comment

Another Good Episode...

This is my favorite show of the season, old or new. I liked Regina's expression when Ms. Swan exposed Mr. Gold- it was like a mix of satisfaction (that she probably thought Emma was going to lose and/or she stood up to Gold) and disappointment (that she may get votes because she stood up to Gold).

Regina's hat in the next episode looks like quite the piece of apparel.

Comment

Originally posted by Costanza
                        Actually, his actions past getting the magic made me feel even WORSE for him. You know the saying of being drunk with power to where you feel like you can do anything? That's the state that Rumple was in, to where he wasn't even thinking clearly because of the fact that he was drunk with the new power that he had...both magic wise and the fact that people now feared him.

He wasn't thinking about what he was doing at all. He was so focused on the fact he had the power to carry out his revenge, that when I saw how his son reacted to seeing his dad like he was, I just felt all the more sorry for Rumple.

Episode wise, I gave this one a 7. I thought for the most part it was good, but I didn't feel like it was on par with the previous episode. I felt Rumple's backstory was a bit rushed at points to fill the timing of the episode (I mean actually, his back-story alone could have filled the entire episode), and I thought the whole election was a bit iffy in ways to where it just really didn't feel right to me at all.

Comment

3/10

Only because Robert Carlyle can act even when the script is horrid and because Lana Perilla is pretty to look at.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎