Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The New Deal?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julie Plec talks to EW.com abt The Neal Deal episode. She talks abt Delena kiss, Jeremy, Tyler and more. Check it out on the link bellow. Maybe you guys will understand why Delena is happening and why Damon kissed Elena in yhat specific moment and place (porch) despite the whole "my brotherīs gf" drama.

Last edited by rej@ne; 01-07-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

huh, some bitter divisions about this episode. I liked it, as the one thing I was most curious about was how Elena & Damon were going to deal with Stefan's "betrayal".

I totally did not expect Jeremy being sent away. he's a true Gilbert, as such I always believed he'd stay in the fight with Klaus till the bitter end. I get that Elena wanted to protect what little innocence he had left, but most of that has been lost since the 1st season. When I say it like that, now I get why they were saying "season 1" Jeremy was coming back, but even so he was only hurt and upset not despondent and emo this time around.

As for the Delena kiss, I was fine with it, and I'm mostly Team Stelena. In spite of his mellowing out and growing some semblance of a conscience, Damon is still Damon. And Elena has made it clear that she doesn't believe the Stefan she loved exists anymore, she's not his girl anymore. If there's even the slightest chance that he might actually get what he really wants are you really going to fault him for going after it? He's Damon, not a priest.

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
      Damon and Elenas kiss- I'm honestly not pleased with it at all. And I was a Delena fan when the show started.
      Damon had just learned the real reason why Stefan didn't kill Klaus, and he already knew that Stefan went with Klaus in the first place to protect Elena and Damon, yet he kisses his brothers girlfriend. Doesn't matter that Stefan left. (which he did for them!), or that he's rebel Stefan right now. You just don't do that to yo bro. And I'm over seeing Damon playing house with Elena... He's gotten boring.
      Damon's prepared to live with any consequences of that kiss, but c'mon Stefan's not in the mood to really give a crap about that. I can't blame Damon for making a move when he saw an opening, but like I said before Damon kinda has a conscience, all it would've taken is one word from Elena and the matter would be settled. I doubt that word will come anytime soon

One thing I am confused about... Why did Klaus stab Rebekah again ? The nut. Or is he just worried about her killing him? That really was stupid of Elena to reveal to him
      Rebekah couldn't kill Klaus; I think Klaus stabbed Rebekah because he didn't think she could live if she didn't love him, same reason he stabbed her the first time it's classic narcissism.

why was it stupid? Klaus just threatened more of Elena's loved ones, it sounded to me like she was pushing back, saying she's not so easily bullied, she can ruin his plans too
      Last edited by dru-zod2501; 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't know why you guys are saying Delena is fan driven. The show is about a love triangle. Maybe you should have read the synopsis for the show before getting into it if you didn't want to see a love triangle. I also don't know why Stefan is getting so much sympathy. The guy was being a giant jerk the entire episode. He is putting everyone's life in danger by stealing Klaus' coffins. He didn't care at all that Jeremy was in danger. He made it clear that he cares more about getting revenge on Klaus than his relationship with Elena.
        Last edited by Dexter; 01-07-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
          I don't know why you guys are saying Delena is fan driven. The show is about a love triangle. Maybe you should have read the synopsis for the show before getting into it if you didn't want to see a love triangle. I also don't know why Stefan is getting so much sympathy. The guy was being a giant jerk the entire episode. He is putting everyone's life in danger by stealing Klaus' coffins. He didn't care at all that Jeremy was in danger. He made it clear that he cares more about getting revenge on Klaus than his relationship with Elena.
          I totally agree with you!! Thank you for getting it!!

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
            why was it stupid? Klaus just threatened more of Elena's loved ones, it sounded to me like she was pushing back, saying she's not so easily bullied, she can ruin his plans too
            Because Klaus wasn't aware that Rebekah found out he killed their mother. Giving her reason to hate him and side with the others who want him dead. Elena shouldn't have warned him.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

It's not like Stefan chose to turn off his humanity.. Which is why he doesn't care what happens to Jeremy.

The reason he is how he is now is because he cared too much.. running off with Klaus to save Damon and Elena.
            Last edited by LuthorKent90; 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Because Klaus wasn't aware that Rebekah found out he killed their mother. Giving her reason to hate him and side with the others who want him dead. Elena shouldn't have warned him.
              you make it sound so easy, like she would've thought it out rationally. It's way more likely she would've come unhinged and started lashing out at Klaus and Elena with equal fury, which is what I imagine will happen anyway when she does get undaggered

It's not like Stefan chose to turn off his humanity.. Which is why he doesn't care what happens to Jeremy.

The reason he is how he is now is because he cared too much.. running off with Klaus to save Damon and Elena.
              last episode Stefan chose not to turn his feelings back on, he decided revenge was more important than his heart. That's why he is the way he is this week

Comment

he show is about a love triangle.
                Really? Well, I'm tired of "love triangles."

I also don't know why Stefan is getting so much sympathy.
                Because as vampires go, Stefan was a good guy. He put himself in harm's way to save his brother.

He is putting everyone's life in danger by stealing Klaus' coffins. He didn't care at all that Jeremy was in danger. He made it clear that he cares more about getting revenge on Klaus than his relationship with Elena.
                Everyone's life was put in danger the minute Klaus showed up. Klaus and no one else is responsible for the harm he has inflicted on others. Jeremy put himself in danger by hanging around with Tyler when he knows Tyler was sired by Klaus, and is now pretty much his lap dog. As for Stefan wanting revenge on Klaus, I can't say that I blame him. Klaus has ruined his life. He can't go back to what he was or what he had with Elena. And at this stage of the game, I don't know what Elena wants and I really don't care. The one thing I do know is hooking up with Damon isn't going to be her salvation.
                Last edited by Raistlin; 01-07-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Klaus was going to leave them alone and head out of town after killing Mikael. Stefan batted the bee hive by stealing his family. How could it possibly only be Klaus that is putting Elena and her friends in danger? Stefan put the crosshairs on their back the moment he stole those coffins. Klaus hardly ruined Stefan's life. All he did was expose Stefan's true past that he has been hiding from everyone. Stefan didn't even choose to become the good, little saint that we saw in the first 2 seasons. It was Lexi that tortured him and forced him to change. And honestly, Stefan wasn't even that bad during his Ripper storyline. Klaus compelled him to turn off his humanity, but nothing really happened. He just followed Elena around and acted annoying. I thought he was supposed to kill people and rip up bodies. Isn't that the whole point of being called the Ripper? It was really just an overly complicated mess with the compulsion and loopholes to show that Stefan's love for Damon is greater than his love for Elena. Stefan hardly did anything bad. He can go back to Elena, but he is an idiot.

Comment

^^^^I don't understand how you can say Klaus didn't ruin Stefan's life. He was not running around killing people and mutilating their bodies before Klaus got his hooks into him. Lexi was the catalyst for Stefan turning around years ago, but no one can make you change. You have to want that for yourself and work toward it. I am not remembering the Klaus drama the way you describe it, so I don't agree with your comments. Calling Stefan an idiot for not going back to Elena, but not taking into consideration what the character has done since the season started or how it has affected him doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Thank you Dexter! mod edit-
                      ---- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                      As for the Delena kiss, I was fine with it, and I'm mostly Team Stelena. In spite of his mellowing out and growing some semblance of a conscience, Damon is still Damon. And Elena has made it clear that she doesn't believe the Stefan she loved exists anymore, she's not his girl anymore. If there's even the slightest chance that he might actually get what he really wants are you really going to fault him for going after it? He's Damon, not a priest.

Damon's prepared to live with any consequences of that kiss, but c'mon Stefan's not in the mood to really give a crap about that. I can't blame Damon for making a move when he saw an opening, but like I said before Damon kinda has a conscience, all it would've taken is one word from Elena and the matter would be settled. I doubt that word will come anytime soon
                      Your words are just PERFECT! Damon is damon, not a priest like you said and heīs not betraying Stefan once Stefan chose to give mod edit Elena and everyone else but his revange on Klaus.

----- Added 20 Minutes later -----

Sry but I can desagree more. Ok Stafn cared too much abt his brother and Elrna and Co to let Klaus did what he did BUT once he was free from Klaus he could have chosen different, you know. He couldīve chosen to join Elena and damon to defeat Klaus coz Elena gave him that option even after what he did (ripper) and yet he didnīt!
                      Stefan has this dark side and you guys just donīt accept it! Lexi said that when her ghost showd up trying to save him. She sais to Elena something like " Donīt listen to him Elena he ALWAYS do that when Iīm saving him from himself" meanning that that was not the firts or second time The Ripper shwed his face, you know. From time to time he shows without any reason, like when Klaus and Stfan met eachother back is the 20-s.
                      mod edit He wants to be like that. He chose that, no doubt abt it.

----- Added 42 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Raistlin
                      Really? Well, I'm tired of "love triangles."

Really, so you shouldnīt have started watching it in the first place.

Because as vampires go, Stefan was a good guy. He put himself in harm's way to save his brother.

Everyone's life was put in danger the minute Klaus showed up. Klaus and no one else is responsible for the harm he has inflicted on others. Jeremy put himself in danger by hanging around with Tyler when he knows Tyler was sired by Klaus, and is now pretty much his lap dog. As for Stefan wanting revenge on Klaus, I can't say that I blame him. Klaus has ruined his life. He can't go back to what he was or what he had with Elena. And at this stage of the game, I don't know what Elena wants and I really don't care. The one thing I do know is hooking up with Damon isn't going to be her salvation.
                      And again I desagree with that. Like it had happened before (considering the times Lexi has saved him form his darkness) he DID go back to who he was and moved on with his existence. Abt Elena, she said over and over again to Stefan that she loved him no matter what, she didnīt care abt what he have done and theyīd figure it all out togethe as long as he would come back to herr. And he couldnīt care less abt her and her feelings for him.
                      Last edited by Sugar; 01-09-2012, 10:33 AM. Reason: rule #2 and rule #10

Comment

Originally posted by dexter
                        klaus was going to leave them alone and head out of town after killing mikael. Stefan batted the bee hive by stealing his family. How could it possibly only be klaus that is putting elena and her friends in danger? Stefan put the crosshairs on their back the moment he stole those coffins. Klaus hardly ruined stefan's life. All he did was expose stefan's true past that he has been hiding from everyone. Stefan didn't even choose to become the good, little saint that we saw in the first 2 seasons. It was lexi that tortured him and forced him to change. And honestly, stefan wasn't even that bad during his ripper storyline. Klaus compelled him to turn off his humanity, but nothing really happened. He just followed elena around and acted annoying. I thought he was supposed to kill people and rip up bodies. Isn't that the whole point of being called the ripper? It was really just an overly complicated mess with the compulsion and loopholes to show that stefan's love for damon is greater than his love for elena. Stefan hardly did anything bad. He can go back to elena, but he is an idiot.

i love you dexter!! Exactally my point. Stefan could have chosen to go back in trail but he didnīt!

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

So did Damon, like when he went to met Klaus so Elena could see Stefan and try to get him on vervain and Klaus almost ripped Damonīs heart off if wasnīt for that Gloria witch (and Damon knew it could happen, he even said that to Elena before they went to the bar). Also he went on a suicidle mission when he followed Elena and Alaric in that woods just AGAIN to save Stefan from Klaus, even knowing it was a full moon night and considering he had already been bitten by a warewolf and gone through all that pain we have to agree that it was a huge deal for Damon. So damon also put his own life in dager to save his brotherīs life and Elrnaīs life and etc.. mod edit
                        Last edited by Sugar; 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM. Reason: rule 10

Comment

So did Damon, like when he went to met Klaus so Elena could see Stefan and try to get him on vervain and Klaus almost ripped Damonīs heart off if wasnīt for that Gloria witch (and Damon knew it could happen, he even said that to Elena before they went to the bar). Also he went on a suicidle mission when he followed Elena and Alaric in that woods just AGAIN to save Stefan from Klaus, even knowing it was a full moon night and considering he had already been bitten by a warewolf and gone through all that pain we have to agree that it was a huge deal for Damon. So damon also put his own life in dager to save his brotherīs life and Elrnaīs life and etc.. mod edit
                          Is this a shipper war in the making because if it is I'm not playing. This is not an either/or scenario for me. You don't need to list Damon's "virtues" to beat down Stefan, or vice versa. The initial comment was not "[Damon] is an idiot" it referred to Stefan which is why I answered it from Stefan's POV. Elena is not the only consideration here. She may still love Stefan and even be able to forgive him, but he has to be able to forgive himself for what he's done and what she's witnessed him do. He has to believe he is worthy of her. If he doesn't acknowledge any of his feelings, he doesn't have to deal with them or the guilt and pain of them.
                          Last edited by Sugar; 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Is this a shipper war in the making because if it is I'm not playing. This is not an either/or scenario for me. You don't need to list Damon's "virtues" to beat down Stefan, or vice versa. The initial comment was not "[Damon] is an idiot" it referred to Stefan which is why I answered it from Stefan's POV. Elena is not the only consideration here. She may still love Stefan and even be able to forgive him, but he has to be able to forgive himself for what he's done and what she's witnessed him do. He has to believe he is worthy of her. If he doesn't acknowledge any of his feelings, he doesn't have to deal with them or the guilt and pain of them.
                            I agree with you on "Is this a shipper war in the making because if it is I'm not playing" sentence. But it seems you are the one who ONLY see Stefanīs POV/side/etc... I canīt make you agree with any of my opinions just like you canīt make me agree with you. Facys are facts and we canīt change it. The thing is you guys (Stefanīs shippers) only put Stafan in high levels by beating Damon down... I, on the other hand, just point out Damon "virtues" like you said yourself. I donīt beat Stefan down but we also canīt deny he has his dark side apart of any jutification for it. Just as Damon has his own but never denied or tried to high it from anyone. But Damon, just as Stefan, also has his good and bright side.
                            By saying that, I finish argueing this subject coz Iīm not here to make enemies or ppl to find me an umpleasent person. I respect you and your opinion though I donīt agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
                              But it seems you are the one who ONLY see Stefanīs POV/side/etc...
                              Good. I'm an independent thinker and I like to see a character's motivations not just pick one and back him/her no matter what.

I canīt make you agree with any of my opinions just like you canīt make me agree with you. Facys are facts and we canīt change it. The thing is you guys (Stefanīs shippers)only put Stafan in high levels by beating Damon down
                              There you go assuming that I'm shipping someone. And where/when have I beat Damon down? I like Damon just fine. The only character that I'm really not liking at the moment is Elena, and I don't want to see Damon with Elena and then a flip-flop back to Stefan.
                              Last edited by Raistlin; 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

There you go assuming that I'm shipping someone. And where/when have I beat Damon down? I like Damon just fine. The only character that I'm really not liking at the moment is Elena, and I don't want to see Damon with Elena and then a flip-flop back to Stefan.
                                ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎