Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series 7/Season 33/(insert your own alternative designation) News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy and jubilation. 3D is nothing more than a moneyspinning gimmick, a fad from the last century bought back because of the recession. And it gives people headaches.

Comment

• I agree. The technology isnt ready yet and also the tvs are expensive. I love Doctor Who but theres a reason that more stuff hasnt been in 3D on a home entertainment scale u know?

Comment

• The Twelfth Doctor speculation may end soon.

Various UK websites (including the Radio Times site, so I'm taking this as legit) are reporting that the BBC will make an announcement about Doctor Who at midnight. Bleeding Cool are claiming that Matt Smith and Steven Moffat will guest on a live BBC1 Special at 7pm BST on Sunday, during which Smith's successor will be officially revealed. If Bleeding Cool is correct, then the midnight announcement might be of the special (interestingly, the Metro newspaper tweeted a link to its own article, but when I clicked on it, it came back "Not Found"). However, the BBC might make an early announcement of the new Doctor if they thought that the news would leak before Sunday. The BBC had previously advertised audience tickets for a pilot show celebrating Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary to be recorded at 6pm on 4th August. The show was supposed to be a mixture of archive clips and unnamed "special guests", with the suggestion that audience members "dress to impress" in costume (although this wasn't compulsory). It sounds as it this might be cover for a "live reveal" show. If it is, then Moffat and the BBC must have a lot of confidence in their new lead. After all, a audience of Who fans might appreciate being the first to officially see the new Doctor, but they might also be the fastest to react negatively if the actor chosen isn't to their immediate liking.

As an aside, Peter Capaldi (Caecilius in The Fires of Pompeii, John Frobisher in Torchwood: Children of Earth and a Doctor Who fan since childhood) has recently become the bookies' favourite to play the Twelfth Doctor. It might mean nothing, it might be pure coincidence, and the fact that he has been in both Doctor Who and Torchwood already might seem reason enough to rule him out. However, he would seem to have all the attributes of an excellent Doctor, so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was chosen.

Edit: 5:50pm BST

It now appears that the midnight announcement is purely of the Sunday night live show. The press release was under an embargo until then, but Metro accidentally uploaded the story, only to hastily delete it from their site. However, the "damage" had already been done.
        Last edited by newbaggy; 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Darkhorizons.com has also reported the special to air Sunday. We r about to go on a wild ride with this one folks. Cannot wait to see Who its gonna be.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎