Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter"

Once Upon a Time's ratings were down again. Information from TV by the Numbers.

8:00 NBC Football Night in America Pt 3 6.2/15 16.68
    CBS 60 Minutes/The Amazing Race 3.4/8 13.68
    FOX The Simpsons 3.0/7 6.45
    ABC Once Upon A Time 2.9/7 8.91
    8:30 NBC Sunday Night Football: Giants at Cowboys 8:30-11p TBD TBD
    FOX The Cleveland Show 2.3/5 4.98

Of course the Giants Cowboys game on Sunday Night Football will lead to an NBC win (it was the second-bestSunday Night Football of the season in the overnight household ratings). But boosted by 41 minutes of NFL overrun, CBS had a solid night (though its numbers are scrambled due to the overrun).In it's "fall finale" (it will return January 8 ) Once Upon A Time fell 0.3 to a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating, a season/series low. Looks like the bloom is off the rose...fans will have four weeks to ponder the reasons.
    Last edited by SteelyGal; 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM.

With big football matches the show will drop more.
    Everybody DVR the show.

Comment

I'm not too, too worried about it dropping because pretty much every series has gone to low numbers across networks and timeslots, due to the holidays.

I really think it'll be interesting to see how well it does during the 2nd half to a) see if viewers come back and b) if providing full episodes of all the ones that have aired so far on abc.com and the New Year's Day marathon will help draw in new viewers.

Apparently, Once has big DVR numbers, so that should add to things. Plus, even when it was down last week, it went up in finals.

Comment

But there are football until 5th February...
        I think this show is perfect but not for this date. In February would make huge ratings.
        I have faith, but I'm afraid too

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
          I'm not too, too worried about it dropping because pretty much every series has gone to low numbers across networks and timeslots, due to the holidays.

I really think it'll be interesting to see how well it does during the 2nd half to a) see if viewers come back and b) if providing full episodes of all the ones that have aired so far on abc.com and the New Year's Day marathon will help draw in new viewers.

Apparently, Once has big DVR numbers, so that should add to things. Plus, even when it was down last week, it went up in finals.
          I think to get these numbers on a December Sunday night against football is pretty good. As you mentioned, the holidays are bringing the numbers down. I think a marathon is a great idea because I do believe it works in bringing in new viewers. Not surprised it has big DVR numbers because everyone is so busy this time of year. It is hard for a scripted show to get high numbers because people can DVR it.

If the numbers keep going down all year, than I will be worried but I am not sure if they will get back to their original high.

Comment

I hope the ratings go back up when it comes back in january. this show is too good to take off the air.

Comment

We canīt do anything against football.
              Maybe Monday would be better day, before Castle.

Comment

We have to remember that Once is doing TREMENDOUSLY better than what was in its timeslot previously and a 2.9 is still really great. Even shows like Castle which has been a steady performer have gone down to season lows recently. Shows go on hiatus in December because the numbers end up being so low. The only reason anyone is even talking about Once's numbers going down is because they're there. Pretty much every other shows on any given network with new episodes around the holidays has suffered.

Changing the timeslot, especially, to another day is a really terrible idea, to be honest. When you start moving shows, you start losing the audience because people can get confused on when it airs. Leaving it on Sundays is the best option for now.

Just continue to get friends and family to watch and make sure people are watching LIVE when it airs and hopefully, ABC will do its part in promoting the heck out of its return in January.
                Last edited by savingpeoplething; 12-12-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

DVR ratings

What's your opinion?

Comment

this was talked about on the Once podcast I listen to, but I wish they would move Once Upon a Time to a different night. I don't watch football (except on the Superbowl). I watch with my boyfriend, Tuesday, two days after it airs, so if it were moved to Tuesdays, we would watch live.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎