0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Sam at it always was - BAD.

0 0%
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

#3.8 "Hold On To Sixteen"

Sam is back on tonight's episode! Images can be found at KSiteTV of course...

No one seemed to do live chat, but everyone is invited to let this be the episode thread!

I really liked it... surprisingly.

It was fun and uplifting and I did like The New Directions the best... the Femme Tone, though I like their song choices more, really distracted me with the random flailing arms... Plus I always love it when the songs give time to almost everyone instead of one or two people. Also good to see Santana's insults going back to being funny instead of painfully slap worthy...
    Last edited by borednow; 12-06-2011 at 09:29 PM.

New In Town
    A couple of things about this ep. great song choice. Awesome performances by everyone in the cast. Great to see Sam return. For us Smallville fans it was a good to see John Schiender guest starring in tonight's ep. This ep. had everything that makes Glee such an amazing series. Good drama, great performances, comedy, and just a great feeling after watching the ep. by far my favorite episode this season thus far.

John Schneider. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by borednow View Post
    I really liked it... surprisingly.

It was fun and uplifting and I did like The New Directions the best... the Femme Tone, though I like their song choices more, really distracted me with the random flailing arms... Plus I always love it when the songs give time to almost everyone instead of one or two people. Also good to see Santana's insults going back to being funny instead of painfully slap worthy...
    I agree.

This episode have a bit of what Glee used to be back on season 1. The songs weren't the best for a competition imo (The TroubleTones mash up from MASH OFF was way better) but still, enjoyable. I think that the only thing I could mention is Quinn. Wow, who knew that the only thing that she needed was a Rachel Berry pep talk? lol Yeah, I'm not even mad, everything is Faberry and nothing hurts Also, WE ARE YOUNG is one of my favorites covers on this season so far. I love it.

BTW Brittana fans might hate me for this but I kinda like the idea of Finn/Santana. She's one of the few people that can said Finn off and the same the other way. I know they can't go there but yeah.

Also, John Schneider. Good times.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I really liked this episode, felt it had a very Season 1 feel to it.

Though Finn thinking Sam brings "star power"? The hell? Since when is Sam star power? I know they had to work Chord in somehow but if a person didn't know Chord was coming back this would kind of come out of left field (I know because a friend who doesn't read spoilers was all "wait, what?").

The Warblers won their sectionals (no surprise there) and Sebastian is still pursuing Blaine. Loved "I don't like your obnoxious CW hair". Ha.

Sam's a stripper for real? Interesting.

And then there's Schneider. When he leaned forward a little and said, "son..." I swear he sounded like he was talking to Clark. Half expected the camera to turn and Welling to be there. So Pa Kent.

The Blaine and Sam fight seemed to come out of nowhere, IMO but I liked Blaine's line "it means, I'm not for sale". Though that was a little outta line. After all, Blaine's got rich white boy problems. And Blaine boxes? Liked the explanation though.

Finally Finn and Blaine have it out. I figured it was something like that (jealousy). Nice to see them pulling together.

I enjoyed the whole Mike Chang stuff too though I do think his father did an awfully fast turn around though.

The songs. Didn't care for Evita number. The Trouble Tones was cute. I was grinning as New Directions started with Tina and Kurt--singing in his lower registers, in fact. And then for Tina to get to headline most of that song? I feel like giving someone at Glee cookies for that. The song was good and happy and just a wonderful choice. This is Glee how it should be.

Then the segue into "Control" (One of my favorite Janet songs), which I thought was just okay. I wouldn't have given the lead vocals to Blaine though, I would have let Quinn take it. (though I find it interesting that a girl sang lead for the song male vocals had done the song before and then a male takes lead for the song originally done by a female. Interesting role reversal.)

And then a third one? That felt like too much (aren't there time limits or something?). But okay.

Then the clown joke that fell flat and the winners and of course New Directions won (knew they would and that the Trouble Tones would end up rejoining).

And suddenly Quinn's all right again (that seems like too quick a fix for me. She had seriously problems and now Rachel and Sam talk to her and blam! She's fine again?)? (oh the Faberry in this episode! I don't ship it but the subtext was pretty strong!)

And they are all together again.

Two things I really liked about this episode:
    No Sue. I'm not a big Sue fan, can take her in small doses but she just would have felt shoehorned into this one.

And honestly, unpopular opinion time here but I liked that we didn't have a whole lot of Brittany. I liked her for a while but then it seemed like she became the focus of a lot (I understand that fans love her and that RM was just giving people what they wanted--more Brittany--but after a while she felt overexposed). It was nice to pull back and showcase others this time around. Though Heather's dancing was wonderful.

Gave this one a 9. This is how Glee should be.

We were special. Chlarkfan_phantom's Avatar
    I actually liked this episode. It was much better than I expected it to be. Yeah.. uhh. Faberry. Great as always. Knew it was going to be Rachel to talk Quinn out of her crazy. That's all. Gave it a 9. Definitely felt like a season 1 episode to me, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post

Though Finn thinking Sam brings "star power"? The hell? Since when is Sam star power? I know they had to work Chord in somehow but if a person didn't know Chord was coming back this would kind of come out of left field (I know because a friend who doesn't read spoilers was all "wait, what?").
    I'm still wondering why they left Chord Overstreet go in the first place. It was because they needed it screen time for the Glee project people? because they wanted to focus on Mike, Blaine, Santana? seriously, like you said...him going and then coming back was so wth

And suddenly Quinn's all right again (that seems like too quick a fix for me. She had seriously problems and now Rachel and Sam talk to her and blam! She's fine again?)? (oh the Faberry in this episode! I don't ship it but the subtext was pretty strong!)

I really, really hated it how they handled Quinn's character. I was waiting for them for so long to address the whole Shelby/Beth thing and what they did? they ruined it imo. And Quinn obviously very depressed state...it was an awful way to handle that. Yeah, for me they kinda redeemed themselves with the Faberry but still.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novak Fan View Post
    I'm still wondering why they left Chord Overstreet go in the first place.
    As I recall (and it was some time ago so if anyone needs to correct me, feel free), Chord wanted to be a series regular, instead of recurring as he was. When they said no, he decided to leave the show. And then suddenly he came back.

I really, really hated it how they handled Quinn's character. I was waiting for them for so long to address the whole Shelby/Beth thing and what they did? they ruined it imo. And Quinn obviously very depressed state...it was an awful way to handle that. Yeah, for me they kinda redeemed themselves with the Faberry but still
    Agreed. I actually thought it was pretty clever of them to show Quinn having a breakdown (she's been primed for it since season 1, IMO) but then to put in the 'magical fix' (even if it did give Faberry fans what they've been waiting for) was the wrong way to go. But this is Glee where things are one way in one episode and completely the other in the next. *sighs*