Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Shepherd?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the episode, though I gave it a 9.

The Prince and the Pauper reference (though I guess they were both paupers since none of them are the King's biological children) was another link to fairy tales we know.

The dragon and the subsequent slaying scenes were some of the best CGI I've seen on television. Though it looked a lot like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire dragon slaying scene.

Kathyrn being Midas' daughter was a nice touch, though I wonder why we don't have Midas in Storybrook.

My favorite part was probably seeing Rumple making the deal with the king and the poor "James".

As for Mary and David, I knew they'd not get together so soon, so it came as no surprise.

Glad to see Emma finally discovering the truth about Regina and the Sheriff. I don't ship them, so I'm for everything that keeps them apart .

My only problem with this episode was Mary and Dr Whale. I don't really see why it's necessary to pair them up, but maybe nothing will happen between them , or maybe there will be twists involved in the future. Still, don't like the idea of Mary and Dr Whale, hence 9/10.

Comment

The King told Charming that he will marry Abagail................or he will kill him, his mother, and burn the farm to ash.

Since Charming weds Snow White..............Looks like Rumple has another deal to have to make!!!!!

Comment

10! I'm loving this show.

I like Steelygal's theory about the windmill being cursed to give David false memories....or perhaps it hypnotized him since it was spinning. Either way, that is a really good theory.

I'm wondering if we will see how James avoided marrying Abigail in a future episode.
        Last edited by BAMAGIRL; 12-07-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

The dragon and the subsequent slaying scenes were some of the best CGI I've seen on television. Though it looked a lot like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire dragon slaying scene.
          I too was reminded of Harry Potter when I saw the dragon. The CGI was very good. I also like Steely Gal's theory about the windmill. I'm glad that Emma thought that the Sherriff and Regina being together was wrong. I think it's just eww myself. I thought the scene where David said goodbye to his mother was sad. This show totally sucks me in every week. I think I'm addicted. I gave the episode a 9.
          Last edited by Animal; 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMAGIRL
            I'm wondering if we will see how James avoided marrying Abigail in a future episode.
            In the King Midas fairytail, he accidently turns his daughter into gold. I'm pretty sure we'll see this play out which will leave James to be able to marry Snow.

Liana speculated in another thread after the Evil Queen/Regna did the curse it turned Abigail/Kathryn back to human which then planted fake memories into Kathryn that her and David were married.
            Last edited by Clois/is/hot; 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I liked getting Charming's back story and discovering he had a twin brother. I really love the fairy tale stuff. It is so well done! And kudos Rumpel's make-up artist. Rumpel is deliciously bad and I really enjoyed the scene where he comes to call on David and his mother. I was wondering how Kathryn figured into the story and revealing her as King Midas's (snotty) daughter worked. I like how they are building this story, each episode is stronger than the last. I wasn't surprised when Regina misdirected David to Gold's pawn shop in order to derail his meeting with Mary Margaret. The chemistry between Snow/Mary-Margaret and David/Charming is off the charts. And I felt bad for her when David told her he remembered Kathryn. I think the icky doctor is another attempt by Regina to keep the curse from unraveling and Snow/Charming apart.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎