No announcement yet.

PERRY and RELIC Official Re-Watch Thread, November 25th, 2011

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERRY and RELIC Official Re-Watch Thread, November 25th, 2011

Unfortunately the SVencyclopedic MrsK can't be with us this week (although she will give us her thoughts on the 2 eps) but who else is in?

First appearance of the mighty Perry White and some 60s romance between young Jor-El and Louise McCallum.
    Friday 25th November, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%
    Friday 25th November, 11.00pm - 1.00am CST
    0%
    Saturday 26th November, 11.00am - 1.00pm CST
    0%
    Saturday 26th November, 2.00pm - 4.00pm CST
    0%
    Saturday 26th November, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%
    Sunday 27th November, 12.00pm - 2.00pm CST
    0%
    Sunday 27th November, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%

banners:

For more banner artwork, go to my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieslchen
      banners:

For more banner artwork, go to my thread.

Another great set of banners from today's Birthday Girl!!!

Comment

DVD 2 from the S3 Pack ready and waiting, John-El??

And happy birthday to Liesl.

Comment

DVD 2 is ready and waiting. There is still steam coming out my ears over disc 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
              DVD 2 is ready and waiting. There is still steam coming out my ears over disc 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
              So you never found it?

Comment

I'll be out of town and won't beable to lurk and make random posts

Comment

Can't wait for Sups totally unbiased review of Relic, an episode he's probably watched once.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
                    Can't wait for Sups totally unbiased review of Relic, an episode he's probably watched once.
                    I seen it more then once. When I do series rewatches, I watch every episode and that includes Relic. Over the coarse of my rewatches I have seen it at least 4 times. As I pointed out in other places the A-plot is beyond ridiculous and serves no purpose to the bigger storyline(and no a 90 second scene of Jor-El meeting the Kents doesn't change how incredibly stupid the rest of the "Jor-el" and "Louise" stuff was. I guess an argument can be made well at least the b and c plotlines were interesting but it still doesn't change the fact the a-plot is written like a piss poor romance novel.

In terms of my general issues with the episode

-if they want to make it seem legit hire different actors to play the part(but let's face facts, that never was the point of the episode)
                    -do they honestly think having Lana's great aunt commit adultery was a good idea? they easily could have did the episode and make "Louise" single. In general it made Louise look like the town bicycle and didn't really speak well of Jor-El either.
                    -if you going to spend an episode exploring the history of Jor-El couldn't they have came up with a better storyline? That see what jor-El did doohickey could have been a good idea if they truly wanted to explore what and who Jor-El is and was completely wasted
                    -when you see the episode 4 times, it starts getting ridiculous how Clark touches everything in a linear fashion(honestly what are the chances that Clark goes to places in the exact order things happens and touches an item to get an image of what happened). I won't lie I would easily let this one go but when an episode annoys you stupid things like this stick out like a sore thumb.
                    -while a minor thing the whole "Jor-El" flying scene bugged me as well. Honestly it was like the producers screw you to people who want to see Clark fly(it's like hey Clark won't fly but we'll tease you with Tom Welling flying as "Jor-El"). I get the show didn't want Clark flying but did they constantly have to tease it
                    -I might chalk this more into the so bad it's funny category, but honestly you think the guy Louise was married to would hold more resentment to his dead wife after spending 40 years in jail due to her. It's sort of sad that here is a guy who wasted 40 years of his life and he is treated like an after thought throughout the entire episode.

Unless somebody is a Clana fan I just don't see the appeal of the episode(ie hey look Tom and Kristin are kissing). Even then if I was a Clana fan I would sort of be insulted that the only way they can give me what I want to see is when the actors who play Clark and Lana are other people. I think part of what bugs me is the episode just feels like, hey Clana fans your relationship is going down the crapper the rest of the season, we'll give you some mindless filler to try hold you over in the meantime(it's basically everything you want to see Clark and Lana say and do, it's just not "Clark" and "Lana").
                    Last edited by Supsfan; 11-22-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Cheers, man.

Comment

Under 5 hours.

Comment

Under 3.5 hours.

Comment

40 minutes.

Nobody around?

Comment

I'm here definitely in this time!

Comment