Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It?What did you think of How To Win Friends & Influence Monsters

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It?What did you think of How To Win Friends & Influence Monsters

That's a long title. Anyway... what did you think?
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Killed my appetite
    0%

Great!!!

Please Bobby live!!!
    Last edited by luisl; 11-18-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I missed the last 20 minutes. The first 30 were so... boring. I couldn't stand that deputy or whatever he was. I was expecting the episode to be scarier than it was, and for more scenes in the woods. (Like in Wendigo, which imo is one of the best eps)

Guess I missed the big ending with Bobby though..

Comment

I actually enjoyed this episode. I found myself laughing a lot at Dean's attitude after eating the mystery meat and Sam and Bobby's reactions to him. I wasn't surprised that Bobby was shot, he's survived longer than I thought he would. But Sam and Dean will take a serious hit if he dies. The Leviathan story line still is not grabbing me. Where is Crowley?

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
          I actually enjoyed this episode. I found myself laughing a lot at Dean's attitude after eating the mystery meat and Sam and Bobby's reactions to him. I wasn't surprised that Bobby was shot, he's survived longer than I thought he would. But Sam and Dean will take a serious hit if he dies. The Leviathan story line still is not grabbing me. Where is Crowley?
          If Crowley start helping the boys Dick is going to kill all the demons.

Comment

i really enjoyed alot of the "tongue in cheek" humor in this episode. I got a few good laughs from Dean after he ate the mystery meat. I also found it humorous when they had the "Rise of Dick" montage.
            I was really interested in the leviathans plans the bobby had found too. The maps and documents where quite interesting and i was hoping for a small hint about that before the end as maybe the cliffhanger but instead we got Bobby getting shot. I should be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks.

Comment

I got a few laughs out of this one, but for the most part it was boring. Of course about the last ten or so minutes peeked my interests. I had a feeling Bobby was going to die as soon as that Leviathan found him. I don't think he's going to be alive next ep, unless somehow his hat was coming off his head as he got in the van and maybe he's knocked out. Just don't think that's the case.

Do want to know what was up with the meat and of course what did Bobby find out?
              Last edited by Kaleltheking; 11-19-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I thought it was great and man, what a cliffhanger!

Comment

The diner scene of everyone eating the sandwiches was gross. Sadly, it portrays America.

That cliffhanger was a joke. Didn't we already get a Bobby cliffhanger at the beginning of the season? It didn't scare me the first time. It definitely won't scare me the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                    The diner scene of everyone eating the sandwiches was gross. Sadly, it portrays America.

That cliffhanger was a joke. Didn't we already get a Bobby cliffhanger at the beginning of the season? It didn't scare me the first time. It definitely won't scare me the second time.
                    The cliffhanger in 7x02 was most of the boys going to the hospital full of leviathans than bobby's death.

Comment

Such a freaking great episode!

And sad that someone even voted '1'...it's like people just don't care about amazing writing.

Nice to see a bigger and evil plan from the Leviathans...I thought it was the Leviathans' version of the Croatoan virus, but I bet they'll move on to something even bigger now before the season ends. I mean...what if they plan to use humans as food and as slaves for some other purpose then themselves? Maybe...for a pet of theirs? *thinks of Cthulhu*
                      Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-19-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                        Such a freaking great episode!

And sad that someone even voted '1'...it's like people just don't care about amazing writing.

Nice to see a bigger and evil plan from the Leviathans...I thought it was the Leviathans' version of the Croatoan virus, but I bet they'll move on to something even bigger now before the season ends. I mean...what if they plan to use humans as food and as slaves for some other purpose then themselves? Maybe...for a pet of theirs? *thinks of Cthulhu*
                        I searched Leviathan in wikipedia. When God created the leviathans he also created the Behemoth. XD Maybe they are trying to release that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth#Description

Comment

That is a very good possibility. I mean, Behemoth and the Cthulhu could be one in the same as was the Old Ones and Leviathans.

Comment

So I watched this during the day because the previews looked scary. I thought I should watch it in the daylight to help.

It wasn't that scary, just gross.

But let's start from the beginning--

The couple in the sleeping bags in the bed. With the iPod with sounds of nature, rather than listening to the real thing. I muttered "douches" to myself, I freely admit that. And then later when the boys were talking about it (what did they call them again? I couldn't hear it. "Clampers"?) was funny.

Dean saying he thinks the world wants to end? We haven't heard that sort of talk from him since the infamous "then let it end!" speech in Season 2. I hadn't realized he was that depressed.

The discussion about the Jersey Devil (a creature I've heard of before) and then look! A Biggerson's (I love that that place is canon.)

Ranger Rick being stoned, Brandon being pissy (when he called Dean a "douche" I was waiting for Dean to let him have it). The names! Sam="Big Bird", Dean="Ken Doll", and Bobby="Creepy Uncle"?

And if I had been Dean I would have checked my sandwich before biting into it since that guy was my server.

So my DVR info said that Dean would find out that a special sandwich would be a clue. But even without that I knew the TDK would turn out to be a part of it. It was...a bit obvious that it had something to do with what was going on.

Anyone else just go "awwww" at the idea of wee!chesters hunting with Bobby and not wanting to shoot the deer? I can especially see Sam not wanting to (and him crying until Dean promised he wouldn't shoot "Bambi" either).

I realized that we went from Vegas to the woods in the space of an episode. (Well, not really since they've obviously been a few places since but still.)

Bobby shooting with his eyes closed. Now that was cool. But dangerous.

The bodies and all that--gross! The autopsy (I was going to have a snack during the show. I'm glad I didn't!) and Dean being hungry. And look, Sam has a new laptop! And then they begin to clue in at Biggerson's again. Sam calling Dean an idiot was cute too.

The scene with Sam and Bobby (and Dean napping) was cute but I was totally distracted by Sam's sideburns. I know a lot of people complain about them being too big or too long or whatever. They don't usually bother me. But this scene they did. Don't know why. Camera angle maybe? And of course Sam and Bobby get a heart to heart then Dean and Bobby get one too.

The Leviathans, including head honcho guy. Making the doctor eat himself? There's that "ew!" factor again.

Sam and Dean to the rescue but is it too late? Bobby shot? I have to admit I didn't feel a big sense of jeopardy there because even if Bobby dies he can always come back somehow. I mean, when people die on Show now it's sort of like when characters die in the comics. It's a "when will they come back?" wait thing.

I liked that we got a little bit of everything. An interesting hunt, some Leviathan to link to the bigger arc, some angst, humor, pretty everything show is known for (except no big brother moments). It was a nice mix. A solid episode, I thought.

Comment

Loved this episode!! And bobby better be ok...!! btw nice review over there ^^, found myslef thinking basicaly the same things!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎