No announcement yet.

The Christmas Special - it's...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Special - it's...

...The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe!

(or Doctor Who goes C.S. Lewis...sort of...)

Here's the trailer:

The BBC today announced that the 2011 Christmas Special of Doctor Who starring Matt Smith will be called "The Doctor, The Widow, & The Wardrobe."

Comment

I've just seen the trailer on Children in Need. I have to say it looks very Narniarish and I'm looking forward to watching it. Thanks for the link Craig.

Comment

Love it, think it looks great. Can't wait!

Comment

Counting the days. Can't wait to see Matt as The Doctor once again! The Christmas specials are always superb.

Comment

I know this is off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread and it is kind of related as the trailer was on at the same time. Did anyone see the Doctor on Children in Need? He was auctioning off his clothes....it was really funny!

Comment

^Yep, here it is for anyone who didn't:

The DoctorWhoNewsPage is reporting that the auction is already at £22,000+!

Comment

I have never seen the film that the title of the episode seems to refer to, but I hope this isn't too derivative.

*looks at title again*

oh gawd... XD

Comment

I'm sorry, I know this is only really very loosely connected to the Christmas special, but I had to share this video:

Matt and Karen playing Twister with a Cyberman. Best. Christmas. Ever.

Comment

I've met people who say The Next Doctor was rubbish and a horrible special. I thought it was very good. Not only that but I've enjoyed each Christmas special more than the last. Cannot wait to see the newest one.

Comment

I loved The Next Doctor on first viewing, but I have to admit I've enjoyed it less every time I've watched it since. I've never been too crazy about Voyage of the Damned either, but apart from that I like all the Christmas Specials. Last year's A Christmas Carol is my favourite, followed by The Runaway Bride.

Comment

Voyage is my favorite, mainly cause of Kylie. I do love them all though.

Comment

I think The Christmas Invasion should get a mention here...it was Tennant's debut

Comment

Oh yeah definitely. David proved himself with the first ep and was a made man afterwards.

Comment

If you want to talk about The Christmas Invasion, you have to mention Billie Piper. Everyone was waiting to see the new Doctor, and she carried that episode for about 40 minutes until the time was right. Great performance. I've mentioned in the past that I got tired of Rose from Series Two onwards, but Series One and The Christmas Invasion, love her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎