• Show
Clear All

• At First Flight

Title/Link: At First Flight
    Author: Hughie87
    Pairing: Chlollie/Chlark
    Rating: PG
    Warnings (if needed): None
    Spoilers (when applicable): One if you haven't seen the finale. *Psst. . . Clark saves the world.
    Short summary: A scene that should have been in the finale.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing but the pen I edit with.
    A/N: This is part Chlark, part Chlollie. A lot of us Chlarkers felt that Chloe should have been there to see Clark fly, but all we saw was Oliver. This is my very short take on that scene. I want to say, I mention Chlark here and I do believe that some part of Chloe will always love Clark. That being said I LOVE Chlollie and really respect the bond they share, so I hope that y'all enjoy this little snippet. Like I said, it's part Chlark/part Chlollie, but all about giving our girl her proper due.

Here in the youtube link to the scene I'm talking about:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNFKXl5JIK4&feature=related

At First Flight

Oliver watched Clark sailing high above the clouds as the Man of Steel pushed the planet out of Earth's atmosphere. People hugged and cried all around him and Oliver felt the joy that had been sucked out of Metropolis pour back in, filling up a vacant place inside all who lived in her borders.

"Way to go, Superman," Oliver muttered.

He heard the "oohs" and "aahs" all around him as people craned their necks up and shielded their eyes from the sun as they followed the familiar red-and-blue-blur as he shot back across the sky.

As Oliver wished Chloe could be here to watch her best friend finally fulfill his destiny and her dream for him, he felt a presence come to stand next to him and take his hand. He looked over, smiling brightly as his wife materialized out of thin air beside him.

"You made it," he said, tucking his arm around her and pulling her to his side.

"You didn't think I would miss Clark's maiden flight, did you?" Chloe replied as she wrapped an arm around Oliver's waist, leaning into him.

"You knew, didn't you?" Oliver asked, looking down at Chloe as she smiled impishly.

"The whole time," Chloe answered.

The two of them looked up and Oliver heard Chloe sigh. An unwelcome but familiar sense of inadequacy stole over him; a fear that he would never be able to measure up to Chloe's first and super-human love.

Chloe caught Oliver looking at her and turned her head, gazing back at him. "What?"

Oliver shook his head. "Nothing," he said with an easy smile.

Chloe's brow furrowed. "No, Oliver, what is it?"

Oliver took a deep breath and shot a look back at Clark who was barely a dot on the horizon now.

"I just wonder if you're still happy it was me at the end of the aisle instead Big Red Riding Hood up there?"

Chloe followed Oliver's eyes up and watched as Clark finally disappeared, the sense of astonishment he left his wake still palpable.

"You never forget your first Superhero," Chloe said softly, thinking back on all the years and memories she and Clark shared. She knew she would love him for the rest of her life and there would always be a part of her heart that belonged to Clark and Clark alone.

She gazed up Oliver, his strong jaw clenched as he looked off in the distance. She bit her lip and reached up, grasping Oliver's chin and pulling him to look her in the eye, their noses touching.

"But once you go Green, you never go back."

Oliver smiled, meeting his wife's lips in a kiss as Superman saved the world one more time.

Aww, I do feel for Ollie, but I love the way Chloe reassures him. This line is my favourite:
    "But once you go Green, you never go back."
    Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
      Aww, I do feel for Ollie, but I love the way Chloe reassures him. This line is my favourite:

Great job.
      Thanks, Leanne!!

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize how much I would have loved to have seen Chloe be there in that moment in the finale until I read this fic. This is how I'm going to remember that scene from now on. Very cool!!!

Comment

Wow. I didn't realize how disappointed I was that Chloe was not there until now. Thanks. I'm just not sure if I like Oliver mentioning Superman before Lois even if it was to himself. Unless Lois actually did call him Superman before than scene and I forgot. Anyways, I loved this and it would have been great in the finale.

Comment

Quite lovely and perfect way to fix that HUGE mistake in the Finale!

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎