0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Mash it up and throw it out.

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #3.6 "Mash Off"

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

#3.6 "Mash Off"

Talk about the 11/15/11 episode of Glee here! (If you want to do the Countdown/LIVE thing that's cool too, but no one has been lately)

Here are some pics: http://www.ksitetv.com/9762/see-sue-...lashback-pics/

We were special. Chlarkfan_phantom's Avatar
    This one actually seems like it's going to be a good episode.. we'll see.

I'm still not sure what I think...

New In Town
    I have to say, "Mash off" was the exact opposite of "First Time" in what I mean by that is where "First Time" had the heavy stuff pretty early on and ended with a happy sweet, note. This one began sweet and ended HEAVY. Great performances by everyone. Naya Rivera has the amazing ability as a performer, to have one feel sorry for Santana and the next second have no sympathy for her. There was no right or wrong person when it comes to Finn and Santana. On a side note, loved Puck's version of Hot For Teacher. Man did Idina Menzel look smokin' in that Teacher fantasy.

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

Too heavy of an ending for you?
    Last edited by WSK9002; 11-15-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by WSK9002 View Post
    Too heavy of an ending for you?
    No, I like heavy. I'm just trying to sort out my feelings about some things. Finn, Santana... mostly that... I want to be mad at Finn, but I'm not... it isn't his right to out her and she didn't deserve to be publicly outed in a TV add, but at the same time what Finn said was true and it wasn't his fault that she started a fight in public hurt him horribly and he kicked back, the person to blame I suppose is Pizza guy and the niece... it's just a hard one... I also guess Sue summed it up, eggs of hatred coming back to roost...
    Last edited by borednow; 11-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.

The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar
    Hrm. I liked "Rumor Has It," but the other musical stuff kind of fell flat. I can't take Puck seriously anymore because he looks the same age as Shelby. And now that we've had actual good male vocalists like Darren Criss, Finn's songs are kind of painful.

And again, someone steps out of the way for Saint Kurt!

Santana's storyline really worked for me last year but here the whole thing seems out of the blue. So what if they did have a lesbian cheerleader, who cares? I think people like Santana no matter who she is into. I really love it when Naya Rivera gets to sing.

I'm really hating Quinn and seeing no point to her right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post
    I'm really hating Quinn and seeing no point to her right now.
    I'm here with you.

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    I need to sleep on this one, and post my thoughts tomorrow. There are quite a few things I want to talk about. So til tomorrow.....

Alright Im the last person in the world to defend Finn or someone outing someone who doesnt want to be outed but I weirdly found myself on his side in this episode for the first time in well....ever! I accept Santana's bullying because its usually funny and not as much mean but entertaining, but the girl went way overboard in this episode. Not only verbally but physically in that dodgeball game. She was unbearably mean at the end of that and I found myself really disgusted with her behavior in that scene. Ok now back to the Finn and Santana scene. The way she just kept going at him non stop was enough to send anybody over the edge. I know from experience that when someone is constantly putting you down and then kicking you while your there sometimes its just a reflex to say the exact thing you know is going to hurt them. When you push someone enough they will eventually push back. And everything Finn said to her was right on the money. I guess it just sucks the fight had to be so public, but really whos fault is that? Santana was egging him on!

Now that brings me to the end of the episode, My heart broke for Santana when she saw that campaign video and ran out of the room crying and I was once again on the side of hating Finn at the end when Santana ran up to him after singing her song and asked him what he whispered to Rachel and after saying she was good he then proceeded to say "The whole school knows and no one cares" well Gee Finn whos fault is that?! Ok its a little bit of both of their fault, but I didnt like the way he said it to her. I found him rude in that scene.

And now I feel dirty for defending Finn. I need a shower! I cant wait for next week though, looks like its going to be good

Ok. I liked this episode better than last one but you're right. It started light and ended in a heavy tone. I still don't know how I feel about that. As for the Finn/Santana thing...well, I agree that Santana was like really pushing Finn with all the stuff she was saying, and well overall she was very harsh and top ten bully with everyone on this episode. The thing is that Finn blow was low. Lower than Santana's imo. Take Kurt and Karosfky. The bulling Kurt got from him wasn't that different. Karosfky's bulling was not only emotionally but also physical. He never punched Kurt perse but he was constantly pushing him around, trowing slushies at him, dumping him in the trash etc and it got to a point that Kurt had to transfer to Dalton. Did he outed David? no, he never did. He was even under way more emotional pressure that Finn was but he never outed Karosfky. And he so could. I'm not defending Santana by any means, it's just that imo on this particular case I think both Santana and Finn were wrong.

As for the rest of the episode:

-I really wanted to punch all the guys in the face lol Mr. Schue, Kurt, Finn and Puck. Like, aggghhh. Schue being a crappy teacher like always, sometimes it's really annoying how "cool" he want to be and it just came wrong. Then Kurt being all (like Craig so well put it) Saint Kurt and acting like a jerk with Rachel. Again. Finn for well, you know. And Puck...like seriously Puck?

-I enjoyed the TroubleTones mash up. I mean it's Adele, you can't do wrong with Adele. See Glee? this is how you should have worked with Coldplay! *pouts* The Shelby/Will duet was also cool though

-What Shelby said to Quinn was kinda hypocritical imo. Even more with what she's doing with Puck. That whole storyline bothers me tbh.

-Quinn's character make me sad, they are destroying that character and it's such a shame because she was one of my favs. Still is despite everything

- I LOVE RACHEL BERRY. The end.
    Last edited by Novak Fan; 11-16-2011 at 09:46 PM.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    This episode was just kind of 'meh' to me until the last 10 minutes (more on that in a bit).

So Rory's magically in Glee club now? He wasn't last ep., was he? And there he is in the group. Maybe I missed something.

Van Halen "Hot For Teacher". Knew that was coming. Puck was...um, yeah. And his list "you're hot", "I'm hot"? No.

Fin''s bit where he says they should give to the new guy and he's looking (seemingly) at Blaine and then says Rory? Wow. What exactly is Finn's problem with Blaine anyway? And then Blaine being so nice and supportive and everything. He's so sweet.

Dodgeball. I was already cringing. Like Kurt I have a deep dislike of the game and have been tormented by kids during it. Then here comes this rockin' mash-up of Pat Benatar and Blondie and I lost myself to the music. And then the jarring super-slams and poor Rory bleeding. Yikes. To go from a song I loved to that? Disturbing.

Santana and her super-slams of Finn and how he retaliated. Finn as wrong but so was Santana. So much for her telling Mercedes she'd play nice.

The Hall and Oates number may give me nightmares for the rest of my life. The mustaches alone--!

The speeches (Britt wants to make tornadoes illegal? What?), including Kurt's condemnation of dodgeball and Rachel pulling out of the race and endorsing Kurt was interesting. Solves the dilemma for Finn of who to vote for, anyway. But the moment I was proudest of was when Will actually acted like a real teacher and shushed the jocks and their group for their behavior. If he would do that more often maybe it would help more!

The Hummelberry friendship restored.

Okay, the Santana scene. Did you really think that no one had heard in the hallway? (We clearly saw a Cheerio react, after all.) I did feel sorry for her but she did sort of bring it on herself at the same time, acting the way she did. Glee Club has this tendency to forget how mean Santana can be (didn't she 'out' Kurt, after all?). But not even Santana deserved that. And it was nice to see Sue take responsibility.

Then her paranoia with Finn was so on. But for slapping him, she should get into some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak Fan View Post
    Take Kurt and Karosfky. The bulling Kurt got from him wasn't that different. Karosfky's bulling was not only emotionally but also physical. He never punched Kurt perse but he was constantly pushing him around, trowing slushies at him, dumping him in the trash etc and it got to a point that Kurt had to transfer to Dalton. Did he outed David? no, he never did. He was even under way more emotional pressure that Finn was but he never outed Karosfky. And he so could. I'm not defending Santana by any means, it's just that imo on this particular case I think both Santana and Finn were wrong.
    Well I guess You could make the arguement that since Kurt is an actual gay kid himself, he knows what outing his bully would do to him. No matter the situation, Kurt still understood Kurofsky in a way. Finn doesnt know what its really like for most gay kids in High School so he thinks outing Santana isnt that big of a deal. It doesnt make it right by any means, but more understandable that he wouldnt see the backlash he might have caused.
    - I LOVE RACHEL BERRY. The end.
    Word! She will always be my hero

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    So Rory's magically in Glee club now? He wasn't last ep., was he? And there he is in the group. Maybe I missed something.
    At the end of Pot-O-Gold Finn had him try out for Glee club. And although there were no actual Glee club scenes in last weeks ep, he was in the West Side Story play. He had like 1 line

Quote Originally Posted by KSiteTV View Post

Santana's storyline really worked for me last year but here the whole thing seems out of the blue. So what if they did have a lesbian cheerleader, who cares? I think people like Santana no matter who she is into. I really love it when Naya Rivera gets to sing.
    I agree and disagree at the same. Santana's storyline feel recycled at this point,yes. Especially with Kurt and Karosfky like the "original" gay characters in the show. Kurt coming out, Karosfky's struggle by being gay, getting frustrated and acting like a bully...everything of that already happened. One could say that with Santana we'll have a different view on this issue because she's a girl, but yeah, her storyline really have worked better for me last year as well.
    On the other hand... in a small town that Lima seems to be no matter who you are, I think people could be bothered by her being a lesbian even more with Sue being on politics atm.

Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Well I guess You could make the arguement that since Kurt is an actual gay kid himself, he knows what outing his bully would do to him. No matter the situation, Kurt still understood Kurofsky in a way. Finn doesnt know what its really like for most gay kids in High School so he thinks outing Santana isnt that big of a deal. It doesnt make it right by any means, but more understandable that he wouldnt see the backlash he might have caused.

Well, Kurt is his stepbrother and while I agree that their point of view isn't the same, I'm pretty sure he has at least an idea of how of a big deal was what he said and where he said it. He did it in the heat of the moment, I can give him that. But I think he knew.

Either way the thing with this whole Finn outing Santana is the show making you sympathize with the bullies again. It's something I just tend to ignore because this is Glee and sometimes things doesn't make sense lol but really, if you think about it, it's true. Puck, Finn, Santana, Quinn, even Brittany have been bullies of the others gleeks at some point, some of them still are (Santana lol) but still none of them have really apologized for their behavior and they all just have been simply forgiven. By them and by the fandom.
    Last edited by Novak Fan; 11-17-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak Fan View Post
    Well, Kurt is his stepbrother and while I agree that their point of view isn't the same, I'm pretty sure he has at least an idea of how of a big deal was what he said and where he said it. He did it in the heat of the moment, I can give him that. But I think he knew.
    Well since he seemed to think that everybody already knew, I'm not sure. I mean it wasn't something he got from sneaking in on some private conversation it was something, he Finn, captain oblivious, figured out from the way Santana acted. Which from that POV I can see why he would think everyone already knew, so it wouldn't be a big deal to mention it. Since his lash back wasn't actually "Yeah well your gay and in denial!" but rather that she was miserably in love with someone she thought didn't love her back... being outing her as gay... I don't think Finn was even thinking of it in that way at all. I hope that made sense...

Yeah, you do make sense lol I understand that POV and I'm not defending Santana it's just that personally I always have thought that Finn isnt that oblivious/clueless like he want others to believe. He can scheme and manipulate better than he seems capable of doing. Like that time he used Rachel's feelings for him to make her come back to Glee, or just recently, when he told Rory what to do so he could spy on the other team. Just two examples. That's why is hard for me to believe that he was totally clueless. Not because the way he said, mostly because what he said. Maybe he didn't mean it to outed her (sp?) perse but he knew where to give the proverbial jab to Santana. Hopes that makes sense as well lol

And like I said, I'm not defending Santana either. I mean, she's a bully and just because she's hurting with her own problems that doesn't make it ok. Like someone else said, she not only went verbally but physically over board in that dodgeball game. IMO If Santana was not gay and the roles were reversed ... she would have a field day with whoever was on the other side of the fence. She didn't deserved to be outed like that but she did deserve something coming to her just because her actions alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast