0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Awful

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

#3.5 "The First Time"

Well, nobody did the Live chat, but you can still talk about it here if you choose.

A preview article with some spoilers as well as images and more can be found at KSiteTV: http://www.ksitetv.com/category/glee/

Definitely the best of season 3... perhaps one of the best in the entire series.

A new high, didn't get pissed off once.

New In Town
    That's what I am feeling, this is probably a high point for the series. For me being a young man in a wheelchair and being an aspiring writer, I loved Artie's monologue, because I, myself have felt what he was talking about in that scene backstage. I also felt Mike's scene with his father was very real and very close to my experiences with my own family. Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Cory Monieth, and Chris Colfer all did very good performances. Maybe Cory Monieth's finest performance so far in his career with Glee. In closing this ep. is why I love Glee.

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    I felt dirty and ashamed after watching this episode which I guess is fitting considering the Virginity storyline

The only good parts:
    -Kurofsky!!!! Man does he have his sh!t together or what?! He seemed so content and at ease with everything in his life. He was Calm, cool and Collected. Giving Kurt some gay advice. It was truely a fantastic scene. I hope we see him again soon I really missed him
    -Puck admitting he thought Rachel was going to lose her virginity to him first.
    *sigh* I wish Puck, but thanks for saying it out loud!
    -Beistes storyline was nothing short of awesome! So happy she has a love interest now. It was really beautiful.
    -Anytime Darren Criss danced His dancing always cracks me up. I love it
    -Almost Zero amounts of Shue!

The Bad:
    -Artie man your sceeving me out with the Virginity talk! Stop acting like a cocky bastard and leave them alone! He was pissing me off like crazy!
    -Rachel giving it up to Finn! That was OOC for her and I dont appreciate that! My beautiful perfect Rachel gave it up to a man that couldnt even remember she was a Vegan
    -Finn not caring enough to remember Rachel is a Vegan and fed her actual meat. Ugh how could anybody think they belong together?!

I have more opinions of this ep but I was just about to go to bed when I decided to post this so most of the things I wanted to type I forgot. Ill try and think of them tomorrow.

I am not sure how I feel about this episode. Mercedes is the only series regular teenager who has not lost her virginity. I feel like sometimes the writers of this show forget that they are writing about teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Degobunny View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about this episode. Mercedes is the only series regular teenager who has not lost her virginity. I feel like sometimes the writers of this show forget that they are writing about teens.
    Well Emma is kind of a regular and shes still a virgin which I find completely ridiculous her being a virgin now over people like Rachel and Kurt. Its just.....Its not realistic at all! And very frustrating!

Plus, since Mercedes wasnt in that "Celibacy Club" meeting with the other girls and we know shes in a relationship with a Jock no less, she could very well have lost her virginity already. We dont know either way. Hell, she could have lost it to Sam for all we know!

Ummm not to be rude but when has Glee, the musical highschool show, ever been exactly realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by borednow View Post
    Ummm not to be rude but when has Glee, the musical high school show, ever been exactly realistic?
    lol you have a point but sometimes they go too far. Like, something that bothers me about this episode was...why they have to be , erhm, sexually experienced to be able to play believable characters that already went through that? I mean, you don't have to kill someone to make a believable killer right? lol that argument was, well pardon my language, stupid. Besides, they are in high school for God's sake Artie. And the fact that it was Artie, of all people, telling them that it was more laughable. NOT because her condition, simply because he's a geek just like Rachel and even Blaine. He only got through that first because he was dating Brittany.Maybe that was the whole point for the writers? being sarcastic on the entire issue? either way, he was very acquiescent imo.

-I liked Bestie's plot as well. She's a very lovable character and she really make you feel her struggles and sadness. Her storyline made me all teary.

-I was so glad to see Karosfky! I really love his scenes. Like I have said before, Max Hadler always make such an awesome job with the few scenes he has. I'm glad he's kind of a reformed bully now, but I liked him even before :P Yeah...I was really happy to see him again and it was def one of my favorite parts of this episode.

-Rachel/Lea singing. Wow. TBH, when it came out on the internet, I wasn't really crazy about the Santana/Rachel duet like most people seemed to be. But damn, Lea never disappoint and Naya/Santana did a very decent job singing with her.

-The "America" performance was nice, group numbers are always my favorites but I liked that on this one they focused on different people (Santana, Puck, Tina etc)

-I agree with Amanda. Finn forgetting that Rachel is vegan was... ugghh. And sorry, but Rachel was with him only because he was sad and depressed. And I hate the fact that they made the whole thing about him. Again.

-"Uptown girl" have to be the lamest performance on Glee story ever lol and they showed the whole number? Seriously, I didn't mind the Warblers that much before but showing the whole performance was pointless and boring. Blaine wasn't even singing! *palm face*

-Also, omg you guys! Tina had screen time and more than one line! Even if it was to convince Rachel (thanks a lot Tina btw lol) but damn, about time!

All and all it was an ok episode. I loved all the WSS scenes. All of them. I couldn't go that far to say that it was the best on the entire series, but it was good.
    Last edited by Novak Fan; 11-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borednow View Post
    Ummm not to be rude but when has Glee, the musical highschool show, ever been exactly realistic?
    Well never really, but some things are just more realistic than others. Some things I can actually believe if I squint my eyes hard enough and others are just way out of the ball park its like they are writing for 2 different shows sometimes.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    I thought this episode had some good stuff and some not so good stuff.

Good--
    Bieste getting flirty and flirted with. Lovely.

The shocking reveal that Tina's not a virgin anymore. The matter-of-fact way she said it and just her glow-y talk. Very nice.

The Karofsky stuff. He's come a long way.

Mike Chang's moments.

The cuts between the kids and the musical. Very nice work there.

Blaine and Kurt's scene in the empty auditorium after the show. Just terrific. Some of Darren's best work, I thought.

And finally, that we focused on Finn again. I'm not the biggest Finn fan by a long shot but I have been feeling like he's been getting the short end of the stick lately. It's nice to see a storyline that's got him focusing on his future.

The bad--
    Um, Blaine, Kurt said no. That's when you stop. Anyone else bothered by that scene in the car? I get that Blaine was drunk but Kurt said no and even pushed him away and still he was trying. That bothered me.

Speaking of being bothered, Britt's statement with the girls about her first time? Disturbing. About the guy who took her virginity just getting into her sleeping bag with her or whatever the line was. Um, I was all .

And Artie was kinda creepy with the sex talk and probing into (even teachers!) sex lives. And since when can't you portray something without having done it? That's why it's called acting!

So I guess more good than bad but the bad stuff was really disturbing...

The first episode I've watched of Glee in a while. And it was really good. Klaine, Naya and West Side Story FTW
    Emma and Will are still vomit worthy so I'm glad they had very little dialogue in the episode.
    Bieste, what a sweet scene! Get it, girl. :')

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty
    And Artie was kinda creepy with the sex talk and probing into (even teachers!) sex lives. And since when can't you portray something without having done it? That's why it's called acting!
    I also found Artie to be creepy in this episode. And I haven't seen any episode to judge, but what is up with his ego/divatude? It was also so lame how everyone was praising him at the end, when I found him to be acting like a jerk to them throughout the episode o_0
    And I know his reason was because he was insecure and stressed, but the writers seem to do this a lot where if Kurt or, now Artie do something wrong there's an excuse followed by a violin and all is forgiven. But if Santana or Rachel do something, they're just ridiculed. Double standards..

Speaking of being bothered, Britt's statement with the girls about her first time? Disturbing. About the guy who took her virginity just getting into her sleeping bag with her or whatever the line was. Um, I was all .
    Yeah I cringed at that too!! I don't see why they would think of that as funny, but it looked like they meant it to be. o_O
    Last edited by LuthorKent90; 11-11-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    Well Emma is kind of a regular and shes still a virgin which I find completely ridiculous her being a virgin now over people like Rachel and Kurt. Its just.....Its not realistic at all! And very frustrating!

Plus, since Mercedes wasnt in that "Celibacy Club" meeting with the other girls and we know shes in a relationship with a Jock no less, she could very well have lost her virginity already. We dont know either way. Hell, she could have lost it to Sam for all we know!
    I just do not know if I agree with the message this show is sending anymore. I feel GLEE in addition to being a club, is suppose to keep the kids in the club on the right track, at least until the end of high school. But if we look what has happened to kids in GLEE club, the majority of the time it feels like GLEE has made there lives worse. Kurt seems to be the only one who has a better life now, and that is part because he left the club and the school. It feels like GLEE is just a huge tangled ball of drama now. The show has lost a lot of the innocence and spunk it had in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Degobunny View Post
    I just do not know if I agree with the message this show is sending anymore. I feel GLEE in addition to being a club, is suppose to keep the kids in the club on the right track, at least until the end of high school. But if we look what has happened to kids in GLEE club, the majority of the time it feels like GLEE has made there lives worse. Kurt seems to be the only one who has a better life now, and that is part because he left the club and the school. It feels like GLEE is just a huge tangled ball of drama now. The show has lost a lot of the innocence and spunk it had in season 1.
    Honestly, I dont think the show ever really sent a good message. But I always loved this show because I never had to take it too seriously, it was fun and quirky but it kind of lost its pluck and eccentricity especially this season. Of course it doesnt help having bad teachers like Mr. Shue in charge of things like Glee club either.

We were special. Chlarkfan_phantom's Avatar
    So umm. I don't ship either Finchel or Klaine sooo... this episode was kinda meh for me

The Good

-AMERICA
    -Artie's speech. Oh how I love Artie. It warmed my heart finally seeing him happy for a bit. Kevin was so cutee.
    -the Kurtofsky scene. Oh man I love them :')
    -Bieste's mini speech
    -The fact that they actually followed up on Mike's father disapproving of him dancing.
    -The scene when Finn is in the shower and pounding on the wall. That was greatly done by Cory.
    -The scene where he explains to Rachel that he wouldn't be recruited. Once again, amazing job by Cory.
    -no Mr. Shue

The Bad

-the fact that Kurt still slept with Blaine even after Blaine tried to force him. The whole part of that just.. urgh it just bothers me. That is a horrible message.
    -the Warblers being back. No. Just... no.
    -The fact that they ruined my Pezberry song with cutting it with the Blastian/Seblaine scene. ;__; I do not want to see Blaine when they're singing a great song.
    -the fact that Finn had Rachel eat meat. Way to go there buddy.

Hoping next week is better *crosses fingers*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast