0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - Bad

0 0%
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

#2.4 "Cherokee Rose"

You know the drill... count down, then talk about the episode live while it airs (if you're around)... then let this be the episode thread

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    2 Hours and 42 minutes!!!

Still no girl.

Did everybody bail on the Walking Dead already????

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    I could never bail on this show, but my computer is broken so I wasnt sure When I would be able to make it on here.

Was it just me or did Ricks group look at Shane during the eulogy with a look of disbelief when he was spouting out that lie about Otis. They all kind of just looked up and looked over to him and had this look on their faces like they knew he was lieing about what happened that night. I Really hope they see threw the facade soon.

Oh and Maggie and Glenn are pretty adorable

And now.........Ricks wife is pregnant?????????????

I haven't watched this show before but the title of "Cherokee Rose" drew me to tune in. In "The Walking Dead," A mother's child lost was a good way to introduce the Cherokee Rose and the Trail of Tears. To continue what wasn't said: Land, farms, homes were taken away from the Cherokee in the Southeastern part of the U.S. after gold was discovered. They were rounded up by soldiers and put in stockades where some died of sickness before they even left. In 1838, sixteen thousand Cherokees began their journey of hundreds of miles to Eastern Oklahoma where land awaited that was far inferior to their homeland. Terrible conditions with the cold of winter, they walked the Trail of Tears as it became known where 4,000 men, women and children lost their lives. A sad time in American history. I have a Cherokee heritage and much of my mother's family lives in E. Oklahoma today.

For those that didn't see the show, here is the Legend of the Cherokee Rose.....

When the Trail of Tears started in 1838, the mothers of the Cherokee were grieving and crying so much, they were unable to help their children survive the journey. The elders prayed for a sign that would lift the mother’s spirits to give them strength. The next day a beautiful rose began to grow where each of the mother’s tears fell. The rose is white for their tears; a gold center represents the gold taken from Cherokee lands, and seven leaves on each stem for the seven Cherokee clans. The wild Cherokee Rose grows along the route of the Trail of Tears into eastern Oklahoma today.

As far as the show itself, I watched the last two episodes so I'm coming in late but I gather these people, who are on the run from the zombies, have lost much and it looks quite hopeless with the threat coming their way. It seems like some have almost given up the will to live and survive. A young girl is missing, a boy was shot accidentally and survived, and they are camping on property owned by a man willing to help out. I'm assuming the upcoming episodes will be the trials and tribulations of survival. Zombies aren't really my cup of tea with the vivid killing, blood and cuts of it all but I think the normal people overcoming adversity, survival of the fittest, making the best of a impossible situation makes for an interesting story. I'm thinking about following this show to see how it proceeds if I can take the violence part, that is.

I ♥ and Miss you Jim MannaBanana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfort1957 View Post
    And now.........Ricks wife is pregnant?????????????
    And the disgusted look on Glens face when he handed Lori the test told me he knew the baby wasnt Ricks. I mean if Rick hasnt been with the group for more than a few weeks, everybody is going to know it as well. Anybody know how long its been since Rick reunited with his family?

^^I wondered why she didn't look very happy about being pregnant. I thought it might be not wanting to bring a baby into the world with zombies. So, who is the daddy?

It's Shane's baby. My prediction last week was false, albeit partially redeemed in us now learning of this.

Either it's Shane's baby and Lori's reaction is that of fear (in that the truth will be known to the parties involved, eventually, and create alot of tension), or it's Rick's second baby and Lori's reaction is that of a normal mother in the zombie apocalypse (in that she can't bear the thought of raising a newborn under the world's now grim conditions).

Quote Originally Posted by MannaBanana View Post
    And the disgusted look on Glens face when he handed Lori the test told me he knew the baby wasnt Ricks. I mean if Rick hasnt been with the group for more than a few weeks, everybody is going to know it as well. Anybody know how long its been since Rick reunited with his family?
    He's been around long enough she might get away with it................saying the baby was early because of all the stress she's been through. I can only imagine a little baby with Shane's head on it! I may have to blow chips now!

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

And if I had bet on which charater got "lucky" this week..............Glen would have been the last on my list!
    Last edited by jpfort1957; 11-07-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost