Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Ordinary People?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it a 10! Not just coz the starting explanations abt the whole vampire and warewolf origins but mostly coz it was clear that besides all the hate and anger and despise betwee the brothers, even besdes Elena, they trully love eachother!1 Loved the Damon?Stefan scenes and the final sDelena scene.

Now, besides all the doubts that were pointed out in previious quotes (Katherine, ring, etc..) I have one more:
    The cave drawings, I mean, who drew the Original Momīs death? Klaus, Mickael? And how come Rebecka and Elijah are not awared that Klaus is the one to blame?
    Oh, and why Klaus didnīr turn into a warewolf before he was turned into vampire? Coz he didnīt use to turn right?

Comment

Originally posted by rej@ne
      I gave it a 10! Not just coz the starting explanations abt the whole vampire and warewolf origins but mostly coz it was clear that besides all the hate and anger and despise betwee the brothers, even besdes Elena, they trully love eachother!1 Loved the Damon?Stefan scenes and the final sDelena scene.

Now, besides all the doubts that were pointed out in previious quotes (Katherine, ring, etc..) I have one more:
      The cave drawings, I mean, who drew the Original Momīs death? Klaus, Mickael? And how come Rebecka and Elijah are not awared that Klaus is the one to blame?
      Oh, and why Klaus didnīr turn into a warewolf before he was turned into vampire? Coz he didnīt use to turn right?
      yeah I was wondering who drew that too, I don't believe it was Klaus would brag like that. Maybe we're assuming that because Becky & Klaus carved their names into the wall, that they did all of the drawings. If it wasn't them, my guess is it was the 2nd witch.

This family doesn't communicate well at all I'm not surprised the magnificent bastard Klaus was able to twist everything around without anyone catching on.

Klaus never killed anyone before he was turned. He never triggered the curse.

Comment

My station kept acting up during the flashbacks and Rebekah/Elena scenes but it was fine whenever Stefan and Damon were on screen! That was so freaky!

Anyway. Good backstory. Felt bad for Rebekah.. I just don't like that Elena keeps bringing out the humanity in all these vampires! It's so predictable already! Why not have Jeremy hook up with Rebekah or something.

Comment

I can only love an episode as long as it value doesn't decrease...I think the Originals' origins kind of go to the extreme of explaining their whole story and where would that leave room to tell anything secrets in a hopeful spin-off? It's nice to see Elena's witch friend getting a great supporting storyline in spite of the focus on the brothers and elena fight to rid the Mystic fall of much more evil vampires. "lol!" Though with Mickael having a lazarus moment there spins another layer of cotton on a stick. Quite frankly with this episode proving or whether showing the shift in focuses from high school teen drama to grown up life or death situations, It's by time to swallow the fluff drama from season 1 and parts of two and get to the juicy meat. The Elena/Katherine thing it's quite comical, dramatic and interesting at times. I feel there are more bodies hiddden in the closet then Katherine let be known to her lively heir and her past with the grimmacing brothers Stefan and Damon with their "Oh, the humanity of being an immortal blood-sucking free spirit" attitude.

Another thing I would like to know is...why call them The Originals. If the spirit have turned them into creatures of the night then can we assumed that their are vampires before they're link in the dog chain. Just like there's is now an original witch could their also be an original werewolf and I wonder how the Lockwoods could fit into that plot, if true. I love a show that gives you the power to reel in the possibilities and ask the big fish questions.

Comment

I really liked this one. I always enjoy the flashbacks. This one particularly b/c of the whole Rebekah being deceived for so long story. That last scene with her was emotional and her performance was really good. I loved the way her face fell as she reflected on the truthfulness of what Elena revealed to her. Plus I always love it when a hard, proud character finally breaks down and shows us where they are vulnerable. Good drama. I expect that in the end she might not make it out alive, but I hope that she gets to confront Klaus and bring him to his knees...he's all jacked up. Boo on him! I wish that Elena wouldn't have been so cold and persistent with her though. I was hoping that she'd be a little more of the friendly type of manipulator. For instance, when Rebekah tried to persuade Elena to snoop in Stefan's room, instead of being all "get to the story, blah, blah" she should have been like, "sure...why not...." B/C we all know Elena is totally down with snooping. I would have rather enjoyed seeing Elena connect with Rebekah and have something in common with her. But, whatever, it's not that big a deal. I loved the fact that they are going with the Family Bond to save Stefan. I was really hoping they would. To me that is more true and powerful a story than the one-year-romantic-interest being his aid to recovery. I think family should definitely come first and I love that for Stefan it is Damon who he cares for most of all. Doesn't get much sweeter than that. I am looking forward to more brother moments. Also, that last scene with Elena and Damon in bed...I loved that when she pointed out the fact that it will clearly be Stefan's love for Damon that saves him, Damon reacted in a positive way. The look was in his eyes and I loved that he showed us some really sincere feeling there for his little brother. Great stuff. My one major upset....why the super early and long break?!! I can't take it.

Comment

Weren't there seven siblings? I thought Elijah mentioned that last season and that he and Klaus were the only ones left.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
                Well, I'm not going that far. Did you hear the reveal that he actually killed his mother and lied to Rebecca?
                I will believe it when Klaus confirms it himself. I'm not going to take some cave wall paintings that Elena translated as fact. Michael is still a likely suspect. He killed the werewolf she had an affair with and his family as well. So why not kill his wife for cheating on him?

Maybe the resistance to sunlight came with age?
                I read on another forum that it hurts them, but doesn't kill them. Just like how Elijah healed from the vervain and how he didn't die from the stake. Elijah was also seen wearing a ring.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Superboy2
                Weren't there seven siblings? I thought Elijah mentioned that last season and that he and Klaus were the only ones left.
                Ya, there are seven siblings. The youngest one died in the flashback and they didn't show the other three because they don't want to reveal all of them at once and save them for later.
                Last edited by Dexter; 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by j-peezy
                  I really liked this one. I always enjoy the flashbacks. This one particularly b/c of the whole Rebekah being deceived for so long story. That last scene with her was emotional and her performance was really good. I loved the way her face fell as she reflected on the truthfulness of what Elena revealed to her. Plus I always love it when a hard, proud character finally breaks down and shows us where they are vulnerable.
                  I enjoyed it as well, the story really made me sympathise with Rebekah's character and IA the actress did a good job

I loved the fact that they are going with the Family Bond to save Stefan. I was really hoping they would. To me that is more true and powerful a story than the one-year-romantic-interest being his aid to recovery. I think family should definitely come first and I love that for Stefan it is Damon who he cares for most of all. Doesn't get much sweeter than that. I am looking forward to more brother moments. Also, that last scene with Elena and Damon in bed...I loved that when she pointed out the fact that it will clearly be Stefan's love for Damon that saves him, Damon reacted in a positive way. The look was in his eyes and I loved that he showed us some really sincere feeling there for his little brother. Great stuff.
                  This! as much as I like Stelena, I'm so Team Salvatore and this has made me very happy, in the end Damon will save him, just like Stefan saved him

In that DE scene I also liked Elena's line about Rebekah loving blindly.....I feel this mirrored Damon as well, the way Elena looked at Damon in that moment.

Comment

So is Rebekah the only daughter?

Comment

We haven't seen all the siblings yet so there could be another daughter.

Comment

I wonder if the youngest brother was secretly turned into something. So what can Klaus do as a hybrid that his siblings nor other werewolves/vampires can do? I think I missed one or two episodes of season 2 and didn't catch it.

Comment

The youngest brother was killed by the werewolves and the witch said they weren't able to bring him back. As for Klaus, we know that he can turn werewolves into hybrids. We also know that the dagger doesn't kill him like it kills his siblings. He doesn't need a ring to walk in the sunlight and his blood cures werewolf bites. We can probably assume he is much stronger and faster now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                            Save the best for last! It's interesting the "number" of siblings, 7. Such a spiritial, religious and magical number it makes you wonder if all seven could unite what could happen? Maybe, ultimately another way to break the sun curse and just maybe the moon one as well...that is saying if possible since one sibling is shown dead unless family relations (Michael) could be a possible link to break the chains that bind the curse.

Who is really the killer of the mother/ wife/ original witch...Daddy or Klaus? ...or one of the other siblings? You can see that the sister was truly in tears remembering the past. Could she have known all along? Or could she have done the dastardly deed and commited matricide? Questions I shall wait in see be answer in future episodes.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎