No announcement yet.

#2.3 "Save The Last One"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2.3 "Save The Last One"

Talk about the 10/30/11 episode of The Walking Dead here!
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

One thing I like about AMC, they show the previous eppisode before the new eppisode. "Save the Last One" has started out better than the last eppisode!

Comment

The first thought I had when I saw Shane shaving his head in the beginning was that he threw Otis to the Walkers in order to save his own ass and escape the school. He had an extra dose of creepy douche in his eyes in that scene. But wow it was way worse than I had originally thought. I thought he would just shove him towards the walkers as they were drawing near but he actually shot him! Theres no saving this guy.

Comment

The "zombie pinata" was different, but Shane feeding Otis to the zombies was insane. He could have just shot Otis in the head so he wouldn't suffer.

Comment

^ The Zombie Pinata made me laugh at first! I mean seriously what kind of idiot doesnt know to shot himself in the head in order to not turn into a Zombie While IN a Zombie Apocolypse?! He knew the bite would turn him and he knew the bite turns into a fever before the big change but he didnt have the common sense to shot himself in the head? Oh boy!

Comment

In this zombie world.......................do you have to be bitten to become a zombie...........or do recently dead reanimate also?????

Comment

I'm watching the episode now... a few minutes late start... first comment? I love the theme music.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                In this zombie world.......................do you have to be bitten to become a zombie...........or do recently dead reanimate also?????
                I'm the comics anyone who dies become a zombie. No idea if is the same in the series, at least the characters doesn't know this yet....

This ep was really good, i didn't like that much the previous eps. But this was really good...

Comment

I knew i did not like Shane now I am sure I don't as mentioned above if he felt he had to throw him to the zombies (which still would make me hate him) he could have at least shot him in the head to prevent suffering, it would still allow the Zombies to eat him but he would not suffer or re-animate

I thought at first before the flash back to what he did with the other guy that he had been bitten when he was looking at his shoulder and his head. It was way worse though!

Comment

Hmm...

While I will not argue the moral line that Shane seems to live by, as he has definitely done some wrong, but I have some questions and I'm curious to see how this is going to pan out.

My thoughts...

Carl is actually Shane's son, not Rick's. This would explain Lori's speech to Rick about Carl possibly being better off having died in that bed. Rick said it best...she basically pulled a 180 in her attitude/outlook overnight. I truly believe that Lori loves Rick (and is 'in' love with Rick)...but something happened between her and Shane, and that something is more than what we currently know. If Carl is Shane's son, that might also help to explain why he did what he did to Otis. Something is really ripping Shane apart, emotionally. If everything that Rick has said about Shane is true, then I refuse to believe that Shane would just go off of the deep end like that. Let's not forget what Shane did to ED last season...am I the only one that cheered at that?

Shane is absolutely the most complex character of this show. Lori is second. Coincidence?

Comment

Ok ep, had its moments. For a show with short seasons though you'd think they'd move plots along a bit quicker. Seems sort of a waste of time to draw out the injured Carl storyline for two full eps. But at least the eps weren't bad.

There was one dumb scene, that was when Shane was going out the window. How exactly did or could a zombie surprise him? He knew zombies were behind him, yet he wasn't paying attention? All he was concerned about was the ground below? Didn't make sense. Just a dramatic way to make Shane injured after the drop...

What Shane did to Otis seemed kind of extreme but they were both done for, this way one had a chance to live to go back and save Carl. Shane couldn't count on Otis to do what needed to be done, there was no time for discussion or anything like that so can't really blame the guy given the situation. Besides, Otis was the reason they were there to begin with -- he shot Carl.

The "zombie pinata" was different, but Shane feeding Otis to the zombies was insane. He could have just shot Otis in the head so he wouldn't suffer.
                      Maybe he wanted him alive and kicking to make him more attractive to the zombies or something...if Otis is moving and making noises, etc, fighting back, zombies would pay him more attention and take more time with him, giving Shane more time to escape. If he just straight up executed Otis, Otis would be a lifeless corpse, and some of the zombies may have ignored him and continued after Shane or something. Or then again, maybe he just wanted Otis to suffer for shooting Carl...heh.

Originally posted by luisl
                      I'm the comics anyone who dies become a zombie. No idea if is the same in the series, at least the characters doesn't know this yet....
                      I seem to recall the characters finding dead people in their cars on the highway that weren't zombies, just corpses. I can't remember if these corpses had head wounds though (as head/brain damage means death to zombies of course). The guy that hanged himself in the woods had his legs eaten by zombies so that could be why he turned. Doesn't seem very clear...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎