Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Hours

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Thanks for the comments. I hope this year has been off to a great start for all of you!! Here is a little snippet...Enjoy!

Laundry Day

Clark loved laundry day. Well, when it was Chloe’s turn. That occurred about every other week after work on Fridays. It was one of the only times when he could genuinely give Chloe a hard time for all the times she messed with him. It was purely out of love. Honestly. It always started out the same way. Clark maintained this by sincerely, scout’s honor, promising that he wouldn’t do it again, but he always did. Surprisingly, Chloe fell for it each time. She had some kind of hope that he would stay true to his word. It wasn’t her fault that she fell for it: always seemed like he was going to cooperate, but he didn’t.

The first time was obvious. He just hid for an hour and made her look for him. But for the subsequent times, he was clever. Clark would carry on as if it were any other day, helping her to gather their clothes. Then, just as she’d finish separating the clothes, he’d find his Superman suit and take off with it. Then she’d spend an obscene amount of time searching for him so that she could wash it.

One article of clothes is no big deal and Chloe wasn’t anal about things like that. But she did have a serious problem with Clark flying around in his Superman suit when it didn’t look pristine. “It should glean in the sun and light up the night” she’d say when she’d take it out of the dryer. If there was a rip, it had to be fixed. If it got destroyed, it had to be replaced by their trusted source. And she would not stand for a stain. It was quite strange. She didn’t even fully understand why it bothered her.

Whatever the reason, it was a perfect ploy for Clark. Sometimes he’d make her think he was in the apartment and then call from a foreign country just to hear her whine. Upon reflection, Clark wondered what kind of person this made him, but it was too funny to stop doing.

However, he wasn’t sure the best part was working Chloe’s nerves. When she’d finally find him, he’d usually perched on the sofa in plain sight or lying on the bed with a grin on his face that belonged to a bratty child. He’d always be wearing it so she’d be forced to just strip it off of him. Clark loved laundry day, even though laundry never got done until the next day.

**Tell me what you think**

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony2011
      **Thanks for the comments.
      As always, you're very welcome.

I hope this year has been off to a great start for all of you!!
      So far, I'd have to say yes, things are pretty great. I hope the new year is treating you well and that it continues to do so for the remainder.

Here is a little snippet...Enjoy!
      I shall.

Laundry Day

Clark loved laundry day. Well, when it was Chloe’s turn. That occurred about every other week after work on Fridays. It was one of the only times when he could genuinely give Chloe a hard time for all the times she messed with him.
      Chlark play practical jokes on each other?! Sounds like something they would do.

It was purely out of love. Honestly. It always started out the same way. Clark maintained this by sincerely, scout’s honor, promising that he wouldn’t do it again, but he always did. Surprisingly, Chloe fell for it each time. She had some kind of hope that he would stay true to his word. It wasn’t her fault that she fell for it: always seemed like he was going to cooperate, but he didn’t.
      I wonder if Chloe's constantly falling for Clark's pranks is due to her optimism that he'll eventually grow up or that she really likes Clark's games and purposely plays along with them.

The first time was obvious. He just hid for an hour and made her look for him.
      Clark hiding from his wife is so childish, but picturing him doing it is hilarious!!

But for the subsequent times, he was clever. Clark would carry on as if it were any other day, helping her to gather their clothes. Then, just as she’d finish separating the clothes, he’d find his Superman suit and take off with it. Then she’d spend an obscene amount of time searching for him so that she could wash it.

One article of clothes is no big deal and Chloe wasn’t anal about things like that. But she did have a serious problem with Clark flying around in his Superman suit when it didn’t look pristine. “It should glean in the sun and light up the night” she’d say when she’d take it out of the dryer. If there was a rip, it had to be fixed. If it got destroyed, it had to be replaced by their trusted source. And she would not stand for a stain. It was quite strange. She didn’t even fully understand why it bothered her.
      Aw. Chloe's proud of Clark and wants to make sure everyone sees him at his best, which means his Superman suit has to be perfect. Plus, I think Chloe views Clark's appearance as a direct reflection on her, and she doesn't want to be known as the kind of wife who would let Superman go around saving people in a ripped and stained suit.

Whatever the reason, it was a perfect ploy for Clark. Sometimes he’d make her think he was in the apartment and then call from a foreign country just to hear her whine. Upon reflection, Clark wondered what kind of person this made him, but it was too funny to stop doing.
      It kinda makes him a jerk, but if Chloe can forgive him for constantly doing it, then it's not that bad.

However, he wasn’t sure the best part was working Chloe’s nerves. When she’d finally find him, he’d usually perched on the sofa in plain sight or lying on the bed with a grin on his face that belonged to a bratty child. He’d always be wearing it so she’d be forced to just strip it off of him. Clark loved laundry day, even though laundry never got done until the next day.
      Gee, I wonder why Clark loves laundry day so much? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he manages to get Chloe to take off his clothes, would it?

Lovely little snippet of Chlark's life!! I love that Chlark play games with each other and don't take things too seriously. It's the little quirks that make life interesting and keep things from being boring. Awesome work, my friend!!

Comment

WOW, IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH!!! Anyway, nothing I can do about it now except give what I create now. Hope all has been well! This piece is centered around Valentine's (Right around the corner!) and it's in Chloe's perspective. It's kind of weird. I was trying to portray the feeling of having to go above and beyond for Valentine's that some people experience. Here it is....

When Things Just Aren’t Right

It was that time of year again: Valentine’s Day. For some it was the best of days, others the worst. A day to reemphasize the things that you love about someone; a day to ask yourself you really are happy being single or if it’s just a front. A time to be unapologetically bitter.

A smile crept up without me knowing as I lingered on the last phrase. A time to be unapologetically bitter. What a beautiful combination of words. I shouldn’t be thinking like that – I’m one of the happiest women on Earth. Maybe the happiest. And I didn’t need to be trapped in the Valentine’s Day hype to show the man I love how I felt. Although I felt nagging, maybe I should do something special for once, just because.

A big hand waved in my face grabbing my attention. I frowned slightly before I realized whom it belonged to. Clark leaned over on my right shoulder and glanced down at the magazine I was skimming.

“I thought magazines like that dulled your brain?” he sat at his desk and scooted in his chair.

“It had its moments.” I tossed it to the side and sat up straight. I watched him search for something intently on his computer, pushing his glasses back into place with his finger. “What are you looking for?”

“What?” he flicked his eyes from the screen quickly. He shook his head and scoffed, presumably shaking off his surprise. “I saved something but I can’t seem to find it.” I nodded. Although Clark was incredibly more mature than his young adulthood, he still retained the sometimes awkward and simple attitude that I have always found strangely attractive. At times, he seemed so out of place at the Daily Planet, but in my heart, I knew there wasn’t a better fit. “Found it.” he looked up at me and grinned. He typed something while I debated going to a press conference like other reporters or indulging in my investigation. The former saved a lot of trouble, but never produced the information that the latter did. I stood up and grabbed my purse when I heard Clark take off his glasses. I tried not to look at him, but I could feel his stare.

“I’m going investigating. I’ll be back before lunch.”

“Hmm.” He squinted, his eyes lighter in the rays of light seeping in.

“I’m not going to trespass.” I put my hand on my hip. “It’s daylight.” I smiled sweetly at his disapproving face. He didn’t like when I joked about trespassing, but that what made things exciting. He “hmm’d” again and sat back in his chair.

“What are you doing tonight?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“It’s not nice to answer with a question.” He picked up his glasses and cleaned them. ”Well, it’s Valentine’s Day, and I was thinking –“

“Clark I thought we agreed -”

“We did. But I thought it’d be nice if -”

“Clark.”

“Chloe.” He leaned forward, challenging me with his eyes. We engaged in a stare-down contest until my phone buzzed in my purse. I was willing to miss the call, however I realized it might be my liaison for my “investigating.” I exhaled heavily and opened my purse. When I hung up, he rose and bumped into me. “We’ll exchange small gifts and have dinner. I’ll even buy it.” he glanced down at me. Reluctantly I nodded my head. “Then it’s settled. I’ll see you tonight.” He kissed my forehead, smiled, and walked off. I tossed my purse over my shoulder and marched to the elevator.

The streets of Metropolis were filled love, or at least appeared so. Couples of every age strolled hand in hand, venders had their best bouquets out, and nearly every sign was pink, red, or had hearts on it. I dodged the long lines handing out of the florists and candy stores and ended up behind an elderly couple, stealing glances at each other. It was cliché but wonderful at the same time. I didn’t dislike Valentine’s Day: if anything it didn’t like me. Things just never go well when I try to do the lovey thing, so I don’t bother. “A small gift” didn’t seem too bad. It couldn’t hurt to try once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate Valentine’s Day. I can finally admit it without thinking I’m pessimistic. I stared at the pile of shredded magazine and felt at peace. Clark would be home any minute and I had nothing to give him. I had gifts for him earlier but they failed miserably.

On some strange limb, I decided to send him a singing telegram. My investigating was successful and I had my lead; needless to say I was in a good mood. I strolled to my desk and waited patiently for the group to ambush Clark and sing a heartfelt ditty, complete with chocolates. I felt my description, “a tall brunette wearing a white shirt and red tie,” was spot on. I confirmed that no one else was wearing the same thing. However, another tall brunette spilled coffee on his white shirt and Clark gave him his tie to cover it, all the while standing near Clark’s desk. It was truly a twisted coincidence. At least Clark seemed to enjoy the performance.

A minor setback. I ventured to purchase something tangible. I wrestled with what to get him, wondering what he needed. But I always buy what he needed. I had this feeling that I needed to be frivolous and totally out of character so I finally decided on a box of his favorite pastries. Lady Luck was not on my side. I didn’t think it could happen, but someone desperate held up the bakery, resulting in me giving a statement and not leaving with pastries.

I even went as far as baking a cake, something I wish to never revisit.

The door opened and Clark stepped in with our dinner. He stepped out of his shoes and set the bags on the dining table. He beckoned me with his finger and told me to close my eyes. I heard a gust of wind as he raced away somewhere. His picked up my hand and set something in it. I could feel his body heat as he leaned down and kissed me softly before instructing me to open my gift. It was an unmarked red envelope. I lifted one of the sides carefully and pulled a folded piece of pink paper. It was an altered version of the letter I wrote him years ago. I had almost forgotten about it but it was much better than what I remembered. He fidgeted with his keys in his pocket as I read over it. I tried to express the happiness I was feeling, but the only thing I could do was frown at my inability to produce anything for him. I reached the end and sighed heavily in frustration. I flopped on the couch and refolded the letter. Clark slowly came to my side and touched my knee.

“I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“It’s not that. I love my gift.”

“What is it?”

“I can’t do this.” I dropped my head in my hands. I figured Clark was probably frowning and confused. “I’m not that kind of person.” I spoke into my hands, hoping he didn’t hear me.

“Do what?” he leaned over to my level.

“Do Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t work out for me. I screw everything up.” I looked over at him. His face softened and he smirked.

“No you don’t.”

“I don’t even a gift for you.”

“I don’t care. I only said suggested an exchange so that you wouldn’t freak out if I got you something today. I didn’t actually mean for you to get a gift too. You’re my gift.” He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him. “I don’t expect anything from you, you know that.”

“But I wanted to. I had them earlier…” I put his letter in the envelope and tapped in on his thigh.

“Did someone take them?” he asked hesitantly.

“Kind of.” I told him about my adventures of gift searching that afternoon, to his amusement. He retrieved our food and set it out on the coffee table.

“You sent me a singing telegram?” Clark crinkled his eyebrows as he poured us some wine.

“I don’t know what got into me. It seemed like a good idea at the time.” I took a sip and swished the liquid around my mouth, savoring the flavor.

“You were under the influence of Valentine’s.” he handed me some garlic bread.

“I guess.” I took a bite of some pasta and snuggled up to him. It was that time of year again, and it was just perfect.

Please comment!! Have a wonderful evening!
        Last edited by Ebony2011; 02-12-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment, but Ksite has been giving me trouble lately. Anyway, I thought you should know that I've been limited to 50,000 characters per post, so my comment will most likely span several posts.

Comment

WOW, IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH!!! Anyway, nothing I can do about it now except give what I create now.
            It doesn't matter how long it's been. All that matters is that you're back and you come bearing a gift of Chlark.

Hope all has been well!
            Things have been pretty good, not perfect, but nothing ever is. I hope school's going well for you. Only a few more months and you'll have completed your first year!

This piece is centered around Valentine's (Right around the corner!) and it's in Chloe's perspective. It's kind of weird. I was trying to portray the feeling of having to go above and beyond for Valentine's that some people experience. Here it is....
            Ooh, a Chlarky Valentine's Day fic!! I've been trying to think of one of my own to write, but I just can't come up with anything good. My Muse hasn't been very cooperative as of late. Anyway, I'm sure you did a great job with yours.

When Things Just Aren’t Right

It was that time of year again: Valentine’s Day. For some it was the best of days, others the worst. A day to reemphasize the things that you love about someone; a day to ask yourself you really are happy being single or if it’s just a front. A time to be unapologetically bitter.

A smile crept up without me knowing as I lingered on the last phrase. A time to be unapologetically bitter. What a beautiful combination of words.

I completely agree!! Personally, I don't pay too much attention to Valentine's Day, regardless of my relationship status. I think, if you love someone, you should show them you love them each and every day, not wait for Valentine's Day to compel and shame you into doing it lest you be punished or shunned. I'm also not surprised that Chloe isn't big on Valentine's Day. She doesn't strike me as the type to go in for commercialized holidays, especially not the completely made up ones.

I shouldn’t be thinking like that – I’m one of the happiest women on Earth. Maybe the happiest. And I didn’t need to be trapped in the Valentine’s Day hype to show the man I love how I felt. Although I felt nagging, maybe I should do something special for once, just because.
            I could see her wanting to do something special for Clark, just because. After all, he's made her the happiest woman on Earth. Although, I suspect at least a small part of her is bowing to the pressure of Valentine's Day, even though she'd never admit to it.

A big hand waved in my face grabbing my attention. I frowned slightly before I realized whom it belonged to. Clark leaned over on my right shoulder and glanced down at the magazine I was skimming.

“I thought magazines like that dulled your brain?” he sat at his desk and scooted in his chair.

“It had its moments.” I tossed it to the side and sat up straight.

Which magazine is Chloe reading? Personally, I don't really picture Chloe as reading magazines, at least not the kind that would be promoting Valentine's Day.

I watched him search for something intently on his computer, pushing his glasses back into place with his finger. “What are you looking for?”

“What?” he flicked his eyes from the screen quickly. He shook his head and scoffed, presumably shaking off his surprise. “I saved something but I can’t seem to find it.” I nodded.
            I don't know why, but I don't really buy Clark's explanation. His reaction to her question seemed a little suspicious to me, but I could just be reading more into things than is actually there.

Although Clark was incredibly more mature than his young adulthood, he still retained the sometimes awkward and simple attitude that I have always found strangely attractive.
            Clark's got a wholesomeness and innocence and genuineness about him that's hard to find nowadays. At the same time, he's not naive or immature or arrogant. He's just a straight up good guy, and that's timelessly sexy.

**I've reached my limit for this post. More to follow.**

Comment

At times, he seemed so out of place at the Daily Planet, but in my heart, I knew there wasn’t a better fit.
              I wonder if she's referring more to their relationship than she is how Clark fits in at the Daily Planet. After all, she's a city girl who lives to uncover the truth, while he's a country boy who has to hide things from the world.

“Found it.” he looked up at me and grinned. He typed something while I debated going to a press conference like other reporters or indulging in my investigation. The former saved a lot of trouble, but never produced the information that the latter did. I stood up and grabbed my purse when I heard Clark take off his glasses. I tried not to look at him, but I could feel his stare.

“I’m going investigating. I’ll be back before lunch.”

“Hmm.” He squinted, his eyes lighter in the rays of light seeping in.

“I’m not going to trespass.” I put my hand on my hip. “It’s daylight.” I smiled sweetly at his disapproving face. He didn’t like when I joked about trespassing, but that what made things exciting. He “hmm’d” again and sat back in his chair.
              I'm not surprised she opted for the more adventurous choice of investigating. She's never been the kinda girl or reporter to just sit around and let the news/action come to her. And I love that she knew what Clark was thinking when she told him she was going investigating. Their connection is do deep and they're so in tune with each other that they practically read each other's minds. I also love that Clark isn't fond of her trespassing. I imagine he doesn't like it because it can be dangerous, but I suspect it's more that he's all about being lawful, especially since he's Superman.

“What are you doing tonight?”

“What did you have in mind?”

“It’s not nice to answer with a question.” He picked up his glasses and cleaned them. ”Well, it’s Valentine’s Day, and I was thinking –“

“Clark I thought we agreed -”

“We did. But I thought it’d be nice if -”

“Clark.”

“Chloe.” He leaned forward, challenging me with his eyes. We engaged in a stare-down contest until my phone buzzed in my purse. I was willing to miss the call, however I realized it might be my liaison for my “investigating.” I exhaled heavily and opened my purse. When I hung up, he rose and bumped into me. “We’ll exchange small gifts and have dinner. I’ll even buy it.” he glanced down at me. Reluctantly I nodded my head. “Then it’s settled. I’ll see you tonight.” He kissed my forehead, smiled, and walked off. I tossed my purse over my shoulder and marched to the elevator.

I love that Clark's the one that wants them to do something special for Valentine's Day. Usually, it's the woman who makes a big fuss, so it's refreshing to see the man take the initiative for a change. From this exchange, I get the feeling that Clark's the more romantic of the two, or at least he's the one willing to make a big romantic gesture.

**Reached my limit again. More to come.**

Comment

The streets of Metropolis were filled love, or at least appeared so. Couples of every age strolled hand in hand, venders had their best bouquets out, and nearly every sign was pink, red, or had hearts on it. I dodged the long lines handing out of the florists and candy stores and ended up behind an elderly couple, stealing glances at each other. It was cliché but wonderful at the same time. I didn’t dislike Valentine’s Day: if anything it didn’t like me. Things just never go well when I try to do the lovey thing, so I don’t bother. “A small gift” didn’t seem too bad. It couldn’t hurt to try once more.
                Ah, so Chloe's past attempts at romantic gestures haven't fared well, and that's why she doesn't make a big deal of Valentine's Day. Makes sense. Anyway, I love how everything she sees is about love, from the stores and signs to the people. I guess love is in the air.

I hate Valentine’s Day. I can finally admit it without thinking I’m pessimistic. I stared at the pile of shredded magazine and felt at peace. Clark would be home any minute and I had nothing to give him. I had gifts for him earlier but they failed miserably.
                I don't know why she's having so much trouble finding a gift for Clark. All she has to do is wear some sexy lingerie and give him some sweet lovin'.

On some strange limb, I decided to send him a singing telegram. My investigating was successful and I had my lead; needless to say I was in a good mood. I strolled to my desk and waited patiently for the group to ambush Clark and sing a heartfelt ditty, complete with chocolates. I felt my description, “a tall brunette wearing a white shirt and red tie,” was spot on. I confirmed that no one else was wearing the same thing. However, another tall brunette spilled coffee on his white shirt and Clark gave him his tie to cover it, all the while standing near Clark’s desk. It was truly a twisted coincidence. At least Clark seemed to enjoy the performance.
                A singing telegram? I didn't know those still existed. Although, as corny as it sounds to send someone, especially a man, a singing telegram, I think it's the perfect gift for Clark. It fits right in with his wholesome personality. It's too bad that Chloe's plan backfired, though. I bet the guy who received the telegram was quite confused and embarrassed. I don't think most people like to be sung to in front of their co-workers.

**At my limit again. More to come.**

Comment

A minor setback. I ventured to purchase something tangible. I wrestled with what to get him, wondering what he needed. But I always buy what he needed. I had this feeling that I needed to be frivolous and totally out of character so I finally decided on a box of his favorite pastries. Lady Luck was not on my side. I didn’t think it could happen, but someone desperate held up the bakery, resulting in me giving a statement and not leaving with pastries.

I even went as far as baking a cake, something I wish to never revisit.
                  I'm not surprised that Chloe only buys Clark things he needs. Clark's not into material things. Besides, what would you get Superman? I like her idea to get him pastries, though. Clark strikes me as the kinda guy who has a sweet tooth. And seriously, who robs a bakery? Also, I don't think anyone has ever written a story in which Chloe is a good cook. I'm sure she can do a serviceable job, but, of the two of them, I have to believe Clark is by far the better cook, especially considering Martha was his teacher.

The door opened and Clark stepped in with our dinner. He stepped out of his shoes and set the bags on the dining table. He beckoned me with his finger and told me to close my eyes. I heard a gust of wind as he raced away somewhere. His picked up my hand and set something in it. I could feel his body heat as he leaned down and kissed me softly before instructing me to open my gift. It was an unmarked red envelope. I lifted one of the sides carefully and pulled a folded piece of pink paper. It was an altered version of the letter I wrote him years ago. I had almost forgotten about it but it was much better than what I remembered. He fidgeted with his keys in his pocket as I read over it. I tried to express the happiness I was feeling, but the only thing I could do was frown at my inability to produce anything for him.
                  Clark gave her a homemade gift! That's so sweet!! I especially love that he gave her a version of the letter she wrote to him all those years ago when he was sick. Clark showed that you don't have to spend a lot of money or make big romantic gestures in order to show the one you love how much they mean to you and how much you love them. I also love that Clark is kinda nervous as Chloe's reading his gift to her. His nervousness indicates that he put some thought and emotion into his gift.

I reached the end and sighed heavily in frustration. I flopped on the couch and refolded the letter. Clark slowly came to my side and touched my knee.

“I didn’t mean to upset you.”

“It’s not that. I love my gift.”

“What is it?”

“I can’t do this.” I dropped my head in my hands. I figured Clark was probably frowning and confused. “I’m not that kind of person.” I spoke into my hands, hoping he didn’t hear me.

“Do what?” he leaned over to my level.

“Do Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t work out for me. I screw everything up.” I looked over at him. His face softened and he smirked.

“No you don’t.”

“I don’t even a gift for you.”

“I don’t care. I only said suggested an exchange so that you wouldn’t freak out if I got you something today. I didn’t actually mean for you to get a gift too. You’re my gift.” He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to him. “I don’t expect anything from you, you know that.”

“But I wanted to.

I feel bad for Chloe. She really wanted to get something for Clark to show him how much he means to her, but she seems to be cursed when it comes to Valentine's Day, at least as far as the gift-giving goes. Anyway, I love that Clark only suggested a gift exchange, because he wanted an excuse to give her a gift. I especially love that he never expected her to get him a gift, because she is his gift. He's gotta be the sweetest man alive.

**At my limit again. More to come.**

Comment

I had them earlier…” I put his letter in the envelope and tapped in on his thigh.

“Did someone take them?” he asked hesitantly.

“Kind of.” I told him about my adventures of gift searching that afternoon, to his amusement. He retrieved our food and set it out on the coffee table.

“You sent me a singing telegram?” Clark crinkled his eyebrows as he poured us some wine.

“I don’t know what got into me. It seemed like a good idea at the time.” I took a sip and swished the liquid around my mouth, savoring the flavor.

“You were under the influence of Valentine’s.” he handed me some garlic bread.

“I guess.” I took a bite of some pasta and snuggled up to him. It was that time of year again, and it was just perfect.
                    Under the influence of Valentine's? Sounds about right. People do all kinds of weird things on Valentine's in the name of love and romance. That's all well and good, but Valentine's Day is about showing the one you love how much they mean to you, and you don't need crazy or expensive gifts to do that. As long as your gift or gesture comes from the heart, that's all you need.

I still say all Chloe had to get Clark was herself, wrapped in some lacy red lingerie or nothing at all. Anyway, this is yet another great entry in this series. I think you portrayed both Chloe and Clark perfectly in their differing views of Valentine's and romance in general. This is cute and sweet and enjoyable and very well done. I can't wait for the next entry in this amazing series!

Comment

Originally posted by The Fallen Sky
                      I still say all Chloe had to get Clark was herself, wrapped in some lacy red lingerie or nothing at all.
                      The original image I planned for the ending went along those lines, but it ultimately goes better with one of the following stories.

Comment

The original image I planned for the ending went along those lines, but it ultimately goes better with one of the following stories.
                        So, you're saying Chloe will be giving Clark the gift of herself, either wrapped in racy lingerie or nothing at all, at some point? YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm already tingling with anticipation.

Comment

Thanks!! Here is another one...set at Make-Out Point.

Make-Out Point

“Clark, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Why are we at Make-out Point?” Chloe stared out the window and waited for his answer. There always seemed to be an ominous mist that fell at Make-Out Point, a strange phenomena that helped set the mood.

“I personally thought it was self-explanatory…” he squinted his eyes and nodded slowly.

“But what are we doing here?” she motioned between them. When she was in middle school, she heard someone telling a story about how their parents would visit Metropolis’ “make-out point” and she remembered how grossed out she was. How bizarre is it for married people to go to a make-out point? They don’t need to do that anymore. She thought. And now she was in that very position.

“Well, I thought it’d be pleasant. I’ve never been.” Clark leaned on the steering wheel.

“What? Clark Kent, with all your escapades, has never been to Make-out Point?”

“There was never any one special enough.” He slipped his arm behind her head and grinned.

“Oh?” she leaned towards him, resting her hand on his thigh.

“Mm-hmm.” He touched her chin and kissed her. She made a throaty laugh and kissed him harder. After a few moments, Chloe broke away, pointing out that the front seats were awkward places to make-out at. Clark climbed to the backseat and pulled her with him. She landed and began giggling before she stopped herself. She sighed and slid closer to him. Clark grabbed her waist and slid her even closer. Chloe chuckled and kissed him sensually, but she stopped for a moment.

“Why does this feel familiar?”

“What?”

“Me in a backseat with you. I don’t recall.” She looked away in deep thought. Clark cleared his throat and shrugged it off.

“I don’t know. A dream?”

“Maybe.” She slowly looked over at him, aware that he knew more than he was letting on, but unwilling to tug it out of him. “Well, might as well make it a reality.” She leaned over and kissed him slowly. Chloe buried her hands in his thick hair and straddled him.

“Wait, what’re you doing?” he glanced out all the windows.

“I’m getting comfortable.” she raised her eyebrow and smiled.

“Someone might see us.”

“I’m pretty sure they’re preoccupied.” She fidgeted with his tie. “Clark, you brought me here. And if I recall correctly, today is a six-month anniversary.”

“I thought you stop counting those when you get married.”

“You can.” she said quietly and bit her lip. Her eyes were twinkling deviously as she loosened his tie. Clark nodded and sunk down so she’d fall forward onto him. She moved against him and kissed his neck. If he had been younger, he wouldn’t have been able to stop blushing. His skin felt hot and he thought he might be having another episode with his fire vision, yet he held her to him harder with each moment. He hadn’t kissed her with such aggression for a long time. Their closeness made them sweaty, causing Clark to take off his damp shirt.

It didn’t take long for the windows to fog up. She giggled softly as he kissed her neck, chin, and ear. He returned to her lips hungrily, her back arching at his touch. A branch cracked in the distance and Clark heard voices. It sounded like they were off a little distance.

“Someone’s coming.” Clark jerked back panicked. Chloe scrambled off his lap and tried to wipe the fluster off her face. He blew a gust of cool air in the car to make the fog go away. The two sat perfectly upright as the visitors knocked on the windows. Clark was presumably in shock and didn’t move, so Chloe leaned over him and rolled the window down. A woman in her mid thirties stood in the dark mist with a pleasant expression.

“Hi. I’m sorry to bother you, but I have a flat and I was wondering if you could help me change it.”

“Yeah, sure. No problem.” Clark cleared his throat and stepped out of the car. He followed the woman to her car and took out her spare.

“Are you spying too?” she asked as he took off the flat.

“I’m sorry?” he glanced up at her.

“I’m checking on my son. I didn’t know how much I believed his whole ‘watching the sunset’ thing..” She tucked hair behind her ear and chuckled. “Although you look young…” she looked him over.

“My nephew. My sister asked me to watch him.” Clark wiped his hands together and stuck them in his pocket. “All done.” the lady thanked and got in her car. Clark saw her off as she drove from the infamous hotspot and returned to his own car. When he opened the door, Chloe was resting her arm on the back of the seat, playing in her hair.

“Welcome back.” he stepped inside. “A hero’s work is never done.” Clark scoffed and set his hand on her thigh.

“Where were we?” he grinned.

“What about the people who might see us?” Chloe brushed her nose against his.

“Oh well.” he shrugged his shoulders and leaned in. Chloe chuckled and pulled his tie, bringing him to her.

Comment

Thanks!!
                            You're welcome.

Here is another one...set at Make-Out Point.
                            Make-Out Point? Gee, I wonder what could possibly happen there.

Make-Out Point

“Clark, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“Why are we at Make-out Point?” Chloe stared out the window and waited for his answer. There always seemed to be an ominous mist that fell at Make-Out Point, a strange phenomena that helped set the mood.
                            A mood-setting mist? That does seem kinda odd. Although, it makes a lot of sense. After all, whenever teens go to places like Make-Out Point, it's always dark out and there's always an ethereal fog/mist shrouding the cars, both inside and out. Though, the fog inside the cars is caused by something completely different from the fog outside the cars.

“I personally thought it was self-explanatory…” he squinted his eyes and nodded slowly.

“But what are we doing here?” she motioned between them. When she was in middle school, she heard someone telling a story about how their parents would visit Metropolis’ “make-out point” and she remembered how grossed out she was. How bizarre is it for married people to go to a make-out point? They don’t need to do that anymore. She thought. And now she was in that very position.
                            At first blush, it does seem kinda weird for a married couple to go to a make-out point, but when you really think about it, it's not all that strange. I mean, married couples need to engage in romance just like horny teenagers, and going to a make-out point on a date is a great way to spice things up and remind them how much fun it was to do stupid stuff like making out in a parked car in public.

“Well, I thought it’d be pleasant. I’ve never been.” Clark leaned on the steering wheel.

“What? Clark Kent, with all your escapades, has never been to Make-out Point?”

“There was never any one special enough.” He slipped his arm behind her head and grinned.

“Oh?” she leaned towards him, resting her hand on his thigh.

“Mm-hmm.”
                            I'm not surprised Clark's never been to a make-out point before. He's never struck me as the kinda guy to do things like that. However, now that he's married to Chloe, his best friend, I think he's feeling more confident and certainly bolder about doing the things he never got to do when he was growing up. Also, I think he's telling the truth about never having had anyone special enough to take to Make-Out Point. Also, based on Chloe's reaction to Clark's admission of never having been to Make-Out Point, I'm left to wonder if she's been there before. I suspect she has, but I wouldn't be surprised if she, like Clark, hasn't. On a side note, I love how the mood is shifting from innocent and slightly bewildered to teasing and sensual.

He touched her chin and kissed her. She made a throaty laugh and kissed him harder. After a few moments, Chloe broke away, pointing out that the front seats were awkward places to make-out at. Clark climbed to the backseat and pulled her with him. She landed and began giggling before she stopped herself. She sighed and slid closer to him. Clark grabbed her waist and slid her even closer. Chloe chuckled and kissed him sensually, but she stopped for a moment.

“Why does this feel familiar?”

“What?”

“Me in a backseat with you. I don’t recall.” She looked away in deep thought. Clark cleared his throat and shrugged it off.

“I don’t know. A dream?”

“Maybe.” She slowly looked over at him, aware that he knew more than he was letting on, but unwilling to tug it out of him.
                            First, I love that Chloe suggested they move the festivities to the backseat. She's always been the brains of their duo. And I'm intrigued that Chloe seems to remember the time when she and Clark made out in the backseat of Pete's car all those years ago. I've always wondered how she'd react if she remembered everything she did with Clark when she was infected by that parasite. Anyway, I'm curious as to why Clark didn't come right out and tell her what happened all those years ago. Certainly, at this point, it couldn't hurt anything, especially considering they're happily married. I also don't know why Chloe didn't push Clark to tell her what he was hiding, especially since she knew he was hiding something. Although, since neither of them wanted to ruin the mood, I guess it's not surprising that they'd let the matter drop in favor of more pleasurable pursuits.

“Well, might as well make it a reality.” She leaned over and kissed him slowly. Chloe buried her hands in his thick hair and straddled him.

“Wait, what’re you doing?” he glanced out all the windows.

“I’m getting comfortable.” she raised her eyebrow and smiled.

“Someone might see us.”

“I’m pretty sure they’re preoccupied.” She fidgeted with his tie. “Clark, you brought me here. And if I recall correctly, today is a six-month anniversary.”

“I thought you stop counting those when you get married.”

“You can.” she said quietly and bit her lip.
                            Clark's adorable. He brought Chloe to Make-Out Point to make out with her, and when she moves to do just that, he starts worrying that other people will see them. I mean, the name of the place, Make-Out Point, kinda tells you all you need to know about what happens there. Still, I love that he doesn't want others to see such an intimate moment between him and his wife, even if they're just making out. Also, I never pictured Chloe as the kinda girl to go nuts with the various anniversary dates, like the six-month one. Then again, I've never seen her so deliriously happy before, so her slight quirk with the anniversaries could just be a result of that.

Her eyes were twinkling deviously as she loosened his tie. Clark nodded and sunk down so she’d fall forward onto him. She moved against him and kissed his neck. If he had been younger, he wouldn’t have been able to stop blushing. His skin felt hot and he thought he might be having another episode with his fire vision, yet he held her to him harder with each moment. He hadn’t kissed her with such aggression for a long time. Their closeness made them sweaty, causing Clark to take off his damp shirt.

It didn’t take long for the windows to fog up. She giggled softly as he kissed her neck, chin, and ear. He returned to her lips hungrily, her back arching at his touch.
                            *fans self* Ahem...Chlark aren't the only ones getting hot and sweaty around here. You know, for a simple make out session, this is surprisingly hot. Also, I love that Clark's grown out of his bashful farm boy ways, at least when it comes to getting physically intimate with Chloe. While it'd be cute for Clark to blush and be slightly embarrassed by what they're doing, it's so much sexier that he's confident in this moment and focusing all his attention on Chloe instead of thinking about things too much. Also, I love that Clark's so excited that he's worried he might have an episode of premature combustion. It's great to know that Chloe can elicit that kind of response from him simply by kissing him.

A branch cracked in the distance and Clark heard voices. It sounded like they were off a little distance.

“Someone’s coming.” Clark jerked back panicked. Chloe scrambled off his lap and tried to wipe the fluster off her face. He blew a gust of cool air in the car to make the fog go away. The two sat perfectly upright as the visitors knocked on the windows. Clark was presumably in shock and didn’t move, so Chloe leaned over him and rolled the window down. A woman in her mid thirties stood in the dark mist with a pleasant expression.

“Hi. I’m sorry to bother you, but I have a flat and I was wondering if you could help me change it.”

“Yeah, sure. No problem.” Clark cleared his throat and stepped out of the car. He followed the woman to her car and took out her spare.
                            Aw. Just when I was really getting into things, someone had to show up and ruin the mood. Anyway, I love the image of Chlark trying their best to look innocent, like they weren't just making out like a couple of hormone-crazed teenagers. And I'm not surprised that Clark was so wigged out at almost being caught that he couldn't even move. I'm also not surprised that Chloe was more in control of her faculties and was actually able to act somewhat normally.

“Are you spying too?” she asked as he took off the flat.

“I’m sorry?” he glanced up at her.

“I’m checking on my son. I didn’t know how much I believed his whole ‘watching the sunset’ thing..” She tucked hair behind her ear and chuckled. “Although you look young…” she looked him over.

“My nephew. My sister asked me to watch him.” Clark wiped his hands together and stuck them in his pocket. “All done.” the lady thanked and got in her car. Clark saw her off as she drove from the infamous hotspot and returned to his own car.
                            Looks like Clark's lying ability has improved. At least he came up with a plausible lie to cover his real reason for being at Make-Out Point. I'm impressed by and proud of him for that.

When he opened the door, Chloe was resting her arm on the back of the seat, playing in her hair.

“Welcome back.” he stepped inside. “A hero’s work is never done.” Clark scoffed and set his hand on her thigh.

“Where were we?” he grinned.

“What about the people who might see us?” Chloe brushed her nose against his.

“Oh well.” he shrugged his shoulders and leaned in. Chloe chuckled and pulled his tie, bringing him to her.
                            I love the image of Chloe, sitting with her arm resting on the back of the seat, playing with her hair while waiting for Clark to get back. It's oddly...enticing. Anyway, I love that Clark wanted to pick up where they left off, now that he'd fulfilled his heroic act quota. I also love that Chloe was just as eager to get back to the action as he was. And I absolutely love that Clark no longer cared if anyone saw them. He finally realized that making out with Chloe was worth any embarrassment that might occur from being caught in the act. I also suspect that he'd be too engrossed with Chloe to even notice if anyone was watching them. Hmm, now I'm wondering if all Chlark are gonna do is make out. Based on how heated things got and how much both of them were enjoying themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up going all the way in the backseat. Now I'm also wondering, if they did go all the way in the backseat, if that would be the first time either or both of them had done that.

Enough of the fantasizing. I love this!! It's cute and sweat but also hot and sexy while also being light and fun. In short, it's awesome!! The more of these snippets from Chlark's marriage I read, the more drawn in I become. It's so enjoyable to read Chlark stories that are free of angst and show how good they are together and how much they love each other. Thanks for sharing these with us!

Comment

Here is a glimpse into the past (a quite lengthy glimpse)! We nearing the end, for now at least, but do not fret - we're not there yet! Enjoy...

Carriage Inn

Clark stood in front of the square opening of his loft before flopping down on the couch. He felt weird to be in his loft again since he had been living in Metropolis. About twice a month, they would stay at the farm to get away from their city life and pretend they were alone in the world. So whenever he came back, there was an initial moment of unfamiliarity, but it never took long for him to be wrapped in the comforting arms of the Kent Farm.

Chloe had already gone to bed, leaving Clark to his own devices. He breathed in the fresh air and smirked to himself. Clark drummed his fingers on his chest and pushed his back into the cushions. His weight created a gap between the cushions and the back of the sofa. In that space he saw a piece of fabric peaking out. He pulled it out to find it was the striped tie Chloe stuffed in there years ago. As he rubbed the silky fabric between his fingers, he realized how badly it had looked on him. It was puke brown. He remembered that night. He chuckled and shook his head. That night they decided to be a couple. He rested his head on his arm and thought back.

Clark stepped out of Perry White’s office with a wide grin on his face. He haggled himself freedom from the typical Superman or equally splashy cover story, opting for a celebration of a beloved inn outside of Metropolis. Perry was stubborn, but was swayed by Clark’s charm and skill at playing the heartstrings. It was more of personal piece, a vacation from the norm. He settled at his desk and set up an interview with the owners. As he ended the call, Chloe walked by, bringing a small breeze with her and peaking his attention. He watched as she flopped down and flicked a piece of bang out of her eye. She was looking down at an angle, trying to read something among the array of papers on her desk, exposing her neck to him. He sat back in his chair and rested his chin on his knuckles wondering how such a delicate neck could hold up such a head so convoluted with knowledge.

“Are you going to the mixer?” she said, taking a moment from her work.

“Umm…I, I don’t know. Probably not. I have a story to do, then I’ll head back to the farm to do chores.” he rubbed his neck and swallowed.

“Chores? It’s me you’re speaking to.” she pointed at herself and smiled. “It takes you like, five seconds.”

“I know, but…” he leaned forward in his chair. “I’m always awkward at parties.” He lowered his voice.

“Think of it as a get-together with good company.” She suggested. “It might be fun. Might meet someone special.” She smiled softly, her hair glowing in the morning light.

“Are you going?” he asked.

“It’s not me we’re discussing.” He raised his eyebrow. She rolled her eyes. “I legitimately have a lot of work to do, so I may not make it. But at least I’m going to try.”

“Mmhmm.” He leaned on his desk and looked at his hands. “To be honest, I’d rather just hang out with you. I like your company.” He glanced up at her. She was looking at him with a blank expression that melted into a grin. They stared at each other until someone’s files dropped, grabbing their attention. Clark, being the helper he is, picked up the files.

“Glad to know you haven’t outgrown me yet.” Chloe commented when he sat down. Around noon, Clark began packing his things up to leave for the inn. Chloe briskly returned to her desk and began gathering things as well.

“Looks like you got your wish. I’m coming with you.”

“Why?” he paused.

“Wow, you made a 180.” She dropped her phone in her purse. “The person I’ve been investigating just checked into the Carriage Inn with his wife.”

“You’re going to follow him on his vacation with his wife?”

“I’ve been trying to get to her the whole time.” She raised her eyebrows and followed him out. They decided to take Chloe’s car and bear the hour drive just for the heck of it. The ride was pleasant and before they knew it, they pulled into a scenic driveway with flowers lining the sides. Chloe looked over the cozy blue and white Craftsman that both their stories led them to. Clark opened the door for her and they walked across the homey-furnished living room to the reception desk. Clark breathed in the familiar smell of orange spice and oatmeal cookies that Mrs. Crandle made for the guests. A smile spread on his face until he glanced down at his new watch and on to his business clothes, down to his shiny shoes.

“I feel weird.” He whispered to Chloe who was peeking at the registry while the desk was still vacant.

“Why?” she leaned over the counter more.

“When I come here, I’m in my work clothes not my work clothes.” He looked over at her. Chloe smiled.

“Oh. I’m sure your appearance hasn’t changed drastically.”

“I know, it’s just…” he trailed off. Chloe touched his forearm.

“You don’t look pompous, if you’re worried. You look handsome, except for your tie.” Before he could say anything, the Crandles’ son James came out to greet them. He had his father’s strong shoulders and dimpled, crooked grin but his mother’s twinkling gray eyes. They chatted a few moments until Mrs. Crandle came out of the kitchen with a tray of coffee and cookies for the reporters. She informed them that Mr. Crandle off in Smallivlle running errands.

“Isn’t Metropolis closer?” Chloe asked while mixing her perfect cup of coffee.

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell him, dear. But he insists that things from the city ‘just don’t have the right feel to them.’” Mrs. Crandle turned to Clark and put her hand on her hip. “Boy have you grown! And so handsome.” Chloe bumped his arm. “Too bad I’m taken.” Mrs. Crandle smiled warmly and complimented herself after biting into one of her cookies. Two hours and two batches of cookies later, the interview sadly came to an end. Chloe had solicited the glad help of James in her efforts to spy on the criminal wife and excused herself.

“Is it Chloe? She seems like a nice girl.” Mrs. Crandle crossed her hands. Clark nodded and smiled.

“Yeah she is.”

“Is she you’re wife?” she figured he was like her son and didn’t wear his ring while working.

“No.” Clark said quickly and shook his head. Mrs. Crandle pardoned herself.

“I always thought you’d marry young. Oh well, you still got time.” She patted her loose auburn and white bun and squinted her eyes. “You’d make cute babies together.” Clark chuckled nervously and loosened his tie. She patted his knee and took up the tray. “I think I’ve embarrassed you enough. Staying for the night?”

“I don’t think so. We should be heading back.”

“But you’ll stay for an early dinner. I won’t take “no” for an answer.” She kissed his forehead and retreated to the kitchen. Clark sat back, the open living room to himself. The sun was beginning to set and rays of light lay thickly on the wood floors. Chloe crept through a pair of French doors leading from the dining room. She saw Clark sitting in the chair across the room and silently took a picture with her phone. She walked over and stood behind him, looking out the window at the serene landscape. Clark stood up and faced Chloe. He watched her blink slowly as she intensely stared outside. Chloe could feel him watching her and shifted her attention to him.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Babies.” He slightly frowned but smirked good-heartedly. “Dinner?” They enjoyed dinner with the Crandle family. Mr. Crandle returned right in time for dinner. He was ecstatic to see Clark and brought a distinct happiness and comadery around the table. As Chloe helped Mrs. Crandle to clear the dishes, a roll of thunder boomed nearby.

“Looks like a storm blew in.” Mr. Crandle stood by the window. A soft whisper of rain grew into steady sheets. Clark joined him at the window and watched as mud formed amongst the bright flowers and Chloe’s car tires. Chloe surveyed the outside herself and suggested they leave before it got worse. Mr. Crandle would hear nothing of it, insisting that he didn’t want them getting wet trying to un-stick her car. Clark knew he could lift the car easily out of the mud and send them on their merry way back to Metropolis, but he didn’t want to draw attention. Clark glanced at Chloe as if asking her what she wanted to do. Chloe returned his look and sighed.

“Are there any rooms?” she asked no one in particular. James checked the registry and shook his head.
                              “I’m so sorry you guys. We’re booked. I could let you sleep in the Great Room. We don’t unlock the doors until 9, is that all right?” they both nodded. James left to retrieve extra blankets while the elderly couple treated them to hot cocoa. The family retreated to their rooms as it neared midnight, leaving Chloe and Clark alone for the first time since they had arrived. Clark started a fire in the ornate fireplace and settled on his cot next to Chloe.

“Now what’s wrong with my tie? It matches my shirt.” Clark watched lie back couch and shake with laughter.

“No it doesn’t. It’s not rich brown, it’s puke brown.” She glanced down at him and shook her head. “I’m burning it as soon as we get back.” Clark swatted at her threat and took a gulp of cocoa.

“I didn’t mean to push you into going to the party.” she said after a while. He looked at her, and glanced back at his drink. “I just don’t want you to feel alone.” The fire seemed to be the background music for their sentimental moment.

“I don’t: I have you.” Clark smiled. She remembered he said something like before, but she didn’t take it to heart until now.

“Well just in case you get tired of me…” Clark tilted his head towards her and raised his brow. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “You might.”

“Never.” He stared straight. “My dad would take me out here and…just talk to me…or we’d just sit in silence.” He spoke softly as if speaking louder would dissipate the memory. Clark missed his father but was no longer saddened when thinking about him; he was at peace. Chloe set her hand on his shoulder. He looked over at her serious face, seemingly on the brink of tears. “Don’t look at me like that.”

“Like what?”

“Teary eyed. Am I depressing you?” he frowned slightly. Chloe blinked and squinted.

“Whatever. I just yawned.” She hit his shoulder. “You can never depress me with stories of your family.” He grinned and shifted to his side, trying to find words to say. After a few failed attempts, he managed to say something.

“Are you doing anything tomorrow night?”

“Uh…” she blew out air. “Not that I know of. Why?” she sipped, her hazel eyes peeking over the brim of the mug.

“I want to take you somewhere tomorrow night.” He shrugged and slipped his hands in his pockets.

“Sure.” She said simply. “You’ve never asked like this before.”

“I know but I didn’t mean it like I mean it now. ” She glanced at him and thought for a moment.

“Are you asking me on a date?” she set her mug down on an end table.

“Is there something wrong?”

“I wouldn’t call it wrong, but…I’m your friend.” Chloe scoffed as Clark nodded.

“True, but we’re also both adults. Both single. You’re also an attractive woman and I’m also a guy you find to be handsome.” Her stomach dropped at his words. She felt like the ground had been taken away from her and that she was left floating. “And…I think it would be a good thing.” she watched him curiously and pondered on what he proposed.

“I suppose.” She inhaled and glanced to the side before staring at her hands. “So when you said you like my company, were you being friendly or trying to tell me something?”

“Do you want the safe answer or the scary one?”

“The real one.” Chloe tossed some hair out of her face and glanced at him.

“I may have been hinting.” She stared at him for a long time before moving away to the fireplace. She watched the flames flicker around the charred blocks of wood. She was startled to find Clark standing there are took a step back, nearly tripping into the flames. Clark caught her and held her tightly.

“Oh my gosh Clark.”

“You almost fell into the fireplace.” He held onto her waist, still mentally reeling from the catastrophe that could have happened.

“If you weren’t creeping, I wouldn’t have stepped back, thus I wouldn’t have been in danger of falling into the fireplace.” He brushed up her side, and touched her cheek with his hot hand.

Chloe smiled and stood on her toes. She tilted her head to kiss him, but missed his lips and pecked his stubbly cheek. Clark frowned as Chloe scoffed at her purposeful avoidance and pulled her closer, away from the fire. She cocked her head; her nose brushing by his, and lightly touched his lips. She kissed him again, more firmly and again. It wasn’t the hard, dramatic romance novel-esque kiss ridden with throbbing passion that Chloe had concocted in her mind. It was quite chaste and Clark seemed to just stand there and let her kiss him, which inadvertently made it more sensual. She broke away when a log behind her cracked and split. Clark lazily pulled her the couch. She fell into his arms and enjoyed a deep, heavy lip-lock.

“Wait – we have to do this right.” She laid her hand on his sturdy chest. “It’s a regular date, right? Like regular guys do with potential mates?”

“Regular guys, huh? I’m an intergalactic sun-powered traveler. I don’t do regular anymore.” He took her hand in his.

“You like throwing that out there don’t you?” she said flatly.

“I do…if it gets me girls like you.”

“And it only took you like,” she shrugged her shoulders and looked away, “ten years.” Chloe’s tone was mildly bitter. “Eight o’clock.”

“Eight.” He repeated. “At an establishment.”

“An establishment?” she asked as he lowered himself to the floor. “Clark? Clark.”

“Good night Chlo.” He rested his head on his pillow and shut his eyes. He could hear Chloe muttering under her breath as she lay in her cot. She nudged him playfully and turned her back to him. Clark scoffed and nudged her back, resulting in Chloe gasping in shock. He scooted behind her and threw his arm around her.

The next morning, they removed the mud around the car and bade the Crandles goodbye, but not before Mrs. Crandle reminded Clark of his adorable future babies.

“Are you coming to bed?”

“Yeah. I didn’t hear you.” he sat up. Chloe shuffled over, gripping his red jacket closer.

“What are reminiscing about?” she sat on his lap and leaned back on his shoulder.

“Our second date.”

“Dinner at that restaurant with the weird waitress?” she asked. He shook his head.

“The Inn.”

“That wasn’t really a date. That was…us being stranded.” She said wryly.

“I consider it a date.”

“Then that wasn’t our second date, that was our first.”

“Spring Formal was our first.”

“Ahh.” She smiled. “That was the longest follow-up “date” ever.” He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her.

Comments, concerns, feedback, hopes, dreams....? Next up...red lace and the effect it has on our friendly Superman.

Comment

Here is a glimpse into the past (a quite lengthy glimpse)! We nearing the end, for now at least, but do not fret - we're not there yet! Enjoy...
                                It's almost over?! How am I supposed to enjoy this knowing this epic journey is winding down? Who am I kidding? I always enjoy Chlark.

Carriage Inn

Clark stood in front of the square opening of his loft before flopping down on the couch. He felt weird to be in his loft again since he had been living in Metropolis. About twice a month, they would stay at the farm to get away from their city life and pretend they were alone in the world. So whenever he came back, there was an initial moment of unfamiliarity, but it never took long for him to be wrapped in the comforting arms of the Kent Farm.
                                It's kinda sad that they only get back to the farm a couple times a month. Although, with their busy lives, it's not surprising. Still, I'd love to see them get more time away from the city and all the chaos of their daily lives.

Chloe had already gone to bed, leaving Clark to his own devices. He breathed in the fresh air and smirked to himself. Clark drummed his fingers on his chest and pushed his back into the cushions. His weight created a gap between the cushions and the back of the sofa. In that space he saw a piece of fabric peaking out. He pulled it out to find it was the striped tie Chloe stuffed in there years ago. As he rubbed the silky fabric between his fingers, he realized how badly it had looked on him. It was puke brown. He remembered that night. He chuckled and shook his head. That night they decided to be a couple. He rested his head on his arm and thought back.
                                That tie sounds hideous. It's a good thing Chloe picks out Clark's clothes now. He never did have the best taste in fashion. And I sense a flashback coming on.

Clark stepped out of Perry White’s office with a wide grin on his face. He haggled himself freedom from the typical Superman or equally splashy cover story, opting for a celebration of a beloved inn outside of Metropolis. Perry was stubborn, but was swayed by Clark’s charm and skill at playing the heartstrings. It was more of personal piece, a vacation from the norm. He settled at his desk and set up an interview with the owners.
                                I'm kinda surprised Clark was able to convince Perry to give him this fluff piece. I didn't think Clark was capable of swaying Perry once his mind was set. I guess Perry took pity on him.

As he ended the call, Chloe walked by, bringing a small breeze with her and peaking his attention. He watched as she flopped down and flicked a piece of bang out of her eye. She was looking down at an angle, trying to read something among the array of papers on her desk, exposing her neck to him. He sat back in his chair and rested his chin on his knuckles wondering how such a delicate neck could hold up such a head so convoluted with knowledge.
                                I love this scene! Clark's clearly got an interest in Chloe that goes beyond friendship. I mean, he's sitting at his desk and just watching her, admiring her beauty. Also, the fact that he noticed the slight breeze her passing by caused was one more little indicator that he's got more than a casual interest in her. The one thing that could've made this moment better is if Clark noticed the scent of Chloe's perfume as she passed.

“Are you going to the mixer?” she said, taking a moment from her work.

“Umm…I, I don’t know. Probably not. I have a story to do, then I’ll head back to the farm to do chores.” he rubbed his neck and swallowed.

“Chores? It’s me you’re speaking to.” she pointed at herself and smiled. “It takes you like, five seconds.”

“I know, but…” he leaned forward in his chair. “I’m always awkward at parties.” He lowered his voice.

“Think of it as a get-together with good company.” She suggested. “It might be fun. Might meet someone special.” She smiled softly, her hair glowing in the morning light.

“Are you going?” he asked.

“It’s not me we’re discussing.” He raised his eyebrow. She rolled her eyes. “I legitimately have a lot of work to do, so I may not make it. But at least I’m going to try.”
                                Clark still runs the farm? I would've thought he'd have rented it out by now. However, it's kinda nice that he wants to stay connected to his roots. And why is Chloe trying to hook Clark up with someone special? I gather he's single and probably doesn't date much, but I didn't think she'd actively try to find him someone. Although, trying to convince him to go to a party isn't exactly setting him up on a date. Anyway, I love that Clark doesn't want to go because he's not good at parties. He's really never been good in social situations. And Clark asking her if she was going has me wondering if he would've gone if she was going. I think he would have.

Also, I love that you mentioned how Chloe's hair glowed in the morning light. It's like Clark's noticing just how beautiful she is, which is a clear indicator of how his feelings for her have taken a turn toward the romantic.

“Mmhmm.” He leaned on his desk and looked at his hands. “To be honest, I’d rather just hang out with you. I like your company.” He glanced up at her. She was looking at him with a blank expression that melted into a grin. They stared at each other until someone’s files dropped, grabbing their attention. Clark, being the helper he is, picked up the files.

“Glad to know you haven’t outgrown me yet.” Chloe commented when he sat down.
                                I love that Clark told Chloe that he'd rather spend time with her than go to some party full of people he doesn't know. I also love how Chloe was so stunned by his admission that she literally froze up for a second before she smiled. I honestly think she didn't realize that Clark felt that way about her. That, or she just loved hearing it. Either way, I love how they stared into each other's eyes, like they were lost in their own little romantic moment. It figures that something would happen to break the moment, and I'm not surprised that Clark helped to pick up the files that were dropped. He's a really good guy.

Around noon, Clark began packing his things up to leave for the inn. Chloe briskly returned to her desk and began gathering things as well.

“Looks like you got your wish. I’m coming with you.”

“Why?” he paused.

“Wow, you made a 180.” She dropped her phone in her purse. “The person I’ve been investigating just checked into the Carriage Inn with his wife.”

“You’re going to follow him on his vacation with his wife?”

“I’ve been trying to get to her the whole time.” She raised her eyebrows and followed him out.
                                It seems suspiciously convenient that Chlark would both be going to the same Inn for different stories. I don't mind, though. Based on Chloe's reaction to Clark's reaction to the news that she'd be going with him, I think she was kinda disappointed that Clark wasn't excited that she was going with him. Makes me wonder if Chloe was hoping something would happen between them.

They decided to take Chloe’s car and bear the hour drive just for the heck of it.
                                I think Chlark decided to drive because they wanted to spend time together, even if it was confined to a car.

The ride was pleasant and before they knew it, they pulled into a scenic driveway with flowers lining the sides. Chloe looked over the cozy blue and white Craftsman that both their stories led them to. Clark opened the door for her and they walked across the homey-furnished living room to the reception desk. Clark breathed in the familiar smell of orange spice and oatmeal cookies that Mrs. Crandle made for the guests.
                                This Inn sounds lovely. And Mrs. Crandle sounds like she knows how to make her guests feel at home. Ooh, and I love that Clark opened the door for Chloe. Who says chivalry is dead?

A smile spread on his face until he glanced down at his new watch and on to his business clothes, down to his shiny shoes.

“I feel weird.” He whispered to Chloe who was peeking at the registry while the desk was still vacant.

“Why?” she leaned over the counter more.

“When I come here, I’m in my work clothes not my work clothes.” He looked over at her. Chloe smiled.

“Oh. I’m sure your appearance hasn’t changed drastically.”

“I know, it’s just…” he trailed off. Chloe touched his forearm.

“You don’t look pompous, if you’re worried. You look handsome, except for your tie.”
                                I love that Clark's concerned about his appearance. I didn't think Clark would be worried about something like that, but I suppose he doesn't want these people, who he's known for years, to think he's too good to be there. I also love that Chloe reassured him and told him he looks handsome. I'm not surprised Clark's tie was ugly, and I'm glad she told him it was ugly, even if she didn't say it in so many words. If you really love someone, you tell them the truth, even if they don't want to hear it.

Before he could say anything, the Crandles’ son James came out to greet them. He had his father’s strong shoulders and dimpled, crooked grin but his mother’s twinkling gray eyes. They chatted a few moments until Mrs. Crandle came out of the kitchen with a tray of coffee and cookies for the reporters. She informed them that Mr. Crandle off in Smallivlle running errands.

“Isn’t Metropolis closer?” Chloe asked while mixing her perfect cup of coffee.

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell him, dear. But he insists that things from the city ‘just don’t have the right feel to them.’” Mrs. Crandle turned to Clark and put her hand on her hip. “Boy have you grown! And so handsome.” Chloe bumped his arm. “Too bad I’m taken.” Mrs. Crandle smiled warmly and complimented herself after biting into one of her cookies. Two hours and two batches of cookies later, the interview sadly came to an end. Chloe had solicited the glad help of James in her efforts to spy on the criminal wife and excused herself.
                                Mrs. Crandle sounds like a lovely woman. She kinda reminds me of Martha. I love the way she complimented Clark and made a show of suggesting that, were she younger, she'd make a play for him. I bet that both embarrassed and horrified Clark. And I love that Chloe elbowed Clark after Mrs. Crandle complimented him. It's as if Chloe was telling him that she wasn't just being nice because she's his friend. Ooh, and I love the description of James. It wasn't really necessary, but it's nice to get a feel for the characters, kinda put a face to the name. Also, I think Mr. Crandle's refusal to buy things from the city is quirky, but it's not surprising for an older gentleman who's lived in a small town his whole life.

“Is it Chloe? She seems like a nice girl.” Mrs. Crandle crossed her hands. Clark nodded and smiled.

“Yeah she is.”

“Is she you’re wife?” she figured he was like her son and didn’t wear his ring while working.

“No.” Clark said quickly and shook his head. Mrs. Crandle pardoned herself.

“I always thought you’d marry young. Oh well, you still got time.” She patted her loose auburn and white bun and squinted her eyes. “You’d make cute babies together.” Clark chuckled nervously and loosened his tie. She patted his knee and took up the tray. “I think I’ve embarrassed you enough. Staying for the night?”

“I don’t think so. We should be heading back.”

“But you’ll stay for an early dinner. I won’t take “no” for an answer.” She kissed his forehead and retreated to the kitchen.
                                I love that Mrs. Crandle asked if Chloe was Clark's wife. She seems like the kinda person who would be interested in something like that, especially because she's known Clark for so long. I'm not surprised that Mrs. Crandle thought Clark would get marry young. Clark's the kinda guy who's always been the wife and kids type. The best part of this exchange was when she said Chlark would make cute babies together. I bet Clark's secretly thought exactly that, but since he and Chloe aren't together, he's probably mightily embarrassed by Mrs. Crandle's observation.

Clark sat back, the open living room to himself. The sun was beginning to set and rays of light lay thickly on the wood floors. Chloe crept through a pair of French doors leading from the dining room. She saw Clark sitting in the chair across the room and silently took a picture with her phone.
                                I wonder why Chloe took a picture of Clark. Surely, she has to have plenty of pictures of him, so why take one with her phone here and now?

She walked over and stood behind him, looking out the window at the serene landscape. Clark stood up and faced Chloe. He watched her blink slowly as she intensely stared outside. Chloe could feel him watching her and shifted her attention to him.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Babies.” He slightly frowned but smirked good-heartedly.
                                I'm kinda confused. Was Chloe thinking about babies or was Clark? If Chloe was, then that's one hell of a coincidence. If Clark was, then I guess Mrs. Crandle accomplished her goal, that being getting Clark to think about getting together with Chloe. You know that's what she was doing with her questions and observations. Anyway, the fact that either or both of them were thinking about babies is a good thing. Especially if they were thinking about having babies with each other.

“Dinner?” They enjoyed dinner with the Crandle family. Mr. Crandle returned right in time for dinner. He was ecstatic to see Clark and brought a distinct happiness and comadery around the table. As Chloe helped Mrs. Crandle to clear the dishes, a roll of thunder boomed nearby.

“Looks like a storm blew in.” Mr. Crandle stood by the window. A soft whisper of rain grew into steady sheets. Clark joined him at the window and watched as mud formed amongst the bright flowers and Chloe’s car tires. Chloe surveyed the outside herself and suggested they leave before it got worse. Mr. Crandle would hear nothing of it, insisting that he didn’t want them getting wet trying to un-stick her car. Clark knew he could lift the car easily out of the mud and send them on their merry way back to Metropolis, but he didn’t want to draw attention. Clark glanced at Chloe as if asking her what she wanted to do. Chloe returned his look and sighed.

“Are there any rooms?” she asked no one in particular. James checked the registry and shook his head.
                                “I’m so sorry you guys. We’re booked. I could let you sleep in the Great Room. We don’t unlock the doors until 9, is that all right?” they both nodded. James left to retrieve extra blankets while the elderly couple treated them to hot cocoa. The family retreated to their rooms as it neared midnight, leaving Chloe and Clark alone for the first time since they had arrived. Clark started a fire in the ornate fireplace and settled on his cot next to Chloe.
                                Things seem to be setting up nicely for a romantic evening between Chlark. First, they have a wonderful dinner that has a very familial atmosphere. Then, they get stuck at the Inn due to a storm. And finally, there aren't any rooms available, so they have to share the Great Room, which just happens to have a fireplace. Sounds like the perfect setup for a romance to blossom.

“Now what’s wrong with my tie? It matches my shirt.” Clark watched lie back couch and shake with laughter.

“No it doesn’t. It’s not rich brown, it’s puke brown.” She glanced down at him and shook her head. “I’m burning it as soon as we get back.” Clark swatted at her threat and took a gulp of cocoa.
                                Chloe didn't follow through on her threat to burn his tie. That being the case, how in the world did it end up in the cushions of the couch in Clark's loft? Was it discarded there when Chlark engaged in some spirited nude wrestling? In any case, I love the playfulness between Chlark.

“I didn’t mean to push you into going to the party.” she said after a while. He looked at her, and glanced back at his drink. “I just don’t want you to feel alone.” The fire seemed to be the background music for their sentimental moment.

“I don’t: I have you.” Clark smiled. She remembered he said something like before, but she didn’t take it to heart until now.

“Well just in case you get tired of me…” Clark tilted his head towards her and raised his brow. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “You might.”

“Never.”
                                It's sweet of Chloe not to want Clark to be alone, but it's silly of her to think that he'd get tired of her. I guess her old insecurities are still with her, but they shouldn't be. Anyway, I love that Clark keeps telling her that he loves being with her, even if it's just as friends.

He stared straight. “My dad would take me out here and…just talk to me…or we’d just sit in silence.” He spoke softly as if speaking louder would dissipate the memory. Clark missed his father but was no longer saddened when thinking about him; he was at peace. Chloe set her hand on his shoulder. He looked over at her serious face, seemingly on the brink of tears. “Don’t look at me like that.”

“Like what?”

“Teary eyed. Am I depressing you?” he frowned slightly. Chloe blinked and squinted.

“Whatever. I just yawned.” She hit his shoulder. “You can never depress me with stories of your family.”
                                Clark's trip down memory lane was unexpected but not unwelcome. It's good that he can think of his father without feeling sad or depressed or guilty. And I love that Chloe was on the brink of tears as Clark recounted his story. She clearly loves Clark and his entire family, and she feels sad for his loss, even if Clark no longer does. Also, I love that Clark didn't want her to be sad or depressed because of him and that Chloe tried to cover her emotional moment by making an excuse and playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

He grinned and shifted to his side, trying to find words to say. After a few failed attempts, he managed to say something.

“Are you doing anything tomorrow night?”

“Uh…” she blew out air. “Not that I know of. Why?” she sipped, her hazel eyes peeking over the brim of the mug.

“I want to take you somewhere tomorrow night.” He shrugged and slipped his hands in his pockets.

“Sure.” She said simply. “You’ve never asked like this before.”

“I know but I didn’t mean it like I mean it now. ” She glanced at him and thought for a moment.

“Are you asking me on a date?” she set her mug down on an end table.

“Is there something wrong?”

“I wouldn’t call it wrong, but…I’m your friend.” Chloe scoffed as Clark nodded.

“True, but we’re also both adults. Both single. You’re also an attractive woman and I’m also a guy you find to be handsome.” Her stomach dropped at his words. She felt like the ground had been taken away from her and that she was left floating. “And…I think it would be a good thing.” she watched him curiously and pondered on what he proposed.

“I suppose.” She inhaled and glanced to the side before staring at her hands. “So when you said you like my company, were you being friendly or trying to tell me something?”

“Do you want the safe answer or the scary one?”

“The real one.” Chloe tossed some hair out of her face and glanced at him.

“I may have been hinting.”
                                I love Clark's subtle way of asking Chloe out. It's like he was treading lightly, because he didn't want to freak her out by just saying, "Chloe, will you go out with me?" I also love that Chloe had to make sure whether Clark was asking her out on a friend date or an actual date date. I really love that Chloe was skeptical and Clark had to make his case for why they should go out. Clearly, Chloe wants to make sure Clark's serious about dating her before she risks their friendship.

She stared at him for a long time before moving away to the fireplace. She watched the flames flicker around the charred blocks of wood. She was startled to find Clark standing there are took a step back, nearly tripping into the flames. Clark caught her and held her tightly.

“Oh my gosh Clark.”

“You almost fell into the fireplace.” He held onto her waist, still mentally reeling from the catastrophe that could have happened.

“If you weren’t creeping, I wouldn’t have stepped back, thus I wouldn’t have been in danger of falling into the fireplace.” He brushed up her side, and touched her cheek with his hot hand.

Chloe smiled and stood on her toes. She tilted her head to kiss him, but missed his lips and pecked his stubbly cheek. Clark frowned as Chloe scoffed at her purposeful avoidance and pulled her closer, away from the fire. She cocked her head; her nose brushing by his, and lightly touched his lips. She kissed him again, more firmly and again. It wasn’t the hard, dramatic romance novel-esque kiss ridden with throbbing passion that Chloe had concocted in her mind. It was quite chaste and Clark seemed to just stand there and let her kiss him, which inadvertently made it more sensual. She broke away when a log behind her cracked and split. Clark lazily pulled her the couch. She fell into his arms and enjoyed a deep, heavy lip-lock.
                                This is an excellent and utterly beautiful romantic moment between Chlark. I love that Chloe first accused Clark of almost causing the accident and then kissed him. And I really love that Chloe purposefully kissed Clark's cheek in an attempt to avoid a romantic moment, but Clark refused to settle for it, which resulted in Chloe kissing him, multiple times on the lips. I absolutely love that Chloe had been fantasizing about kissing Clark and that their romantic moment was nothing like the one she envisioned. Makes me wonder how much time she spends fantasizing about kissing Clark.

“Wait – we have to do this right.” She laid her hand on his sturdy chest. “It’s a regular date, right? Like regular guys do with potential mates?”

“Regular guys, huh? I’m an intergalactic sun-powered traveler. I don’t do regular anymore.” He took her hand in his.

“You like throwing that out there don’t you?” she said flatly.

“I do…if it gets me girls like you.”

“And it only took you like,” she shrugged her shoulders and looked away, “ten years.” Chloe’s tone was mildly bitter. “Eight o’clock.”

“Eight.” He repeated. “At an establishment.”

“An establishment?” she asked as he lowered himself to the floor. “Clark? Clark.”

“Good night Chlo.” He rested his head on his pillow and shut his eyes. He could hear Chloe muttering under her breath as she lay in her cot. She nudged him playfully and turned her back to him. Clark scoffed and nudged her back, resulting in Chloe gasping in shock. He scooted behind her and threw his arm around her.
                                Chlark are so adorable! I love that Chloe had to make sure that Clark was taking her on a "regular date." I also love that Clark said he doesn't do regular, because he's an intergalactic, sun-powered traveler, and that he likes throwing that out there if it gets him girls like her. Chloe's bitterness is understandable, but I'm glad she's willing to put aside her past hurt in order to take a chance with Clark now. I also love that Chloe set the time and Clark set the place, even though he was pretty vague about said place. And their playfulness is so cute and so very them. The best part, though, was when Clark wrapped his arm around her as they drifted off to sleep. It's a perfect way for Chlark to agree to go on a date.

The next morning, they removed the mud around the car and bade the Crandles goodbye, but not before Mrs. Crandle reminded Clark of his adorable future babies.
                                I hope Clark proves Mrs. Crandle right by having a lot of adorable babies with Chloe.

“Are you coming to bed?”

“Yeah. I didn’t hear you.” he sat up. Chloe shuffled over, gripping his red jacket closer.

“What are reminiscing about?” she sat on his lap and leaned back on his shoulder.

“Our second date.”

“Dinner at that restaurant with the weird waitress?” she asked. He shook his head.

“The Inn.”

“That wasn’t really a date. That was…us being stranded.” She said wryly.

“I consider it a date.”

“Then that wasn’t our second date, that was our first.”

“Spring Formal was our first.”

“Ahh.” She smiled. “That was the longest follow-up “date” ever.” He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her.
                                Damn right! Ten years between dates is much too long. If they kept up that pace, they wouldn't have gotten married for a couple of centuries.

Comments,
                                I love this story!! It's very sweet, and it's great to see how Chlark started their romance. Also, the way they started it is so very Chlark-like and oh-so perfect.

concerns,
                                I'm concerned that these glimpses into the life of married!Chlark are almost over. I'm also concerned that I won't have any more Chlarky goodness from you to enjoy.

feedback,
                                I thought that's what I was doing this whole time.

hopes,
                                I hope, before all is said and done, that Chloe tells Clark she's pregnant. I love Chlark babies, and I'd really love Clark to tell Chloe that Mrs. Crandle told him they would make cute babies. Also, I hope you're not serious about this almost being over.

dreams....?
                                I dream of a world where SV played out completely differently, where Chlark got together in the first season and stayed together through the end of the series and beyond. I also dream of a world where this sequence of stories doesn't end.

Next up...red lace and the effect it has on our friendly Superman.
                                Ooh, Chloe in sexy red lingerie!!! Sounds like my kind of story!!! Hmm, what effect does Chloe in red lace have on Superman? I bet it's similar to the effect Chloe in red lace has on me. Seriously, I can't wait to find out, and I hope Clark does more than enjoy the sight of Chloe in red lace.

Awesome work, yet again!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonder Chlarky masterpiece with us, and I look forward to more in the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎