Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of the Once Upon A Time Pilot?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miray
    Also, did anybody else think Pinocchio looked like little Alexander from season 10 of SV? He had a very small part, but I think it was him.
    You have a good eye! It WAS Jakob Davies as Pinocchio... and of course he played the youngest Alexander on Smallville

Comment

Hi! I'm new to this forum I liked the premier a lot. My favorite characters were definitely Emma and Henry, also the evil witch.

There is something I didn't understand (maybe they will explain it in later episodes), how is it that Henry knows that these people really are fairytale characters?

Comment

Originally posted by V_KaMG
        Hi! I'm new to this forum
        Welcome to the forum!

There is something I didn't understand (maybe they will explain it in later episodes), how is it that Henry knows that these people really are fairytale characters?
        That's a big question that I hope they answer at some point because right now we don't know. We just know that he has the book and knows the stories from it.

Comment

I hope we eventually find out who Henry's dad is. I hope he comes into play in a special way.

Comment

Question:
            What I don’t understand is why would the witch give herself the same fate as everyone else she cursed? Wouldn’t it be more rewarding to watch her plan from a far?

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
              Question:
              What I don’t understand is why would the witch give herself the same fate as everyone else she cursed? Wouldn’t it be more rewarding to watch her plan from a far?
              I think the Evil Queen gets a sick enjoyment out of seeing Snow White without love and Charming in a hospital bed, etc.

The Queen gets to be the Mayor of the town and rule over them. Until Emma comes to town, she probably found that pretty rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                You have a good eye! It WAS Jakob Davies as Pinocchio... and of course he played the youngest Alexander on Smallville
                I thought he looked familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                  I think the Evil Queen gets a sick enjoyment out of seeing Snow White without love and Charming in a hospital bed, etc.

The Queen gets to be the Mayor of the town and rule over them. Until Emma comes to town, she probably found that pretty rewarding.
                  But it doesn't look like Regina knows she's the queen, or about John Doe in the hospital. Plus, she's not really ruling over them as Mayor, since apparently Mr. Gold (I think that's his name) owns the whole town. He's the one that seems to have more power.

Comment

Hi! I'm new to this forum I liked the premier a lot. My favorite characters were definitely Emma and Henry, also the evil witch.

Welcome to the site

Im wondering that too. Guess when we find out where he got the book and if someone told him about it we will know.

Just a little theory but what if Henry is supposed to be the Narrator. Like in early disney movies youd have a book open and a narrator telling you the story about a princess and an evil queen. Could make sense cause it always started like "Once upon a time a long long time ago there was such and such" so maybe that person was Henry when hes an adult and since the stories always take place a long long time ago then Henry could totally be a part of fairy tale land.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Question:

Thats what i was wondering. Could mean she screwed it up or she used her magic to perform the curse but the curse wasnt hers. Maybe Rumple had something to do with it. Im guessing thats where it will lead cause its a bit obvious but what he gets out of it who knows.
                    Last edited by superhippie2000; 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      Thank you

Question:
                      When she looked into the mirror I got the impression she does know about the curse, she just didn't know that Henry was aware of everything. I got the same impression from Mr. Gold when he welcomed Emma at the Bed and Breakfast.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                      Welcome to the site

Im wondering that too. Guess when we find out where he got the book and if someone told him about it we will know.

Just a little theory but what if Henry is supposed to be the Narrator. Like in early disney movies youd have a book open and a narrator telling you the story about a princess and an evil queen. Could make sense cause it always started like "Once upon a time a long long time ago there was such and such" so maybe that person was Henry when hes an adult and since the stories always take place a long long time ago then Henry could totally be a part of fairy tale land.
                      Thank you!

That's a good theory, but doesn't explain how he knows about everything. Maybe Mr. Gold has filled him into everything and helped him find Emma (they said Emma had asked for a closed adoption, therefore there was no way for Henry to find her unless someone knew her and knew Henry was her son and told him where to find her).

Comment

Ya Im sure Mr Gold has a lot to do with whats going on. I think he being somewhat responsible is predictable but his motives might be more of a twist. Im not too sure yet if we should consider him a good guy or bad guy. In general terms he is a bad guy but what hes doing could always have him turn out to be a hero.

Especially if its a closed adoption it would be harder for Henry to find any info and i doubt he is smart enough to break into the adoption agency and look up all that info. Someone totally had to give him a nudge in the right direction. We will get answers eventually just dont know when. Probably not till the end of the season but hey if they gave everything away now who would watch the rest of the show lol.

Comment

I really liked it! Ever since Smallville ended, I haven't been faithfully watching any particular show, but I have a feeling I'll be watching this on a weekly basis. Loved the last scene with the clock!

Comment

Anybody catch Leroy (A.K.A. Grumpy) whistling "Whistle While You Work"? I thought that was a clever little bit.

Yes, the Real World is where Happy Endings don't exist (which is super deep to me).
                            And actually kind of depressing when you really think about it.

I give it a 7. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and with the exception fo some poor dialogue in a few parts, (mostly in the fairy tale sequences), I liked it a lot.
                            Last edited by Dagenspear; 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I found this surprisingly entertaining and intriguing.

Comment

Question:
                                Rumplestiltskin was the master mind that came up with the curse, and still is in charge of all, he knows everything from before. He must have made himself immuned to the effects of the curse other than traveling there with the others. He knows the whole story..............he got Henry for the Mayor..............He had to be the one that gave the book to Mary Margret so that she would pass it on to Henry.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎