Transformers 4 & 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll buy mine as soon as possible.

Comment

Wow already? Don't waste any time now! Shia said he was done with Transformers though... dunno how it would go without him. IMO the first was the best, followed by the third. And although still fun, the second one sucked lol.

Comment

The second one had Megan Fox, so it was okay with me.

Comment

I think we could always see Shia somehow. He's still alive in the franchise so it's possible.

Comment

I liked Megan Fox in the first one, coz at least she had a decent(ish) role, and she was naturally hot. In the second one she was overdone and it was sooo damn obvious that she was only in it for the eye candy. She's a bad actress lol. At least Rosie was (IMO) much hotter and had a pretty solid role in the third film.

Comment

Yeah, this is a major point of contention, but I found Rosie much more attractive and much more convincing in her role. Fox lost her appeal for me at some point after I'd already seen the first one.

Do we even need human characters in these films? I admit to not knowing anything about Transformers outside of these movies (sorry), but why can't the robots carry a story by themselves? Does it even have to be on Earth?
              Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 12-10-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Doesn't have to take place on Earth but I think it helps keep it grounded somehow.

I liked Megan in the first one too but what happened between the first two films? She loox so much different in the second movie.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  Yeah, this is a major point of contention, but I found Rosie much more attractive and much more convincing in her role. Fox lost her appeal for me at some point after I'd already seen the first one.

Do we even need human characters in these films? I admit to not knowing anything about Transformers outside of these movies (sorry), but why can't the robots carry a story by themselves? Does it even have to be on Earth?
                  Fox was good eye candy but whatever she did or said never convinced me. I thought Rosie would be worse but I actually ended up liking her.

Seems like about 90% of the human cast is for comedic relief so I think there could be like one or two humans involved. I'm glad Shia isn't coming back since all he did was yell and act all ADHD.

Comment

^Exactly. Most of the human characters are just ridiculous. While comic relief is good to have in small doses, these films have very large doses, and it takes away from the story. I feel like the Autobots have been backseat supporting characters in a comedy film when they should be the protagonists in an action film. It seems like they're supposed to have distinct personalities, but I couldn't tell you what they are. I don't even know Optimus Prime very well as a character, and he's the main Autobot. Hence, his short-lived death in the second movie did not have nearly the impact it should have.

I don't know how many people share my opinion on this, but I'd rather have the film grounded in the humanity of the Autobots than in a human third person who cluelessly watches everything unfold. I'd rather cheer for Optimus, not Sam Witwicky.
                    Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 12-12-2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

As long as the movie is written well and fun, I'll watch no matter what.

Comment

Date has been set. The Transformers return on June 29, 2014 with Transformers 4!

Comment

I guess they'd be fools not to capitalize on such box office success. In spite of the movies being panned by critics and viewers alike, they sure raked in a lot of dough.

Comment

The Good News: If Michael Bay is involved, it means he can't be involved on other projects in which I might actually be interested.

The Bad News: I like Transformers and this means there will be released yet another movie in a largely unwatchable franchise. Yet another movie I won't be able to enjoy based on a property I like.

My Saving Grace: Skyfall and The Avengers. As of right now, these are the only two franchise films I'm excited for AND not terribly worried about.

Comment

Report on darkhorizons.com states that it looks like Tyrese, Duhamel, Shia and Rosie will all not be back at all. The plan is to switch the POV of the audience from the humans to the robots in disguise.

Comment

I'm certainly in favor of more robots and less humans.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎