No announcement yet.

Anyone else not feeling this show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
    Agreed. But we know how money hungry the CW is. (not saying I blame them... they need all they can get ) They don't really care if the cast is good, so long as they're making money. And putting Kevin Williamson behind it made them some money.

As for Elena, she's one of the best female lead characters on tv right now, imo.
    She stands up for herself and those she loves, even when it seems silly to do so because she's surrounded by so many powerful creatures who could easily crush her.

And she didn't just give up when Stefan left.
    Elena RULES.

Cassie don't need to cry because he burned someone who was going to kill her. She barely knew Nick, and less the grandfather of Faye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
      Except Elena actually emotes her feelings. Sure, she will have some facepalm moments like when she stared blankly at Stefan's list of victims, but at least she shows that she cares for other people. Cassie killed her date to the dance and acted like it was just another day at the office.
      Complete disagree about Elena! She shows nothing. Jenna dies...she doesn't seem to care. She didn't seem to care that Klaus won again at the end of the last episode...and most likely her friends will all die. I think with Elena and Cassie...and with shows like this...we're susppose to use "suspension of disbelief"...I think Julie once mentioned that in one of her interviews.

Comment

I am a Britt Robertson fan so I have given this show a chance...I enjoy it...I didn't think I would but I do.

Comment

What happened to this show????

I was so stoked for this show when it was first anounnced and when it got picked up to series, I was insanely happy. The trailers, short promos, pictures etc. were all very promising and I was certain that this show will be as good, or if not, even better than TVD! The pilot was amazing and even episode 2 held my expectation but after that...the show kind of lost its ground and the writing...got even worse by each episodes. I still donīt know what the writers are actually doing. All the characters seem so bland. The character of Nick was under used and he seemed to have only one particular scene in each episodes...no need to explain that even further. Episode 5 got me a bit more excited again but after that, and with the introduction of Jake, it went downhill for me! Jake annoys me to death and that pretentious creaky voice, makes me want to punch his face whenever he opens his mouth! All the characters lack depth!

In short, I am very disappointed with the show so far! The pilot, like I said, had great promise but I just hope, that the writers will improve the story line when the show returns in Jan.

I wanted to love this show, but at the rate it is going now, it is very doubtful that I will!
          Last edited by phoenixforce86; 12-01-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I actually have to disagree with you. Every new episode that aired only improved on the one before it. When Jake came into the show, that's when we really got a storyline going for this season with the witch hunters and the council (which will be expanded more on when the show comes back) and for me, it's when the show actually got even better. And the inclusion of Cassie's dark magic makes for a really interesting appeal not only for her, but on how it will be affecting the Circle as well. Plus, let's not forget that lingering question on who this new Blackwell child may be and what that's going to cause for the future. All of this has really increased the interest of the storyline. I don't think any of the characters of the show are bland either or lack depth. As a matter of fact, they are actually building depth. To be honest, this is one show where I find myself liking the entire cast and I'm liking the growth of them and how they didn't choose to be a group, but were sort of pulled towards each other because of what they are.

I also like the fact that the show doesn't solely focus just on the Circle, but the adults and past generations as well. The fact that we're not sure what it is that Charles and Dawn want is great in my opinion. They also have them in a gray area. Are they actually evil, or are they good? It's a strong point for their characters in the show. Also, [SPOILER][SPOILER AHEAD], the fact that we're getting a flashback episode in Ep. 12 when the show returns is something to really look forward to, because that means we're going to see the Circle's parents when they were teenagers and some of the things they did. Giving us more information on them too. [/SPOILER]

In short, it's heading in a good direction and I'm sure it's only going to go up from here. The story is unraveling, the characters and relationships are building, we're beginning to learn more, but at the same time we're also left with questions that keep the show so interesting as well.

So, I'm sorry, but I'm actually going to have to disagree with you on this.
            Last edited by Sugar; 12-01-2011, 03:21 PM. Reason: use spoiler tags

Comment

i am in the group that stopped watching. i read these books a while ago when they 1st came out. ( not the reprint ) but when they 1st came out, just like tvd. and i wish it had the chemistry the books did because its nothing (for me) like the books were.

Comment

I'm also in the group that stopped watching. I think I lasted 5 or 6 episodes. The main thing for me was that none of the characters were all that likeable. That and the smut. I just don't enjoy watching teens have sex I guess. Maybe I'll pick it up in the summer when there is nothing else to watch - or maybe not.

For what it's worth, I only got 3 or 4 episodes into Ringer before I lost interest, so the Secret Circle has that at least.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎