Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revenge (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge has been renewed for a fourth season, according to TVLine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aries83
      I can't believe I'm about to say this, but: Last night's episode was f****** AMAZING!
      I must say, your tastes have certainly improved since the time you turned on Betrayal because you're right, this WAS a great episode. lol You could say, I'm proud of you, Aries... (Well, let's not go nuts.) Just kidding.

So, Conrad knows he's been had, and now he's championing for Emily to put Victoria in the same spot?
      While I liked that scene at the end, logically it didn't make a lot of sense, in that why would Emily let Conrad know for sure she was behind it? Conrad's a very dangerous man, who could easily hurt her or someone she cares about even from behind bars. Emily sure does enjoy playing games with life. I guess her need to gloat overwhelmed her common sense. Or she wants Conrad's help to bring down Victoria? Surely Emily could do that all on her own. Oh well, guess we'll see what the finale has in store for us...

Originally posted by Aries83
      Revenge has been renewed for a fourth season, according to TVLine.
      Cool.

Just saw the season finale...

Originally posted by Aries83
      I truly hope Victoria figures out who Emily really is.
      Well you got your wish, and of course they gave us clues in the previous episode that she had figured out (or was on the verge). I was disappointed however in her reaction to finding out the truth, I would have liked an opposite reaction, where Victoria feels bad for her and is on her side (as afterall, she is the daughter of a man she supposedly loved). That said, Vicitoria said something about Emily not really knowing her father at all, and then they showed him murdering Conrad in cold blood. Is it possible David Clark wasn't so completely "innocent" afterall?

Aiden died pretty quickly and I dare say pathetically. After everything he's survived, he got done in like that...pretty sad.

Jack's going to the big house for kidnapping Charlotte... Game over, Jack Porter. Game over.

Overall it was a strange season finale. In some ways it felt like they could have ended the series if they wanted to. Will the next season be about Emily getting revenge on her own father?
      Last edited by Xanderman; 05-12-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xanderman
        I must say, your tastes have certainly improved
        Well, it just goes to show how uneven the season was as a whole. One week, I loathe an episode, the next week I love it. I'm hoping they hire some new writers next season.

While I liked that scene at the end, logically it didn't make a lot of sense, in that why would Emily let Conrad know for sure she was behind it? Conrad's a very dangerous man, who could easily hurt her or someone she cares about even from behind bars. Emily sure does enjoy playing games with life. I guess her need to gloat overwhelmed her common sense.
        Well, maybe now his glib reaction makes a lot of sense in light of the finale.

Just saw the season finale...

Well you got your wish, and of course they gave us clues in the previous episode that she had figured out (or was on the verge). I was disappointed however in her reaction to finding out the truth, I would have liked an opposite reaction, where Victoria feels bad for her and is on her side (as afterall, she is the daughter of a man she supposedly loved).
        I think I would've been fine no matter which way it went based on the fact that she actually found out. I would've rather she found out than not, because I just can't stand it when they make a character so oblivious to what's right in front of them.

However, you're right to bring up her guilt, because in flashbacks, she seemed conflicted (and almost sad) watching the feds rip Amanda away from her father the night he was arrested.

Also, there seem to be a lot of people (commenting on news sites) that Victoria shouldn't be blaming Pascal's death on Emily since it was the handiwork of Conrad and Daniel. They are also forgetting the fact that Emily posed as a Homeland Security agent and asked Pascal to wear the wire in order to tape Conrad's confession. So, in a way, Emily's actions put Pascal on the roof just as much as Conrad took him up there. Victoria probably thinks that Pascal might've lived had he not been asked to put himself in Conrad's presence. Thus, she partly blames Emily.

Vicitoria said something about Emily not really knowing her father at all, and then they showed him murdering Conrad in cold blood. Is it possible David Clark wasn't so completely "innocent" afterall?
        I'm sure they'll tackle that, but: What crime did he commit to pale in comparison to being framed and imprisoned like he was?

Aiden died pretty quickly and I dare say pathetically. After everything he's survived, he got done in like that...pretty sad.
        I'm glad. Now, she can stop going back and forth between men. That was getting old. However, I will say that it would've been a lot more satisfying if "Margaux-away" had been under that pillow instead of Mathis.

Jack's going to the big house for kidnapping Charlotte... Game over, Jack Porter. Game over.
        All of it could've been avoided had he told her the complete truth, which I'm sure will be her arc next season. In the meantime, since he probably feels like it's Emily's place to come clean in that regard, he'll have to do the time for Charlotte's sake, which is kind of sad.

Overall it was a strange season finale. In some ways it felt like they could have ended the series if they wanted to. Will the next season be about Emily getting revenge on her own father?
        That's a good question, and it's one I've seen in almost every article discussing the finale.

I think it would be silly. However, think of all of the lives she (and the people who helped her) ruined in his name. She'll probably be really angry, but I don't think it would be enough for her to go after her father.

If you were underwhelmed by the finale, Xanderman, look at it this way: Victoria helped Gordon Murphy put Emily's mother in the psychiatric hospital right before Clarke was arrested. Now, Emily has returned the favor – just like David did when he stabbed Conrad in the stomach, which was exactly the way he "died" in prison. So, Victoria's fate mirrors Kara's and Conrad's mirror's her father's. You could say Revenge is complete.

Also, here's a theory of mine: I'm pretty sure the guard (Officer Mostrowski) who helped Conrad escape also helped David Clarke fake his death (directly or indirectly). This was confirmed when he gave Conrad instructions on where to go to get picked up after he walked out of the prison. Clarke was the one in the van, which proves Mostrowski was working for him (or knew him) well before Conrad put him on his payroll.
        Last edited by Aries83; 05-14-2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Hey the finale had the sense of movement back again like the show had in season 1. Way to go, finale. I'll be sure to watch the last two episodes next year too! Although having David Clark alive does sort of render the whole show pointless in some ways. It seems Ems lost one loved one and will be getting another long-lost loved one back. Even Steven. And Conrad better not climb up off of the pavement!!!! Did you notice how Clark didn't really bother to confirm the dude's injuries were lethal? Do they need him as a character so badly that they'd have him get up and crawl to a hospital???? ....Ha, Madelyn Stowe! That's a good drop spot for her to spend the summer at.

uh-oh! This also means the White Haired Man whom Emily beat up and proabably killed (?) was actually the guy who'd disappeared her father out of prison, "killing" him instead of.... killing him. So she mistakenly took down a good guy and the love of her mom's life (?) ! So.... she'll be learning where revenge got her next year.
          Last edited by InactiveUserID; 05-14-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by InactiveUserID
            the finale had the sense of movement back again like the show had in season 1. Way to go, finale. I'll be sure to watch the last two episodes next year too!
            Yeah, the sense of urgency that the first season (and even part of the second season) had was missing this year. It's kind of a shame that it takes so long to get somewhere, but that's most TV anyway.

having David Clark alive does sort of render the whole show pointless in some ways.
            So true. Where the heck do they go now? I just don't see what their plan is.

It seems Ems lost one loved one and will be getting another long-lost loved one back. Even Steven.
            Yeah, it's funny: If and when they reunite, they'll both be so hardened and so much colder than either will remember the other being. Can't wait to see that.

Conrad better not climb up off of the pavement!!!! Did you notice how Clark didn't really bother to confirm the dude's injuries were lethal? Do they need him as a character so badly that they'd have him get up and crawl to a hospital????
            I read an article recently that stated that they haven't decided if he's dead or not, so there's a chance it might not stick. If it's any consolation, Nick Wechsler (Jack) says Conrad's death has to stick since so many in the past haven't.

Ha, Madelyn Stowe! That's a good drop spot for her to spend the summer at.
            Right? They should just rename the show, "Victoria, Interrupted."

This also means the White Haired Man whom Emily beat up and proabably killed (?) was actually the guy who'd disappeared her father out of prison, "killing" him instead of.... killing him. So she mistakenly took down a good guy and the love of her mom's life (?) ! So.... she'll be learning where revenge got her next year.
            LOL. It's a possibility, but: I think that prison guard who helped Conrad was involved in helping David as well.
            Last edited by Aries83; 05-15-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• So, what did everyone think about the Season 4 premiere of Revenge?

I'm conflicted.

I don't mind that Emily/Amanda got her revenge and that they want to take the show in a different direction, but:

Her trying to get revenge for some random girl she knew nothing about (other than reading what happened to her in the paper)? Beyond weak.

Alluding to the fact that she was addicted to revenge and Nolan calling her an addict was a bit much.

The only bright spot was the career change for Jack, which will hopefully open up the character more. It's better than having him slinging drinks all the time.

I thought for sure that Victoria would be analyzed more in that institution than what we got, but I love anything Madeline Stowe does.

I'm intrigued by David Clarke's storyline and I didn't mind the flashback with Aiden.

What I didn't like:
              • Charlotte - Sure, her kidnapping was bad (even though it was staged), but I doubt she was that traumatized – not to the point that she'd just go around treating everybody like ****. But hey, at least she's different this year.
              • Mar-go-away and her greasy, snot-nosed brother - Even with a makeover, she's boring as hell (and her brother is just as useless as she is. There's nothing interesting about her being with Daniel either *ZzzzZzz*
              • Daniel - He's still as boring and useless as ever – even with a bottle in his hand. Seriously, he's been nursing booze for half a season now and it hasn't improved his personality (and it never will).

Comment

• So, last week's episode of Revenge. I'll just say what I didn't like:
                • Victoria lying to David about who Emily really was - Really? I can't see how that WON'T come back and bite her in the ass big time later on.
                • David apparently not recognizing his own daughter - Again, really? For the record, this will make him the 2nd person (and parent) who didn't recognize his own child – the first being Kara Clarke. I know this is Revenge, but honestly, a parent WOULD recognize their own child.

Where will they go with this? I thought – while watching that scene of him watching Emily stroll through her old house at night – that he knew it was his daughter. Then, he explains to Victoria that "somebody moved into your house" and "I couldn't find you," or something to that effect. There's just an air of implausibility here. Or, are they going where I hope they'll go, which is: He did recognize his daughter and he KNOWS Victoria is lying about it? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Some other points:
                • Margaux/Daniel's takedown of snot-nosed Gideon was undeniably BORING and PREDICTABLE. For the love of God, would they just get rid of these two already?! They add absolutely NOTHING to this show.
                • Charlotte's 180 - I totally did NOT see that coming. Based on the preview, it looks like she runs back to Mommie Dearest Grayson and whines that she'd been lied to. It's a valid point, but her reaction was just too extreme for me. It also looks like Victoria is pitting David against his own daughter. Well, I guess they have to give these characters something to do because if they didn't muddy-up the existing conflicts, there would be no show. But, I was truly hoping he would recognize his own daughter. But, I've been watching for 3 years, so I'm not bailing now.
                Last edited by Aries83; 10-11-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Last night's episode was such an improvement over last week's.

I knew Emily would cover for Charlotte, so no surprises there.

Favorite momets:
                  • Victoria holding a rifle. The show may have changed its tone, but Madeline Stowe just knocks it out of the park regardless of material. She deserves an Emmy for this before the show is over.
                  • David Clarke and the fact that he had a very slight realization that he was looking down upon his own daughter! There's no denying. Part of me was expecting a montage of young Emily's face to flash across the screen to illustrate his memory, which I'm sure would've happened had Nolan not interrupted. Still, he did recognize her ever so slightly, so kudos to the writers/producers for not treating him like a complete idiot, which would've been painful to watch. But, what will he do with this information? Part of me thinks he'll run back to Victoria and play stupid just to see if she's being disingenuous about who Emily Thorne really is or not. Another part of me wishes he would go back and berate her for trying to perpetuate such a big lie (and her little admission that it was Charlotte who elicited Conrad's confession? B****, please!)

Everybody knows how I feel about Mar-go-away and Daniel, so I won't waste the time.

One thing I could do with less of: Officer Hunter's constant need to probe every person he comes into contact with. What is that about?

Other than that, a great episode. I'm also pretty sure, since the trailer wasn't deceptive about Charlotte finding out last week, that Amanda and her father will come face to face with one another next week. Can't wait for that (and does he willingly put himself into a lineup so he can see if Emily is his other daughter? I'm truly hoping they won't use a one-way mirror so father and daughter can really see each other!)
                  Last edited by Aries83; 10-13-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• My thoughts/takeaways from the last episode:
                    • While I was slightly disappointed that there was a one-way mirror involved in Emily's reunion with her father, Emily VanCamp's tearful reaction couldn't have been anymore perfect.
                    • It was pretty obvious – during David and Victoria's conversation at the start of the episode – that David wasn't believing anything coming out of Victoria's mouth and he was just telling her what she wanted to hear (about being confused and not feeling well).
                    • I loved how effortlessly David seemed to lie to the FBI about what happened after he had been stabbed in prison. His speech with Victoria about no longer being anyone's prisoner cemented, at least to me, that he's more self-aware than anyone realizes. I still think he recognized Amanda, too, but won't realize who she is until a little later on.
                    • At this point, with the way this season is unfolding, I think the show is headed towards a Series Finale in May. I just don't see where they could possibly go once David and Amanda reunite. However, there's been a lot of payoff in terms of the story for those of us who have been watching from the very beginning. So, props to the writers/execs on that front.
                    Last edited by Aries83; 10-21-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• It's okay if you fast forward through the scenes with police guy, Nolan guy, Charlotte, and also scenes in which you can tell nothing is going to happen because something just happened so they're only going to be talking about what happened. I've gotten it down to like 15 minutes that way. The new crazy lady with money to invest by the pool had my full attention though. And I now want Nolan to hook up with the French lady who has the same haircut as him. He'd say, "I'm normally gay, but with you I feel like I'm banging myself almost, which is maybe what I've truly been seeking all along," and she'd reply, "I feel the same way! I'm ready to leave the show now so Grayson can get it on with that redhead!"

Comment

• Originally posted by InactiveUserID
                        It's okay if you fast forward through the scenes with police guy, Nolan guy, Charlotte, and also scenes in which you can tell nothing is going to happen because something just happened so they're only going to be talking about what happened. I've gotten it down to like 15 minutes that way.
                        Funny, that's how I feel about ALL of Daniel and Mar-go-away's scenes. I just CANNOT stand them anymore. Honestly, it surprises me that Marg-HO is still on the show. Seriously, all she does is whine about her stupid, fake magazine and, as of now, obsess about who Daniel might be sleeping with behind her back. She's so BORING.

The new crazy lady with money to invest by the pool had my full attention though.
                        Hah! B**** is seriously obsessed with Victoria for some reason. Why, I'm not sure, but I don't find her as interesting as you do. The whole Southern Belle thing is so played out.

I now want Nolan to hook up with the French lady who has the same haircut as him. He'd say, "I'm normally gay, but with you I feel like I'm banging myself almost, which is maybe what I've truly been seeking all along," and she'd reply, "I feel the same way! I'm ready to leave the show now so Grayson can get it on with that redhead!"
                        Mar-go-away sleeping with someone like Nolan still wouldn't make her interesting.

I'm fine with her Revenge mission being over, really, because I just want Emily to reunite with her damn father already.

I was beginning to think that I was the only watching, at least amongst those who post on this forum. I wonder if Xanderman is still watching?

Comment

• My critique of tonight's episode:
                          • I'm so glad they're continuing to not make David complete putty in Victoria's hands, even though she probably wishes he was.
                          • As to whoever it was that tried to mow him down (and that mysterious tattoo), I just hope it doesn't lead to another shady organization a la The Initiative. It's likely that it was a jilted relative of one of Emily's many takedowns looking for revenge, but: The incident was so brief that there weren't really any clues as whether that was the case or not. There's also the possibility that whoever took Charlotte in the last act is working for David. After all, we know he wasn't held captive by Conrad, so he must've had people (or followers) helping him while he stayed hidden.
                          • As for Daniel and Mar-go-away, or should I say, "Dan-gaux?," I could care less about where their relationship is going. However, Margaux's involvement in Emily's plan to help her father might actually make her relevant to the show again. I find it hard to believe that she would give in to Victoria's terms for selling David's story so quickly, which means that Emily probably coached her and Victoria is right where Emily wants her to be with Margaux's help.
                          • Nolan and David's reunion was nice to watch. It was also thoughtful of Nolan to rebuild the box Charlotte ruined a couple eps ago. I wonder if it will come into play in the near future (planting it in Emily's house for David to see if he ever makes it over there?)
                          • How stupid is Officer Hunter? After this episode, I'm guessing he has an IQ of 89? Seriously, his partner mentions that Conrad's downfall was justice for Amanda Clarke...and he thinks Jack is the prime suspect? WHATEVER! How stupid can one person be? His boss is right, too: He keeps sticking his nose into Conrad's murder and he might end up in the morgue. Stupid is as stupid does, though, and I think there may be a possibility that he copied EVERYTHING in the case file and go down that road. I guess we'll see.
                          • As for father and daughter reuniting, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen anytime soon. I think I've come to terms with the fact that it's going to be a slow burn until they do, but hopefully, they'll keep us all entertained – especially now that it looks like he's got his own Revengenda.
                          Last edited by Aries83; 10-26-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• So, I really only had a couple things to say about the November 2nd episode, which is why I saved them for now:
                            • I've had a theory – since the end of last season – that Officer Mostrowski was involved in helping David Clarke fake his death, so it was nice to see that alluded to in some way during the episode – even if Mostrowski probably only decided to save his life and did nothing else (besides let him stay in his garage). I'm sure David went into hiding on his own without any help.
                            • I found it beyond annoying how Jack constantly tried to throw been off the Conrad-Grayson-murder-trail, yet the second evidence linked to David Clarke, he was only happy to jump on Ben's bandwagon and get involved. It was just incredibly stupid.

As for tonight, the cat is officially out of the bag! The second they cut back to the balcony (and she was gone), I knew it was about to hit the fan. I'm thrilled!, but: I wish we could've gotten more than those last two minutes!

My first question after the "reunion": Did Amanda sabotage the power line – knowing full well Victoria would slip out if she went over and told him the truth? Or, was it caused by the storm? I think it could go either way!

Other observations/thoughts:
                            • As much as I cannot stand Daniel, I'm glad he's finally been clued in. If nothing else, at least it makes him relevant to the story again. I actually enjoyed their banter in the elevator, surprisingly, and wouldn't mind scenes like that from time to time.
                            • Victoria - Thus far, I've enjoyed watching the former Queen of the Hamptons being so out of control (with David and Emily) at any given second. To her stripper plot: I knew she was behind it the second that no-name stripper started sounding like a robot. My question: Why is she trying so hard to hold onto David with more secrets and lies? If she honestly believes she has a chance in hell with him once he learns that she did NOTHING to help his daughter (Fauxmanda or not), she's f****** STUPID!
                            • Mar-go-away - As marvelous as Margaux's potential death-by-sauna scene [via Louise] was, they either need to take this Louise Ellis character somewhere worthwhile or '86 the b****. As Victoria said, they were roommates for a day at the hospital, so she has no true connection to the story. She's there to give "Dango-away" something to do, nothing more. I will say this: At least the writers gave Margaux enough sense to punch out the glass. By the way, I laughed as she tried so desperately to get out of there. I just don't care whether she lives or dies. Honestly, the only way they could make Margaux interesting is if she returns Louise's favor and actually kills her stupid a**! Maybe then I'd have some respect for Margaux.
                            • Jack - Was anyone else expecting someone to pop up out of any of the corners in that locker room after he called Emily and told her that he found tattoo guy's dead body? How sloppy of him to even make such a call in the locker room.
                            • Nolan - Something tells me he's going to get a HUGE apology from David soon (and he better!)

I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. At least literally everyone knows who she is now. I can understand why some people tuned out over the years, but I honestly think the show has gotten better – even though there have been some pretty weak episodes throughout its run so far. I just hope that Victoria doesn't wake up with transient global amnesia next week! *shudder*

Comment

• So, last night's episode (I will continue to post here even if no one else does, because I really like this show):

Things I liked:
                              • All the father-daughter scenes.
                              • Believe it or not, Daniel's scenes with Emily - As nauseated as I was watching them during their courtship and doomed marriage over the years, there's something about the way Daniel knowing her secret has changed things [for the better]. I was a little flabbergasted that he encouraged her to keep fighting the fight with his mother to get her father back. As outlandish as it may be, it works. Plus, it's leaps and bounds more interesting than ANY past storyline he's had – even the current stinkbomb with Mar-go-away.
                              • Nolan's reaction to Louise's very special photo collection. It was so soap opera, complete with a little chime of dramatic music. Loved it.

What I didn't like:
                              • David revealing a new threat to Amanda. So, it turns out that a RIVAL of Conrad's faked David's death and held him captive for 20 years? Why? The Grayson family seemed to lose nothing during David's imprisonment (or his time in so-called captivity). What did this "rival" gain by helping him fake his death (and how was it supposed to backfire on Conrad, if they were in fact rivals?)
                              • Louise - Seriously, what does this stupid b**** have to do with the current story? NOTHING! I will say this, though, and I never thought I will say it in a MILLION years, but: I'm rooting for Margaux LeMarchal! When she told Louise she made a mistake by making her an enemy, I LOVED it! There is nothing I want to see more than this dumba** woman (and her Southern-fried titties) put out of her misery! For once, Margaux might actually earn her relevance. I want Louise Ellis dead by Margaux's hand!
                              • Officer Ben-there-done-that - This himbo can go, too! The stick is so far up his a** that I thought I could actually see it in the back of his mouth last night! For plot's sake, we all knew Jack was going to be liaison to the FBI liaison, which is why nobody cares about Ben. Throwing him at Emily isn't going to help, either, so they should just kick him to the curb sooner rather than later.

With all that said, a solid episode.
                              Last edited by Aries83; 11-17-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• So, Revenge was back last night with a new episode.

Here are my notes on some of the major plot points, even if no one reads them but me:
                                • Nolan's betrayal of Louise - I honestly felt sorry for her. However, I was struck by Margaux's blatant STUPIDITY. He told her there was something rotten in Denmark about her father's death, and Margaux orders one of her staff REPORTERS to look into it. That reporter called her f****** brother asking about their father's death, who then told Louise who rightly figured it lead back to Mar-go-away. How STUPID can you be?! If you want to take down a rival – especially one who recently tried to kill you via sauna – you don't assign a staff reporter to do your dirty work. You do it YOURSELF so that you don't get found out! By the way, if they expect us to believe she's really pregnant, it's not going to work. That's the same thing EMILY did to try and keep Daniel away from Sara Munello. Wake up, Daniel! Totally not buying it.
                                • Ben and Emily's "date" - Boring!, although I have to say that when he showed up on her doorstep asking to take her out, it might've been the first time I wasn't instantly annoyed by him. But, they have absolutely NO chemistry with each other, which sucks because it looks like they're going to do some gumshoeing together in order to get Jack away from Kate. Speaking of that reveal, it was totally predictable – mostly for the fact that Jack fell for her BS right from the start. Of course it turns out that she's working for the enemy. *yawn*
                                • Victoria - What a lying b****! The second she had that photo of Emily (with Amanda Clarke's name strewn across it in black Sharpie) delivered to Malcolm Black, everything she said to David about wanting to run away together (Amanda included) was a flat out lie.

Not the best episode in terms of plot, but certainly not the worst. Until next week!

P.S. Who could it possibly be that bites the dust next week – if the trailer isn't a bait and switch? My money is on Louise Ellis: She will be unable to cope with the fallout created by the story Margaux had printed at the last minute. Pair that with Nolan's dishonesty and you have the perfect recipe for one dead, Southern-fried psycho! I guess we'll have to wait and see!
                                Last edited by Aries83; 12-01-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎