Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Revenge (ABC)

So, last night, Nolan had the inclination to swap the boxes out at the last minute. I wasn't even considering that as a possibility, but I'm glad they clarified whether or not he knew Patrick was looking over his shoulder (when he put the box away last week).

It would've been cool if it had been the real box. But, at the very least, I think they should let Charlotte find out towards the end of the season.

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    Based on where they left things off, here are my predictions:

- now that Daniel and Emily are officially married, I could see the show have Emily blackmail both Daniel and Victoria into staying silent about what they "think" they've found out about her and keep the "sham marriage" going (ie. she can hold it over their heads that Daniel tried to kill her). For Emily, she would make it seem to them like it's simply for purely greedy/selfish reasons (to marry a Grayson and get all the benefits that come with it, etc), but we of course know the real reason -- so that Emily can hatch yet another "master plan" that will fail miserably.
    OMG Xanderman was right

Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    Maybe Emily getting found out is what the show needs. Just because the truth comes out doesn't mean that Emily can't destroy the Graysons. She could -- without having to hide.
    She probably could but nope that's not what the show is doing, the show is going with Xanderman's idea instead. God help 'em when they start listening to Xanderman. God help 'em. LOL

Memory loss is very vital to this show. Daniel doesn't recall seeing/hearing Aiden (or how the gun got there) and Victoria doesn't remember Aiden surprising her from behind (or how she got to that room)
    The mind (and memory) is a terrible thing to waste....except when it comes to daytime soap operas and Revenge, then it's okay. lol By the way did you notice how Jack gave Emily that stuffed puppy? Puppy Dog = Jack Porter, the show's not even trying to be subtle about it anymore. lol

She probably could but nope that's not what the show is doing, the show is going with Xanderman's idea instead. God help 'em when they start listening to Xanderman. God help 'em. LOL
    Honestly, I was really hoping it would be the real box. That's ok – as long as Charlotte knows by the end of this season.

By the way did you notice how Jack gave Emily that stuffed puppy? Puppy Dog = Jack Porter, the show's not even trying to be subtle about it anymore. lol
    He might as well change his name to Sammy while he's at it. Why not?

As for the show, tonight's episode – at least in my opinion – was one of the weakest so far this season.

I enjoyed how Emily and Daniel's relationship is starting to mirror Victoria's and Conrad's already, but: It can only go so far before it becomes stale and annoying.

I was glad they addressed Patrick's father's identity, because I could've sworn it was implied that Victoria's mom's boyfriend, "Maxwell," got her pregnant before her mother kicked her out? I have no idea why they decided to change what was established, even if it was just implied, but: This "Jimmy Brennan" character and backstory seems so contrived. I'm guessing they did that to give Patrick something to do (like kill him for hurting Victoria), but there was nothing wrong with the story they presented before.

I don't like where these mysterious "blackouts" are going, either. They'll probably be explained as a side-effect of Emily's trauma, but having her blackout and wake up in Conrad's suite at the Southfork Inn? Creepy and disgusting.

Also, the storyline with Niko and Aiden is so predictably boring, but at least they didn't drag out whether she would find out Aiden did it or not. Still, It's not really that interesting.

The only bright spot was Gail O'Grady's arrival as Conrad's first wife, whatever her name is. Based on her interaction with the limo driver, it looks like she's going to stir the pot of Grayson s***! I have a feeling Gail O'Grady is going to knock it out of the park.
    Last edited by Aries83; 01-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Daniel (to Emily): "Sterilizing you was my gift to the universe."

^ Best line in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries83 View Post
    As for the show, tonight's episode at least in my opinion was one of the weakest so far this season.
    Didn't like this one eh? I didn't think it was so bad but that's just me.

I don't like where these mysterious "blackouts" are going, either. They'll probably be explained as a side-effect of Emily's trauma, but having her blackout and wake up in Conrad's suite at the Southfork Inn? Creepy and disgusting.
    I loved that ending... lol but I guess it's partly because I have a more twisted sense of humor than you do.

Daniel (to Emily): "Sterilizing you was my gift to the universe."

^ Best line in the series.
    Sounds like something Conrad would happily say to Victoria if he ever got the chance...

Didn't like this one eh? I didn't think it was so bad but that's just me.
    I don't know. I just figured – after the amnesia disappeared – that Emily would zero in on her "new" plan sooner rather than later.

I loved that ending... lol but I guess it's partly because I have a more twisted sense of humor than you do.
    I thought it was plain gross. Then again, for all we know, nothing happened (and Conrad might be teasing her a bit). Or, making her believe something happened when it didn't (for blackmail purposes)...

It was not what I expected, though.

Well, it's happened. The main lesson of the show, I believe. Emily is now become a Greyson for real. It was no longer her revengy fake persona that answered Daniel so spitefully, it was the real her. When she told him how everything she'd been doing was to get back at him (but also to get back with him so they could suffer more together), that was the real answer to his question from the actual mind of Emily, telling him how she really felt. And she felt and sounded exactly like Madelyn Stowe. These are the fruits of her revenge, to become indistinguishable what she so hates.

And I missed a couple weeks, so it was hilarious to see her jumping through time as if she now has a schitzo double personality and she blacks out when the alternate personality is in charge, and the other Emily apparently thought it was a good idea to boink pappa Greyson! Ooooh, gonna be trouble for that British-talking revenge guy who killed his sensei. About time! He's a butt. If I were the daughter of that kindly old man, I would have gotten suspicious as soon as British guy didn't insist on coming along on the revenge mission to kill the (fake) sensei-killer guy. Because a real disciple of the kindly old asian master would have been itching to get revenge on whomever slayed his mentor. But British guy was like uninterested. If I'm her, that means I've been trained in the revenge arts of reading people to find their weaknesses/secrets/whether they're on to you yet or not, so she should have known right then and there that Brit guy was the guilty party. And he's recently gone deep, too! Insult on top of injury. This revenge is going to be hard!

Quote Originally Posted by InactiveUserID View Post
    It was no longer her revengy fake persona that answered Daniel so spitefully, it was the real her. When she told him how everything she'd been doing was to get back at him (but also to get back with him so they could suffer more together), that was the real answer to his question from the actual mind of Emily, telling him how she really felt. And she felt and sounded exactly like Madelyn Stowe. These are the fruits of her revenge, to become indistinguishable what she so hates.
    I suppose that's one way to look at it. I just wonder how the story will go on from here on out.

it was hilarious to see her jumping through time as if she now has a schitzo double personality and she blacks out when the alternate personality is in charge, and the other Emily apparently thought it was a good idea to boink pappa Greyson!
    Oh, God. I really hope they don't reveal that she has a split personality. That would be too cheesy (for me). They should just explain it away as a side-effect of the accident. The plot is already muddy enough, we don't need her going "Sybil" on us!

If I'm her, that means I've been trained in the revenge arts of reading people to find their weaknesses/secrets/whether they're on to you yet or not, so she should have known right then and there that Brit guy was the guilty party. And he's recently gone deep, too! Insult on top of injury. This revenge is going to be hard!
    I agree. This whole subplot just STINKS! Sorry, Niko, but: You were an idiot not to suspect Aiden from the get-go. I mean, yeah, she figured it out, but boy did they make her look really stupid before her light bulb went off. I hope they nix this storyline fast.

TVLine is reporting that Barry Sloane will be filming a new pilot for ABC.

Would anyone like to prepare a eulogy for Aiden?

Of course, the pilot may not get a series order, which means he might have the possibility to return, but: There's only one way to conclude Niko's storyline, right?

Plus, if Jack and Emily really are endgame, it might be wise to show Aiden the door...

New episode tonight at 10/9c!

I really like this show, but last night's ep was so lackluster.

However, at least the horrible Jimmy Brennan storyline looks done. There was no need to change what was established in Season 2, and if the sole purpose of it was so Victoria could utter, "Relax, Honey," as a form of revenge, it was a misstep for sure.

I'm not liking this blackout storyline, especially now that they're hinting that she may be Schizo like her mother, Kara. What GOOD will this do the series if it goes beyond this season? She can't keep having blackouts while continuing her mission. It would get old fast. If she and Jack are endgame, are we to believe that he would enjoy taking care of a nutcase for the rest of his life? They need to nix this storyline FAST.

The only bright spot, to me, was the sparring between Victoria and Stevie at the clothing store (and Victoria's b****y comment to Emily ["Why are you still here?" *B****y smile*]).

Also, I was NOT expecting that confession from Stevie to Jack! My jaw was on the floor. So, I'm guessing she was a Porter before she became a Grayson, which could mean she deserted the family for the life Conrad could offer her (Or, are they going to change that little established fact too?!)
    Last edited by Aries83; 03-10-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Oh my God.

This show is really starting to frustrate me.

So, we're really supposed to believe that her blackouts manifested due to a slightly repressed memory of her father yelling at her right before he was arrested? Really? LAME. WTF was the point of hinting at mental illness in the previous episode then?

Then, Jack reveals to Emily that the mother he thought raised him (who would actually be Declan's mother) before leaving wasn't his biological mother – suggesting that he and Declan were only half-brothers...! So, now they just think they can change s*** like that?!

In seasons 1 and 2, BOTH Jack and Declan said that their mother abandoned the family and never came back. Now, they just decide to make Stevie Jack's mother, who just happens to be Conrad's first (ex)-wife? Whatever. It makes no sense – just like Jimmy Brennan being Patrick's father when it was already established that Victoria was being raped by her mother's then-boyfriend before being kicked out – suggesting that that was how she got pregnant with Patrick at 16.

Whatever! Stop changing s***, people!

I really loved this show for the first two seasons, but after last night's episode, I don't know how much longer I can stand to watch.

They set it up to look like Stevie knows who Emily really is (and that there's going to be some big catfight between her and Victoria) – yet Stevie seems as clueless as every other person who hasn't figured out Emily's identity and all Victoria did was call Emily a fraud.

Talk about false advertising.

Now that the horrible blackout storyline is over, they throw Marg-HO's stupid father into the mix and pull this dim-witted Javier character out of thin air. The episode was so lackluster that I thought they were going to retcon something.

Oh wait, they sort of did: In Season 2, we were to believe that "The Initiative" was behind the framing. But, it all got explained away by Conrad. But now, we're supposed to believe that the owner of a French "media company" and Conrad Grayson orchestrated the whole thing? I'm sorry, I'm not buying it.

Oh, and: Jack walks away with 3 hard drives, which were supposed to contain hard evidence that Emily's father was framed (as mentioned by Stevie), yet all that was found was a handwritten note sent to Conrad that matches Pascal's handwriting? Whatever.

Oh well. So, if she finds whoever Pascal hired to build the bomb, I guess we can look forward to that takedown – if it EVER happens (seeing as how all Emily wants to do is play house at Grayson Manor).

I'll keep watching in the hopes that it will improve, but if it doesn't, I may have to tune out. You can't call a show Revenge and not deliver it. I mean, c'mon.
    Last edited by Aries83; 03-23-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Nolan declaring war on Daniel and Charlotte and terrifying them for a split second right before his entrance with the lights was downright classic. One of the series' all time best moments right there, and you missed it Aries? You've been waiting for that moment for THREE YEARS man! And, you missed it? Oh, how could you, Aries....how could you. lol j/k

But seriously, I really liked the episode Allegiance a couple eps back in which the "Nolan incident" occurred. Still a fun show I think, so while your betrayal against Betrayal I could understand and forgive, your revenge against Revenge by no longer watching is simply inexcusable, Aries! j/k

I still haven't seen the most recent episode, and I have to admit I'm terribly curious to see what Nolan does next. lol
    Last edited by Xanderman; 04-29-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Nolan declaring war on Daniel and Charlotte and terrifying them for a split second right before his entrance with the lights was downright classic. One of the series' all time best moments right there, and you missed it Aries? You've been waiting for that moment for THREE YEARS man! And, you missed it? Oh, how could you, Aries....how could you. lol j/k

But seriously, I really liked the episode Allegiance a couple eps back in which the "Nolan incident" occurred.
    Actually, I feel that "Allegiance" has been the best episode of the season.

So many good elements came together, like:
    • Victoria catching on to Emily
    • The return of the red sharpie and Jack's involvement in that sleazebag Luke Gilliam's takedown
    • More continuity involving the bombing of Flight 197
    • The implosion of Jack and Marg-HO's relationship (FINALLY!)
    • Victoria putting the pieces together after breaking out her own BLACK sharpie

It was such an improvement over the previous episode, even though Mason Treadwell appeared.

Still a fun show I think, so while your betrayal against Betrayal I could understand and forgive, your revenge against Revenge by no longer watching is simply inexcusable, Aries! j/k
    I still like it, but it feels so aimless lately.

Any episode that goes back to the original premise in Season 1 ultimately works because of this great, little thing called continuity.

I still haven't seen the most recent episode, and I have to admit I'm terribly curious to see what Nolan does next. lol
    "Revolution" is more about what Conrad does than Nolan, although he does do some hijinks in the episode.

Still, they continue the bad habit of springing new characters and subplots on us, while still keeping the bores that are Marg-HO, Daniel, Aiden, and Javier around.

Honestly, I'm hoping for a mass murder at this point, as Daniel, Marg-HO, Aiden, Javier, and the newly-mentioned Kurt Renner clearly need to go!

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but: Last night's episode was f****** AMAZING!

I cannot say a bad thing about it – as long as I don't mention "Margaux-away."

Surely, I thought Jack screwed up Emily's plan, yet it turns out that THAT was what was supposed to happen. How smart of Emily to fit Charlotte with that camera!

Henry Czerny's performance during that scene was more than Emmy-worthy. Of course, Madeline Stowe deserves a mention for the way she effortlessly ran towards Conrad in anger (for Pascal's death) with her fists flying!

Also, I'm beyond glad that Victoria is putting the pieces together and that she has solid proof that Fauxmanda isn't related to Charlotte. It was so smart of her to have Charlotte and Carl's blood analyzed – even if it seemed like she should've had that ear tested first!

So, Conrad knows he's been had, and now he's championing for Emily to put Victoria in the same spot? Awkward, yet so Conrad.

I have no idea where the finale is going to go, but I truly hope Victoria figures out who Emily really is.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast