No announcement yet.

Why didn't Dean gank the kid, too?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Dean gank the kid, too?

Did I miss something during the info-sharing sessions of the past about Kitsunes that explained that they could un-monster themselves by not eating human brains/meat for a prolonged amount of time... or could 'grow out of it'??

Why leave the kid alive if he was just going become a monster? After all, just like Dean explained to Amy right before he killed her; "You are who you are [a killer]; that's not going to change."

So, just because her son hasn't killed yet, he gets a free pass? IDK, just doesn't compute - after all that; going behind Sam's back to kill her, but leave the will-be-a-monster left to do what his true nature will pretty much force him to do, even if it will be in the 'distant' future.

Maybe I am seeing this from the wrong angle, but its just a bit of a head-scratcher.

Originally posted by SVfan26
    Did I miss something during the info-sharing sessions of the past about Kitsunes that explained that they could un-monster themselves by not eating human brains/meat for a prolonged amount of time... or could 'grow out of it'??

Why leave the kid alive if he was just going become a monster? After all, just like Dean explained to Amy right before he killed her; "You are who you are [a killer]; that's not going to change."

So, just because her son hasn't killed yet, he gets a free pass? IDK, just doesn't compute - after all that; going behind Sam's back to kill her, but leave the will-be-a-monster left to do what his true nature will pretty much force him to do, even if it will be in the 'distant' future.

Maybe I am seeing this from the wrong angle, but its just a bit of a head-scratcher.
    Well according to Dean's logic, he should've also killed the kid. But lets face it, killing a child, no matter monster or not, and certainly one who never did any harm to anyone, there's no coming back from that. It would've caused a big uproar.

Comment

One thing Sam and Dean hasn't done, ever, is kill a child monster/freak/what have you. They didn't bother to go after Jesse, Dean didn't kill Amy's kid, and they didn't even bother to kill that Rugaru's kid, even if it was just a fetus.

Comment

Well they did kill those changelings, but they were already harming/killing people so they wouldn't be the same. But I do wonder about Jack Montgomery's unborn rugaru child. If his wife didn't escape, would they have let her go that easily? Maybe they would have at least gotten her number so she could call them if she ever had problems. But I don't think they would have gone to the extremes that Travis was about to go to before he died.

Comment

They didn't kill the Changeling children; they killed the mother which then killed the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
            They didn't kill the Changeling children; they killed the mother which then killed the children.
            Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they knew that killing the mother would kill the children. And if it didn't, I doubt they would have left those changelings to kill the mothers they were feeding on. It looks like they have a hands off young monsters policy as long as they're not killing people. Since the changelings were in the process of doing that, they were fair game.

Comment

That "policy" is completely null in that situation though. They knew killing the mother would kill the children, yes, but that same situation is nowhere near what I was referring to. They wouldn't just kill the children because that could be a devastating sin for the brothers in their minds, and they still didn't even go after the Changeling children at all, so even if killing the mother killed the children, it's still irrelevant.

Comment

But if ganking the mother changeling wouldn't have killed the changeling children, what do you think they would have done with them given how the only thing they feed on is synovial fluid? They didn't seem to be the type to resort to going to funeral homes to feed on dead men's/women's synovial fluid. I know the episode wasn't designed to put the Winchesters in that scenario, but I still wonder what they would have done. I think they would have wasted them since they already lost their "innocence", which is why I think Dean asked Amy's kitsune kid if he ever killed anyone. If he would have answered yes (which was the case with the changelings), I don't think Dean would have let him live. Dean in The Girl Next Door was a lot like John Winchester. He didn't care about the stuff that happened with Lenore (who admitted to not feeding on humans for a long time--meaning that she did at one time feed on humans & Dean did let her go unlike Amy) & was mainly focused on the "other shoe dropping".

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎