Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terra Nova #1.3 "Instinct"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty boring episode...way too early to be this boring. Show needs a serious dose of "edge". Maybe the people behind Battlestar Galactica or something should pay the showrunners a visit, and slap them. But seriously they need to wake up.

Some notes about the cast:

- Jason O'Mara (Jim Shannon) looks a lot like Jude Law, who's face has some sci-fi history attached to it with movies like Gattaca and A.I., which were similarly set in less-than-perfect future worlds. It's like they typecast Law on to the show without actually casting him.

- the daughter reminds me a lot of a young Eliza Dushku (see True Lies)

- the son Josh is still annoying and the Wesley Crusher of Terra Nova. I'm just sad Patrick Stewart isn't on the series to constantly tell him to shut up. They should have Josh killed every episode or something. Speaking of Josh, both daughters look mixed but he looks pretty much just white--doesn't really look like the son of his mother, but anyways that's television for you.

- when Commander Taylor aka "Ike" was talking to Jude Law about him being a law man earlier in the episode, why didn't he add "Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here, law dog, law don't go around here. Savvy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      Pretty boring episode...way too early to be this boring. Show needs a serious dose of "edge". Maybe the people behind Battlestar Galactica or something should pay the showrunners a visit, and slap them. But seriously they need to wake up.
      Ain’t it the truth…totally agree!!

This episode was soooooooo slow…. any slower they would go back beyond time.

This family just doesn’t cut it. I thought the worst plot line was the one science guy wanted the Dr. Mom recruited so he could hit on her. A married woman with three kids doesn’t exactly scream “available”.

They need a strong boost of action, for sure some edge, concentration on the dinos and low key this family that has no chemistry.
      If there was a poll, it would get a 3.
      Last edited by Saber; 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Not a great episode. But the dino-birds were pretty bad ass, especially when hunting collectively as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          Pretty boring episode...way too early to be this boring... Maybe the people behind Battlestar Galactica or something should pay the showrunners a visit...
          OMG Xanderman you must be like my long lost twin or something. Those are my exact thoughts!

After seeing this show I just had to look up the credentials of the credited writing staff.
          Terry Matalas? A lot of production assistant work.
          Travis Fickett? Who? Whah?
          Barbara Marshall? I'll try to rent Triple Dog this weekend so I can say without prejudice that she sucks.

So far this show seems to be about dinosaurs. To take a quote from the BSG legacy, it's about the people.
          Or, if you want to pander to me I'll accept gratuitous female nudity. But ONLY if these guys insist on writing more crap.

Comment

All in all, I'm liking the show.
            I gave it a 8.
            I thought how they solved the problem (Formons) was a little slick.

I like how there are many unanswered questions.
            Who are the Sixters? Have they changed the timeline of this alternative universe too much? And what's up with the head guy's son? And what is the real purpose of Terra Nova?

Comment

So far the dinos are more interesting than the people. LOL The relationship drama is so boring and predictable here. Complete with love polgyons. One triangle is already here, another one (with the son's gf back in the future) shaping up no doubt.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
              maybe zoeys plant will eat them.
              I was hoping it would eat the son.

Comment

Oh yeah once Josh and Skye finally do the prehistoric hokey-pokey the ex will show up. That will quite coincidentally be about the same time I stop watching the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                  Oh yeah once Josh and Skye finally do the prehistoric hokey-pokey the ex will show up. That will quite coincidentally be about the same time I stop watching the show.
                  mod edit
                  Last edited by Sugar; 10-27-2011, 09:45 AM. Reason: rule #2

Comment

Originally posted by Saber
                    low key this family that has no chemistry.
                    Lol.

OMG Xanderman you must be like my long lost twin or something. Those are my exact thoughts!
                    Milhouse: Is this the untimely end of Milhouse?
                    Milhouse2: But…Milhouse is my name!
                    Milhouse: But I thought I was the only one...
                    Milhouse2: A pain I know all too well...
                    Milhouse: So this is what it feels like...when doves cry.

Originally posted by ReignoftheSupermen
                    mod edit
                    Last edited by Sugar; 10-27-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supercatmom
                      All in all, I'm liking the show.
                      I gave it a 8.
                      I thought how they solved the problem (Formons) was a little slick.

I like how there are many unanswered questions.
                      Who are the Sixters? Have they changed the timeline of this alternative universe too much? And what's up with the head guy's son? And what is the real purpose of Terra Nova?
                      Actually the biggest question is who carved those mathematical equations/shapes on the cave wall Josh and Skye found. Was it an alien race who visited Earth ? Or was it the work of some ancient civilization who lived on Earth and somehow was extincted or, maybe, is still around even though the Terra Nova settlers are not aware of its existence ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                        Actually the biggest question is who carved those mathematical equations/shapes on the cave wall Josh and Skye found. Was it an alien race who visited Earth ? Or was it the work of some ancient civilization who lived on Earth and somehow was extincted or, maybe, is still around even though the Terra Nova settlers are not aware of its existence ?
                        '
                        I could be wrong but I thought Taylor's son wrote the equations and was part of the reason that Taylor did not want anyone else seeing them.

Comment

I still liked this show. I thought they balanced the plotlines well. The birds needing their nesting spot and the personal dilemmas that the people were having were spot on to me. Sometimes the problems dealt with in a "new world" will still be like our own. I don't call that boring, just realistic. I am still totally hooked on the show.

What is that age difference between Maddie and Reynolds? She's 16, how old is Reynolds? 20? 21? 22? I think the age thing is a bit much, but like them together so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎