Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter
    I didn't like the monster plot. It spent way too much time in the point of view of the monsters and too little on Dean and Bobby. At least cast some decent actors if you're going to give them a bigger role than your stars. And when it finally involved Dean, Sam, and Bobby, their scenes were so short. It seemed rather silly to bring the sheriff character back if her only purpose was to call Bobby.
    Agree!

Comment

Great Episode! Really enjoyed that Dean is starting to get more of a story line - top acting by Jensen on all accounts I didn't find the Leviathans as scary as hoped - they needed to be far more 'evil' and running amok - but still, I loved the ep!

Hope Bobby is okay, and it's Supernatural, so it's possible Cas will be back in one way or another

Am just happy to jump on board and see Where the Road Takes Me with this season *SMILES*

Comment

The episode was pretty good. The previews had me believe it was going to focus specifically on Sam and his hallucinations with Lucifer but it was still good. Mark Pellegrino's performance as a tormenting hallucination topped his entire performace as the Devil in Season 5 if you ask me. He never really made me believe he was Satan but in this episode he pulled it off, convincing Sam to kill himself and what not. Those were the best scenes to me. Sheriff Mills was as pointless as ever to me in this episode. The Leviathans were...okay. I'm confused as to how they work. Were these monsters the original one that possessed Castiel split up or are they like spores? If it's the latter then that would explain who the boss is they kept referring to, if not then I have no clue. But thumbs up to them actually showing some monstrous effects. Sure shocked the Hell outta me but it looked cheesy the second time around. I wonder what their game plan is. And Sam and Dean's little moment in the warehouse was really touching. Has anyone noticed that Dean's ditched his whole gruff voice this season? I for one am happy. It was getting annoying after a while. The ending scene with Lucifer appearing in the ambulance was really chilling and the look of "Good grief" on Sam's face was stressful. I liked the suspenseful ending of the episode. I'd be scared ****less getting carried to a hospital overrun by monsters.

8.5/10

Comment

This is the first time I've ever been so... icked by a SPN ship. Sam/Lucifer, like, for real, gurl? And now Lucifer admits it? THE WORLD SUCKS.

But the rest of the episode was glorious. I love monster plots, lol.

Comment

Everyone seems to have loved this episode but for me it was just okay. I liked the whole Leviathan thing and that side of it but I found the Sam stuff...well, boring. I figured they weren't going to go "ha, yeah, it's true, Sam really is still in the Pit and none of Season 6 really happened!" so I was just sitting there kind of tapping my toes waiting for the reveal.

But I loved Dean taunting the Leviathans at the start.

Then Castiel/Leviathans into the water supply (really? That's how Cas does out? Hmm. Well, okay. But I did like that they left the door open for a return. Course this is SPN, where even dying doesn't mean you can't come back! LOL) and the Trenchcoat left behind.

The "Black waters" music cue (is it me or are we getting more music this season already? Someone must have upped their budget.

During that Biggerson's commercial ("it's like a salad bar--but with pie!") I kept thinking that Dean needs to go there!

Dr. Sexy MD reference, yay for "Changing Channels" shout out.

The Return of Sheriff Mills (very different hairstyle, it seems, threw me off at first) and all that stuff in the hospital (I must have gone "oh gross!" about 3 different times!).

Wait, there's a Boss!Leviathan? This is news.

Jody calling Bobby and him being clueless. Dean coming back and oops, just another hallucination (like Dean would ever say Sam's not going to be okay. Big clue there.).

Hallucifer telling Sam to suicide? Okay, since these hallucinations are coming from Sam (and his subconscious, yes?) does that mean Sam thinks he should kill himself?

Dean references his time in hell and even throws a "Sammy" in. Yay.

Bobby's house burned, the phone call (it was eerily similar to Dean's phone call to John in Home, I thought. Dean calling a father figure because it's too much for him to handle? I wonder if that was intentional.), the threat to suicide (another one?), and bad guy goes squish. And of course he's not dead.

And Sam still seeing Lucifer was a surprise but understandable, I guess.

So yeah, liked all the other stuff but for once I wanted Sam's storyline (and I am a huge Sam!girl) wrapped up, I guess.

Comment

I liked how the Lucifer hallucination just sort shrugged and said "Okay maybe I'm not real"

Comment

Originally posted by Vindellavon
                This is the first time I've ever been so... icked by a SPN ship. Sam/Lucifer, like, for real, gurl? And now Lucifer admits it? THE WORLD SUCKS.
                Who ships that? Lucifer admited he wants to date Sammy??

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                  Who ships that? Lucifer admited he wants to date Sammy??
                  You don't venture out in the worlds of the Livejournal/Tumblr/SPN.tv, do you?

Actually, Lucifer pretty much admitted he raped him, which makes sense since the cage is basically a prison... And because Lucifer's a douche. But still, I wish they hadn't added the part in. I find it discomforting and I pity Sam's luck.

Comment

Well didn't Alastair allude to him "raping" Dean as well back in season four?

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                      Well didn't Alastair allude to him "raping" Dean as well back in season four?
                      I don't recall, but I believe it. What's even more disturbing is that Dean carried out torture as well. The thought just makes me want to cry.

Comment

You don't venture out in the worlds of the Livejournal/Tumblr/SPN.tv, do you?

Actually, Lucifer pretty much admitted he raped him, which makes sense since the cage is basically a prison... And because Lucifer's a douche. But still, I wish they hadn't added the part in. I find it discomforting and I pity Sam's luck.
                        I don't really follow any SPN fans on tumblr..

Oh yeah, I heard that bit in the episode. And I found it really disturbing... Don't know why they even wrote that in. Blah.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90

Oh yeah, I heard that bit in the episode. And I found it really disturbing... Don't know why they even wrote that in. Blah.
                          QFT. Of all the horrid things we've discovered in SPN, this has definitely got to be the most disturbing.

Comment

It's the devil...I mean yeah at first Lucifer played the misunderstood role, but as the season rolled by you could really see he was an overgrown child...Of course by "rape" it was just a soul...so it was probably more of a "mental" rape thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mischael12
                              It's the devil...I mean yeah at first Lucifer played the misunderstood role, but as the season rolled by you could really see he was an overgrown child...Of course by "rape" it was just a soul...so it was probably more of a "mental" rape thing.
                              I think him saying 'in every sense of the way' (referring to the word b!tch) was supposed to debunk the bolded part, IMO.

Comment

I think him saying 'in every sense of the way' (referring to the word b!tch) was supposed to debunk the bolded part, IMO.
                                Pretty much. He was raped for sure. Creepy and scary, but good writing.

I thought better writing would have been that Sam's torture in hell was actually HIM torturing Adam or possibly others brought to the cage? in horrendous ways that even Dean couldn't imagine. There's no greater pain than real, deep guilt, nothing compares to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎