Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "Hello, Cruel World"

Predict the ratings for tonight's episode and then talk about them once they come in!

Supernatural drops yet again in tv ratings with an 1.77 million viewers.

Here's the source: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ra...bs-wins-friday

Comment

Its lead-in, Nikita, dropped as well, so no wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
        Its lead-in, Nikita, dropped as well, so no wonder.
        Well, I guess one of those two shows will be cancelled.

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

It's actually a bit sad that this show gets so bad ratings but then again. They really didn't write season 6 very good. I hope they find a way of writing season 7 very good. The two first episodes were good. I hope they can continue that way until it's too late. I'm guessing a lot of fans are still angry of how bad season 6 was.
        Last edited by Anu; 10-01-2011, 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm betting Nikita will be the show that's cancelled. Nikita has the poorest ratings on the CW and we're only two weeks in.

Season six was brilliantly written. Some of the best episodes ever in the series was in season six. The only reasons why fans possibly stopped watching was how they viewed Castiel being "butchered" and of how some view it how they poorly handled Samuel Campbell, two storylines that I think worked out fine.

Also, maybe some fans really enjoyed Kripke's run on the series and many fans of many shows stops watching after the original showrunner steps down, such as Smallville for instance. I know there are some, even if a minority, that stopped after AlMiles stepped down.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
            I'm betting Nikita will be the show that's cancelled. Nikita has the poorest ratings on the CW and we're only two weeks in.

Season six was brilliantly written. Some of the best episodes ever in the series was in season six. The only reasons why fans possibly stopped watching was how they viewed Castiel being "butchered" and of how some view it how they poorly handled Samuel Campbell, two storylines that I think worked out fine.

Also, maybe some fans really enjoyed Kripke's run on the series and many fans of many shows stops watching after the original showrunner steps down, such as Smallville for instance. I know there are some, even if a minority, that stopped after AlMiles stepped down.
            I think that after last nights episode they will be dropping a lot more in ratings.

Comment

[mod edit]

Besides...SPN's ratings will still be better than Nikita, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie and 90210.
              Last edited by Sugar; 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM. Reason: rule #10

Comment

So what if the ratings have dropped. This is good in my opinion. I am sure the show will get picked up for another season anyway, and this means it probably won't go beyond season 8, which is something I don't want.

Comment

Even if the series ends at 7, it'll work out fine. As I said, season 8 will most likely call for Cthulhu and just having him be a threat in the series finale will feel like the Angel series finale, imo.

Comment

Oh I am sure it'll work out just fine if it ends with this season too, I wouldn't be upset at all if this was the last season.

Comment

All the shows on CW this year are struggling to reach the 2 million viewers mark. Supernatural fans shouldn't worry yet, though. I believe 90210 and Gossip Girl will get axed first.

For next season, CW should pair up Nikita and Ringer on a different night. Then pick up Deadman and have it lead in to Supernatural.

Comment

But there is no way Deadman, a new show, will get the friday night death slot. But yeah, Nikita is a horrible lead-in.

Comment

Yah, giving Deadman, a new show, the Friday death slot would be a horrible idea. The CW wouldn't try to screw with another Kripke project like that, would they?

And...aren't The Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle hitting 2 millions viewers? They're not struggling, but then again, Thursdays were always a big day, ratings-wise. That's why Supernatural should've stayed on Thursdays, imo.

Comment

Don't worry about ratings. Have they added in the DVR viewings yet? When they add them in, they'll get better. Don't worry folks. The DVD sales are still very good. I'm starting to think DVD sales count more and more as tv series go on nowadays. Besides, Supernatural isn't the worst rated show on the network, and new CW President Mark Pedowitz is a HUGE fan of the show. It's not like when Dawn Ostroff was head of the network. Mark loves the show.

It's only 2 wks into the new season so I wouldn't worry. Everything except WWE has dropped. Besides, since this is the final season for One Tree Hill, Supernatural is the last remaining series from the old WB Network. Fans are more willing to support it, especially with Clark Kent and company gone for now.

Just keep watching and let folks know the series is back. Spread the word. Watch the (former) Frog!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎