Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark Kent seemed to love Lana more than Lois: Deliberate or just bad writing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liana
    However, I also want to point out that Clark only got back with Lana after she got the suit. After kissing her in Bulletproof, it was clear that he was already asking himself if going back to that relationship was the right thing to do. In the beginning of Power, he admitted to Chloe that maybe it was best if him and Lana didn't go back together, because he wasn't sure if it would work. He only went back to Lana after she stated that now, they could be together because they were equals. Clark's whole life he dreamed about having someone like him around. In fact, he went as far as telling his parents, back in season 4. that he felt happier and freer with Alicia because she was "like" him. So, when Lana, a girl who he had always had strong feelings for, suddenly got the same powers as he had, it is only natural that he would assume that meant they had to be together.
    One thing that sticks out to me even more after a re-watch of Smallville from start to finish is how many times Clark doubted Lana being "the one" for him.

With Lois, even when Clark doubted his place in humanity and with the people he cared about, he not once doubted Lois being "the one" for him- the woman he was searching for his whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
      @Iliana

But, sometimes I wonder if she did knew since she questioned it to Chloe in Icarus. Who knows maybe Clark told people not to say anything to Lois *shrugs* because I do wonder if Lois knew more than likely she would not consider Clark anymore instead kept on moving with her career in hopes of meeting someone and start fresh.
      I meant to say she didn't know then, back in season 8 when those events happened. I have nou doubt she found out later. In fact, by her reaction to Toyman, in Prophecy, it seems clear that Clark told her everything.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by amberdawn
      One thing that sticks out to me even more after a re-watch of Smallville from start to finish is how many times Clark doubted Lana being "the one" for him.

With Lois, even when Clark doubted his place in humanity and with the people he cared about, he not once doubted Lois being "the one" for him- the woman he was searching for his whole life.
      Exacly. Once he realized she was the one, he remained sure of it and nothing changed it. He might have questioned if he could embrace that love, because of his destiny, or even if it was fair to be in a relationship with her with all the baggage his dual life would bring, but he never doubted what he felt. He just knew.
      Last edited by liana; 06-09-2012, 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

As much as I've harped on Requiem for leaving the taste of rebound in the mouths of viewers, I definitely don't think they meant for it to come out that way or planned for it to come out that way.

I see it as an unfortunate and unplanned implication that happened with poor writing, but by that extension so is the lack of an attempt to find a cure for Lana (as her presence was still felt in Season 7 despite KK's absence their too). So I can't really see that as proof that he got over Lana.

Granted, I can't really come up with a full detail on how the arc should have played out, I'm going to go a little further into detail on my two cents:

1. Bride- Fine as is. She showed up unexpectedly and they didn't part with closure last time.

2. Legion- Right now getting Chloe back is the priority, so I don't see a problem with the episode.

3-4. Bulletproof and Power- The Lana and by extension the Clana moments should have differed here from the canon version of the episodes. Even if Clark hasn't acknowledged his feelings for Lois, surely he would begin recognizing that his feelings for Lana is part of that living in the past that he's trying to stop doing.

5. Requiem- Needless to say however it comes about, Clana ends with them making the decision with no duress. Even without the implications of Lois being a rebound, this break up needs to stand out from the others.

Whenever Clark and Lana broke it off or left each other it the past it was to protect one another or some tragic reason.

Ending it as they did was just a rehash of the past break ups turned up to 11.

Having them both make the decision with no other reason that they are growing up and realize that their relationship was meant to be not only avoids the aforementioned implications, but it's a breath of fresh air for Clana to end without angst for a change.

Comment

The answer to this question is very simple. Did Clark have feelings for other women while being "in love" with Lana? Yes .... Now did Clark have feelings for other women after falling in love with Lois? No... There is your answer

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan
            The answer to this question is very simple. Did Clark have feelings for other women while being "in love" with Lana? Yes .... Now did Clark have feelings for other women after falling in love with Lois? No... There is your answer
            Word! This is the answer. There is nothing more to add.

*Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

Who Cares?

Oh, the person who started the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan
                Very well-put!

Clark MUST have realized that his relationship with Lois is about a thousand times healthier than his relationship with Lana could ever have been! If he hadn't--if the writers had even hinted that he felt any regret that Lana had left--I probably would have lost all of my respect for him... at least in terms of his choice in women.

Comment

I think you should have written the story I'm really upset on how Clark forgot about his feelings for Lois I dislike and refuse to watch s08e014

Comment

When u want to see the real answer,u have to look at the numbers.But u have to take em in the contest.In a site where everyone is a freak comic fanatic that ship clois,the truth is in the minority.Clark never rolved anyone else when he was with lana,but he did someone else when he had feelings fro lois,and that was actually lana.This deep bond u all talk about,they could have showed us when clark died in odyssey,but who did clark see?right,lana!But standing to what u guys say they already had this bond,so in point of death he should have seen his REAL love,even if those feeling were hidden or repressed...but the answers is as simple as it seems...clark real love is lana.The lana 5 ep arc says it all.

Comment

It comes down to two factors:
                      1) Lana came first, and thus were in far more episodes than Lois was. This gives her more history with Clark.
                      2) The writers all seem to be completely obsessed with her, and can't seem to accept the idea that Clark can move on from his first love to other future loves.

So naturally it would seem like Smallville the show favors Clana over Clois.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎