Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New In Town

Why did GodCas need to keep Michael & Lucifer locked in the cage?

Why did GodCas say he need he keep hell intact as he needed to keep Michael & Lucifer locked in the cage? He seemed to consider them a threat. Or was it the leviathan talking who consider them a threat. Or was it just a line and will not have any meaning in this series?

New In Town
    Well actually he just said that he needed to keep Michael in the cage and from what I read and saw speculation from other people, Michael and Lucifer are the only angels who have the capability of killing the Leviathan.

If the Leviathans are older than any angel, I doubt Michael or Lucifer could be able to destroy them. But, I do think it was Castiel who said he wanted to keep the archangels in Hell...maybe so he wouldn't have any conspirators rise up against him. Them being way more powerful than Raphael, they could actually be challenges.

New In Town
    Either way, I don't know if they will expand on Crowley's role or not, with him being back in Hell in order to keep the cage locked up or not. Because it seemed that was one of his purposes for being allowed to remain alive.

New In Town
    Death said God created purgatory to lock away the leviathans so maybe God created the Archangels to put them into purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by kcufehttahw View Post
    Well actually he just said that he needed to keep Michael in the cage and from what I read and saw speculation from other people, Michael and Lucifer are the only angels who have the capability of killing the Leviathan.
    God I hope so. I was really hoping SamLucifer and DeanMichael would eventually take on GodCas. If it's the Leviathans instead, meh, same difference with me. That alliance would kick so much ass.

It's possible that the archangels can destroy the Leviathans. It's also possible that Cas, seeing as how his body was wearing away with all the souls, considered himself vulnerable enough to them or didn't know his limitations & didn't want Michael & Lucifer freed to test them out because a part of him may have taken what Balthazar said (how he could explode) as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by shoaibs48 View Post
    Death said God created purgatory to lock away the leviathans so maybe God created the Archangels to put them into purgatory.
    If that's true, then Lucifer could turn into an ally of sorts. Which...would be VERY interesting.

New In Town
    I am no way shooting down anyone's opinion because I hate that, but wouldn't it be a little OOC for Lucifer to turn into anyone's ally? Especially with his seemingly early torture of Sam beginning. If he does in some way fight and destroy the Leviathans I believe it would be only for his own personal gain. But that is just my own personal opinion.

I am no way shooting down anyone's opinion because I hate that, but wouldn't it be a little OOC for Lucifer to turn into anyone's ally? Especially with his seemingly early torture of Sam beginning. If he does in some way fight and destroy the Leviathans I believe it would be only for his own personal gain. But that is just my own personal opinion.
    If the Leviathans are enemies of the archangels as well, including Lucifer(who still loved his brothers, as shown when he killed Gabriel), then Lucifer's motto could be "an enemy of my enemy is my friend", which, whatever way you want to look at it, Lucifer will be with the Winchesters to go after Leviathans and it's still shown as them being allies to go after an enemy that wants to destroy Earth as even Lucifer loved the planet as much or even more than humans.

Forum Regular
    No one considered the thought that maybe Castiel didn't want Michael and Lucifer out because they'd just go right ahead and start the Apocalypse all over again? The main reason for defeating Raphael and the whole point of season 6?

Although I'm also on the "Mikey and Lucy can kill Leviathans" theory bandwagon.

New In Town
    Good points. Another thing I wonder, because the Leviathans were created and thrown in Purgatory before the creation of Angels, I wonder if God gave Michael and Lucifer the duties of making sure they could not escape; or be the guardians of Purgatory so-to-speak (considering Michael ran Heaven). And because in Supernatural cannon Lucifer and Michael are the two oldest angels, only they would have enough juice to destroy them, if by chance they could ever escape.

Good points. Another thing I wonder, because the Leviathans were created and thrown in Purgatory before the creation of Angels, I wonder if God gave Michael and Lucifer the duties of making sure they could not escape; or be the guardians of Purgatory so-to-speak (considering Michael ran Heaven). And because in Supernatural cannon Lucifer and Michael are the two oldest angels, only they would have enough juice to destroy them, if by chance they could ever escape.
    If there's any reason why Michael & Lucifer would be able to kill the Leviathans, it's because of that. Castiel said that archangels were Heaven's most powerful weapons. Why would God create a weapon that wasn't strong enough to take care of Leviathans if they ever escape?

But this still brings up another question---would the power of all 4 archangels combined be needed to stop/destroy the Leviathans if they escaped or would any 1 or 2 of them have the power to do so? There are only confirmed 2 archangels left if Raphael is truly dead (which I'd say he is). Perhaps that's not enough to stop the Leviathans. And one of those 2 is the devil himself. So this does paint a very interesting picture.

That's a good question. Maybe, Lucifer and Michael become much more powerful while in their respected vessels? Lucifer in Sam and Michael in Dean could provide enough power that four archangels had to go against all the Leviathans.

New In Town
    Well just for the sake of simplicity, I'll refer him to his vessel form - Castiel stated to Crowley that they only needed to keep Michael locked in the pit. He didn't mention Lucifer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast