Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMALLVILLE MAFIA 4: The Official Game Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loulou26
    ALEX!!!! So good to see you back in the game I missed you last game
    Good to be back Laura! I had heard people complain how much it sucked to get killed Night 1 but I had no idea how much until it happened to me. I'm back and I want vengeance. Team Green FTW!

Anything you picked up on so far? With the exception of the two new players, we all know each other pretty well. I'm hoping this will work in the townies favor.

Mercy, good to see you participating already. Hope you have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by mercyredhair

Mercy♥... Sounds really good. I like it. lol. My name is Marlene :B
      Sorry, but i don't know what it mouthful. My first language is spanish and my english is not the best :S Please forgive me.
      Everybody says good things about the game. I feel this gonna be amazing

Well Marlene is good too but whatever you want is fine. We can call you Mercy if you like it And by mouthful, I just meant that it is a lot to type out that's all. It's nothing bad Anyway, I look forward to playing with you, hearing your thoughts. I think you're going to love this game

Comment

I'm present and accounted for! I'm home! I'm alive! I'm nursing a sore throat, am extremely exhausted, and am just about brimming with allergies after spending two and a half hours outside today, so I'm off to take a quick shower, but when I get back, I'll be ready to sit down and do some serious scum-hunting with you all!

Guru, that was a FANTASTIC opening story. Have you written anything else on K-Site? Seriously, man, I heartily enjoyed it, and of course, you already know the moment I liked the best without even having to mention it (especially since I'm not really allowed since it pertains to my favorite 'ship).

WELCOME officially to both of our new players -- Mercy (or Marlene), it's great to have you on board officially! I'm really happy to see that you've thrown yourself into the game's proceedings from the get-go.

Alex, Laura, Jenny Mason, Summer, John, and Hannah, it'll be great to play with all of you again, though four out of six of you have always been nearly impossible for me to read most of the time, and the fifth is the one I always wrongly accuse, so I have my work cut out for me when it comes to the current people posting. Hannah, I don't feel like I've played enough with you yet to figure out your style of gameplay, but I do know that you can be downright devious when need be (as evidenced by the way you threw your serial killer mason under the bus in X-Men Mafia 2).

And Mica, have we actually ever played a game together? *runs off to check his list of players and roles throughout the games* Good grief, we actually have played TWO games together, and in both we were on opposite sides. Here's hoping that's not a recurring theme that we encounter again in this game!

I'm just glad that a new game (and a Smallville-themed one at that) is up and running!!!!!

Finally, Summer, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to your uncle. You and your family will most DEFINITELY be in my prayers.

Now, I'm off to take that shower, and then I'll be back. Don't lynch any scum without me!

Comment

Hey Jeff! Good to see you!! Sorry to hear about the sore throat, those are never fun. But I'm glad you're here and that we can play another game together. I love playing mafia with you. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say

But I think I'm off to bed now guys, I have an early start tomorrow and the day is gonna be busy, busy, busy. Night night all

Comment

^^^Jeff!!!! So good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your sore throat. I think I may be coming down with it myself. It's that change in season cold that I get every year. Crap.

I would have to agree with you about Hannah. I'm not as familiar with Hannah's style of play as some of the other players but both times she was scum (I think it was twice), she was quite good. So she's definitely someone whose style of play I need to get to know a little better. I was only around for Day 1 last game but one thing I noticed is that she joined the suspicion of Tracey without much reason so I know that is one of the things that I will be looking to see. If she can back up her suspicions this game. Laura & Summer, I feel like I can get more of a read on them as the game goes on. With Laura, it's more of an instinct thing from having played so many games together. If I feel like she is seriously scum hunting, then I know she's townie.

Comment

Hey Jeff! Good to see you!! Sorry to hear about the sore throat, those are never fun. But I'm glad you're here and that we can play another game together. I love playing mafia with you. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say

But I think I'm off to bed now guys, I have an early start tomorrow and the day is gonna be busy, busy, busy. Night night all
              THANKS, Laura! Good to see you, too! I like how the beginnings of every Mafia game are generally pretty funny and angst-free, the only problem being, of course, that it's difficult to figure out exactly what's going on and who to trust. But I enjoy playing the game with you, too, and you're another one that I'd love to count as an ally, especially considering how things went down when we faced off against each other in Super Smash Bros. Mafia. Hope your early-start day goes well, and see you around sometime again soon!

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Alexandra1989
              ^^^Jeff!!!! So good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your sore throat. I think I may be coming down with it myself. It's that change in season cold that I get every year. Crap.

I would have to agree with you about Hannah. I'm not as familiar with Hannah's style of play as some of the other players but both times she was scum (I think it was twice), she was quite good. So she's definitely someone whose style of play I need to get to know a little better. I was only around for Day 1 last game but one thing I noticed is that she joined the suspicion of Tracey without much reason so I know that is one of the things that I will be looking to see. If she can back up her suspicions this game. Laura & Summer, I feel like I can get more of a read on them as the game goes on. With Laura, it's more of an instinct thing from having played so many games together. If I feel like she is seriously scum hunting, then I know she's townie.
              ALEX!!!!!!! GREAT to get to chat and scum-hunt with you as well. Yeah, the sore throat bugs are pretty frequent for me, and the changing seasons and major allergy weeks never help out much in that department, either. Sorry to hear that you're feeling a little more under the weather yourself -- that stinks!

Yeah, I do tend to watch for people who tend to bandwagon with other players out of convenience. Sometimes it's a sign that someone is just identifying with a person's seeming logic or things they've noticed about the player that strike a chord with their own thinking, but at other times, it can be someone just trying to get someone lynched other than them to preserve their spot in the game as long as they can -- not a townie's M.O. for sure.

There are really very few players that I feel like I can get a good read on. I think I've come to the conclusion that I have this weird habit of automatically wanting to trust most of the ladies, especially my Chlarky friends, and often times end up being more suspicious of my fellow male players in the game. What is it about you gals that is often so incredibly disarming and seemingly rational and innocent?! I will do my best NOT to be fooled this time around.

BTW, I looked up Hannah's past roles, and saw that her first one was Lady Shiva (the schizophrenic), which was not really a scum role necessarily, but ended up messing up some things for the town (er, at least for me, from what I remember of how that night when I died as Black Canary went down), and then she was S'ym, the mason serial killer in the previous game.

I kind of want to put together a massive list of all the different roles that people have played, and maybe go back to try to identify some "tells" that separate people's typical townie methods of posting and their scummy techniques... Sounds like a fun weekend project.
              Last edited by SGuthrie27; 09-23-2011, 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well Marlene is good too but whatever you want is fine. We can call you Mercy if you like it And by mouthful, I just meant that it is a lot to type out that's all. It's nothing bad Anyway, I look forward to playing with you, hearing your thoughts. I think you're going to love this game
                aah ok. Now i now what is mouthful. Google told me something totally diferent. lol.

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                WELCOME officially to both of our new players -- Mercy (or Marlene), it's great to have you on board officially! I'm really happy to see that you've thrown yourself into the game's proceedings from the get-go.

Thanks ^^
                and you can call me as you want (that's for all of you guys)

Comment

Glad to be back in the game with my old pals, and welcome newcomers!!!!

Comment

Hi guys, awwww...I'm here all by myself, I think. Thanks for the story K4J, even though I haven't read it yet I've just finished my nights now till Monday, so I'll read the story properly when I get up.

Hi to Mercy/Marlene? If it's ok, can I call you Mercy?

Summer, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sending you a big *hug* and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. Take care hun.

Comment

Great story K4J I enjoyed it

Originally posted by hughie87
                      Darn it. I forgot it leaves the ad on the first and last post of the thread. Crap. Well, I tried. And hey!! I had the first post.

Well, I have an announcement to make. For those of you who don't know, my uncle died very unexpectedly yesterday. Because of that, I will not be posting until Tuesday at the earliest, if the Day is still going. Due to some family issues, this death is going to be very hard, so if you would please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers, I would be so grateful. I would post with y'all tonight but I have massive amounts of homework that I need to get done so I can have the next few days free and I just don't feel like it either. Have fun, y'all. I'll talk to y'all soon.
                      Aww Summer, I am sorry, I will keep your family in my prayers for sure.

Mercy♥... Sounds really good. I like it. lol. My name is Marlene :B
                      Sorry, but i don't know what it mouthful. My first language is spanish and my english is not the best :S Please forgive me.
                      Everybody says good things about the game. I feel this gonna be amazing
                      Oh donīt worry, people are really forgiving for mistakes in english.........you donīt have to be native speaker for having a blast, everyone here is great

Oh and what now.......beginnigns are always a bit awkward hmm.........

RVS: Jeff - Donīt remember giving you one so...........yes thatīs all

Comment

And Mica, have we actually ever played a game together? *runs off to check his list of players and roles throughout the games* Good grief, we actually have played TWO games together, and in both we were on opposite sides. Here's hoping that's not a recurring theme that we encounter again in this game!
                        I hope we're finally on the same side too- and considering I shouldn't have trusted you in other games and I did, I'm really hoping we're on the same side.

Hi Mercy! Welcome to mafia!

Oh, and great story, K4J~ I forgot to say that earlier. You did a great job and I love finally knowing who the characters are in a game!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Anyone else think K4J might still end up with the most posts even though he's a mod this time?
                        Last edited by Firesong; 09-24-2011, 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hannah, I don't feel like I've played enough with you yet to figure out your style of gameplay, but I do know that you can be downright devious when need be (as evidenced by the way you threw your serial killer mason under the bus in X-Men Mafia 2).
                          Mwahahahaha....*evil cackle*... yup, desperate times called for desperate measures there.... but hey i dont feel one bit guilty since Adam (my fellow SK) still hasnt been online since!!

Originally posted by Alexandra1989
                          I would have to agree with you about Hannah. I'm not as familiar with Hannah's style of play as some of the other players but both times she was scum (I think it was twice), she was quite good. So she's definitely someone whose style of play I need to get to know a little better. I was only around for Day 1 last game but one thing I noticed is that she joined the suspicion of Tracey without much reason so I know that is one of the things that I will be looking to see. If she can back up her suspicions this game.
                          To be honest i dont think its fair to base things on what happenns day 1, i mean all it is is randomly picking on people and others joining in or wtvr so yeah i may of gone along but things definatly would of progresed from there so keep an eye on me if you want, since i have nothing to hide this time!

BTW, I looked up Hannah's past roles, and saw that her first one was Lady Shiva (the schizophrenic), which was not really a scum role necessarily, but ended up messing up some things for the town (er, at least for me, from what I remember of how that night when I died as Black Canary went down), and then she was S'ym, the mason serial killer in the previous game.

I kind of want to put together a massive list of all the different roles that people have played, and maybe go back to try to identify some "tells" that separate people's typical townie methods of posting and their scummy techniques... Sounds like a fun weekend project.
                          Yeah, TDK mafia... ok i was porperly clueless there so no suprise i could of completely mucked things up for my own team... To late to say sorry?? But hey, this is my 3rd game now, think im becoming an expert!!

But hey Jeff sounds like great idea about looking back on different poeple so please share all you come up with!

Originally posted by Firesong
                          Anyone else think K4J might still end up with the most posts even though he's a mod this time?
                          haha he probably would...

Comment

That would be awesome, Jeff! I think it would definitly help us figure out who is acting differently. And it will give the newbies a bit of a frame of reference; I know it was hard for me when I started and people were like, 'oh, he always acts like this' or 'oh, she's suspicious because she acted differently last game' and I had no idea what people were talking about.

And Hannah is a bit hard to read. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to read half the players in this game! I think us townies have our work cut out for us...

Originally posted by MissWofflez
                            To be honest i dont think its fair to base things on what happenns day 1, i mean all it is is randomly picking on people and others joining in or wtvr so yeah i may of gone along but things definatly would of progresed from there so keep an eye on me if you want, since i have nothing to hide this time!
                            Actually, I think Day 1 can tell us some stuff and get people thinking. It's not about how people RVS, or whatever, it's about how people react to discussions. A lot of debates have begun on Day 1, and even if scum weren't directly involved some at least tended to react to the debates, either taking a side or trying to be 'helpful' by saying that we needed to move on to some other topic. It's rare to actually catch a scum Day 1, I think, but we can make a little progress. The beginning is always important, which is one reason why I felt bad that I had to miss almost all of Day 1 last game.

Comment

I wanna know my tells! Do I have any?

Seriously tho I like this list idea may make it harder for the scum..or make it easier for the mafia. I hope not the latter. That's the problem tho isn't with lists..sometimes they can benefit both teams in some way. As both townie and scum I've looked forward to ppl's lists. I am not dissuading from doing this one hopefully it will do more damage to the scum than us townies.

I am hoping we have talkative players this game (not too talkative i don't wanna have pages upon pages to read every day ) but def more then last game. I think i am cursed i went four days migraine free and several with very minor ones. Then the day this new game starts I woke up with a migraine and have had it since ( I blame Kitty for getting me all excited for the game). Even woke again this morning with one NO MORE. I want to play without one..

Anyway if i don't respond for a while its not the headache so much as today is a busy day. Family stuff but at the very least i shall be back late evening/tonight.

Comment

aah ok. Now i now what is mouthful. Google told me something totally diferent. lol.

Thanks ^^
                                and you can call me as you want (that's for all of you guys)
                                Okay, then I shall stick with Mercy for the time being, as it's shorter, and it reminds me of another of my favorite SV characters. And BTW, I think your English is just fine. I am always impressed with people who can speak and write in English so fluently when it's not their native language! Have you played Mafia before, BTW, either in real life or online?

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                                Glad to be back in the game with my old pals, and welcome newcomers!!!!
                                Ditto, John!

Originally posted by starflower69
                                Hi guys, awwww...I'm here all by myself, I think. Thanks for the story K4J, even though I haven't read it yet I've just finished my nights now till Monday, so I'll read the story properly when I get up.

Hi to Mercy/Marlene? If it's ok, can I call you Mercy?

Summer, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sending you a big *hug* and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time. Take care hun.
                                Trust me, Tracey, the story is worth the wait. Sorry we ended up abandoning you like that. I've gotta say, though, getting ten and a half hours of sleep worked wonders for my sore throat I was having yesterday. Hopefully the rest of my symptoms vamoose sooner rather than later as well. Also, I looked back at your track record in previous games in terms of what characters you've played, and we ended up being on opposing teams in all the ones we were in together as fellow players! I hope that tradition doesn't continue in this one.

Originally posted by Pali
                                Great story K4J I enjoyed it

Aww Summer, I am sorry, I will keep your family in my prayers for sure.

Oh donīt worry, people are really forgiving for mistakes in english.........you donīt have to be native speaker for having a blast, everyone here is great

Oh and what now.......beginnigns are always a bit awkward hmm.........

RVS: Jeff - Donīt remember giving you one so...........yes thatīs all
                                Why does that not surprise me for some reason, Pali? Well, in a way, I can understand you sending one my way, especially considering I'm usually at the head of the bandwagons that lynch you when you're scum. I don't think you've RVSed me before either... but I know you generally don't have a problem with RVS as some players do. Why don't I return the favor?

RVS: Pali

I hope we're finally on the same side too- and considering I shouldn't have trusted you in other games and I did, I'm really hoping we're on the same side.

Hi Mercy! Welcome to mafia!

Oh, and great story, K4J~ I forgot to say that earlier. You did a great job and I love finally knowing who the characters are in a game!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Yeah, being on the same team would DEFINITELY be refreshing. You are a really capable and versatile player from what I've seen in previous games, so I would love for us to BOTH be townies this time. As for K4J's post count... nothing would surprise me.

Originally posted by MissWofflez
                                Mwahahahaha....*evil cackle*... yup, desperate times called for desperate measures there.... but hey i dont feel one bit guilty since Adam (my fellow SK) still hasnt been online since!!

Yeah, TDK mafia... ok i was porperly clueless there so no suprise i could of completely mucked things up for my own team... To late to say sorry?? But hey, this is my 3rd game now, think im becoming an expert!!

But hey Jeff sounds like great idea about looking back on different poeple so please share all you come up with!

haha he probably would...
                                You bet I will share my findings, Hannah! And yeah, I haven't seen Adam online ever since you led his lynching bandwagon. Oh well, he may have ended up getting inevitably modkilled due to inactivity, anyway, so you probably did me a favor! I think you definitely have grown a lot in terms of your experience and mafia-playing abilities since you first joined the game in TDK Mafia. I hope that is a GOOD thing this time around, and that your experience will be lent to fellow townies in taking down the scum! Day 1 findings are generally more helpful LATER in the game when you can compare what was said then to what was said later, and can view events through the lens of the findings made through lynches and such.

That would be awesome, Jeff! I think it would definitly help us figure out who is acting differently. And it will give the newbies a bit of a frame of reference; I know it was hard for me when I started and people were like, 'oh, he always acts like this' or 'oh, she's suspicious because she acted differently last game' and I had no idea what people were talking about.

And Hannah is a bit hard to read. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to read half the players in this game! I think us townies have our work cut out for us...

Actually, I think Day 1 can tell us some stuff and get people thinking. It's not about how people RVS, or whatever, it's about how people react to discussions. A lot of debates have begun on Day 1, and even if scum weren't directly involved some at least tended to react to the debates, either taking a side or trying to be 'helpful' by saying that we needed to move on to some other topic. It's rare to actually catch a scum Day 1, I think, but we can make a little progress. The beginning is always important, which is one reason why I felt bad that I had to miss almost all of Day 1 last game.

I agree completely, Mica. I always get a little bit irked when people say that Day 1 is rather useless and that nothing can get accomplished. Sure, it's rare that we actually lynch someone, but it is a good time to start getting a feel for where particular players' loyalties may lie and to set up your foundation for whether or not people are truly trustworthy or not. Glad you like my list idea!

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                                I wanna know my tells! Do I have any?

Seriously tho I like this list idea may make it harder for the scum..or make it easier for the mafia. I hope not the latter. That's the problem tho isn't with lists..sometimes they can benefit both teams in some way. As both townie and scum I've looked forward to ppl's lists. I am not dissuading from doing this one hopefully it will do more damage to the scum than us townies.

I am hoping we have talkative players this game (not too talkative i don't wanna have pages upon pages to read every day ) but def more then last game. I think i am cursed i went four days migraine free and several with very minor ones. Then the day this new game starts I woke up with a migraine and have had it since ( I blame Kitty for getting me all excited for the game). Even woke again this morning with one NO MORE. I want to play without one..

Anyway if i don't respond for a while its not the headache so much as today is a busy day. Family stuff but at the very least i shall be back late evening/tonight.
                                If you DO have any tells, Jenny Mason, I certainly don't know what they are at this point. But I do know that Summer was able to spot them during the previous game, so whenever she's back online, maybe I'll turn to her for her expert opinion... that is if I can trust her this game!

I can see both sides of the list-making projects, too. I think it would probably be more beneficial for me to just post a list of the different games people played and what their role was in them, and then let people go back and try to find some "tells" for themselves. If I just go about listing all the different things I noticed, then the scum are likely to try to switch up tactics, which could end up helping them more than hindering them in the long run.

I hope that people are more talkative this game, too, although it was rather nice to wake up this morning and not have a dozen new pages to wade through. Seems like the majority of the players have thrown themselves into the game right away, or at least two-thirds of them, so I hope that's a good sign! I also hope that your headache gets better soon.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and compile a list of who's been what roles, and then I'm going to grab a late breakfast. *yawn* It sure does feel good to sleep in past 10:30. I DO love my weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎