Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Deadman (The CW)

Let's hope this doesn't go the way of Raven... The CW is enlisting Eric Kripke to bring DC Comics' Deadman to TV!

http://www.ksitetv.com/7836/deadman-...s-eric-kripke/

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/deadman/

What does everyone else think? I love the idea, myself...

I'll love it if it has very strong continuity as Supernatural has. One thing that bothered me with Smallville was the lack of and with Kripke behind the project, it could be a very strong sensible series that's up there with Supernatural in the CW. I wouldn't mind the Deadman/Supernatural combo either.

We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Sounds similar to "Quantum Leap" in a sense (except he's not jumping through time)...Having to take over someone else's life in order to save that said life and than moving on into the next person afterward.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-27-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Another thing I'm wondering... could some characters from the DCU show up as supporting characters? Deadman and the Phantom Stranger have had good team-ups... and the Phantom Stranger is a, well, Castiel-type mystery character who could weave in.

I think it's a given that we probably won't be seeing red tights if this happens.

Any show that showcases lesser known DC properties is awesome. I really hope this works out because I love I really like the magical characters that DC offers and if they plan on guest characters these are a must The Spectre,Phantom Stranger,Etrigan the Demon,Dr. Occult,and last but not least the chain smoking Billy Idol lookalike himself John Constantine.

Wow...this is interesting. I like that Kripke is involved.

Sounds promising - we certainly need something to fill the Smallville hole.

Given this is a CW show, I'm guessing the lead actor will look a little different from the comics version

Quote Originally Posted by smithy698 View Post
    Sounds promising - we certainly need something to fill the Smallville hole.

Given this is a CW show, I'm guessing the lead actor will look a little different from the comics version
    The version of Boston Brand seen in Brightest Day (when he was alive again) wasn't a bad looking guy... for a comic book character. I imagine when we see him as himself, we'd see something more like that rather than the ghostly white appearance... and I'm okay with that.

String Bikini Theory BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow's Avatar
    Uncanny X-Valley, Avengers World, Year 2099
    ^ I really liked Deadman in Brightest Day and after hearing about a Deadman show I immediately thought they'd probably give him a human form and maybe people could see him too.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Mark Pedowitz, the new CW President, went on record a few weeks ago and even said they were looking at other DC superheroes for new shows. Deadman with Kripke in charge? That sounds like a winner to me!

Kripke working on a DC comic project for television sounds good to me. Although I don't know much about this character, I'm sure Kripke will do it justice.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    This kind of project for some reason kind of reminds me of The WB. Willing to take chances on stuff that is less known and see if it works. Kripke involved is a HUGE bonus that will pay off if they let him do it right.

Sounds interesting but I don't know much about Deadman. when he goes into the living body, do we see Deadman or the living person a little different looking like a white aura around them?
    Last edited by SnowBird; 08-26-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBird View Post
    Sounds interesting but I don't know much about Deadman. when he goes into the living body, do we see Deadman or the living person a little different looking like a white aura around them?
    We see neither Deadman or a white aura when he inhabits a vessel, we just see the person who is inhabited normally.

Not much of a role for the lead actor. Seems like most of the story is carried by the guest stars each week. Part of the joy of Quantum Leap was watching Scott Bakula take on the characters.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast