Collapse
No announcement yet.

#1.1 "Pilot"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems the first genuinely bad review in the thread (Saber's) opened the floodgates for those biting their lips to also chime in, interesting how that works.

I thought the best scene in the episode was during the opera concert/performance, when they focused on SMG, then she turned around and saw the stranger looking at her. That was filmed/directed very well. A moment of greatness in an otherwise bland and basic pilot I thought. Not a very thrilling thriller, not a very intriguing mystery. Not yet anyway.

The "Siobhan" name is an unusual choice, apparently it's pronounced "Shavonne". I think I'll stick with the phonetic spelling.

It's funny how on more than one occasion they had characters mention how thin SMG's character looked (or at least in comparison to the real Shavonne apparently). But SMG isn't really that thin....you want anorexic, check out 90210 right before. The scene where SMG "almost" disrobed/took off her top before going to bed was funny -- she obviously couldn't really follow through with that, not if she was to maintain the illusion of her character being this anorexically thin/hot-bodied former stripper.

Funny to see Richard Alpert from Lost in this (typecast into another mystery type show). On Lost, it was the mystery of "is he or isn't he" (wearing eyeliner), and well, some things never change... j/k Also, "Mr. Fantastic" himself is here too, was really surprised when he showed up on screen. My, how the mighty have fallen... j/k

Anyway, the premise is interesting enough to keep me watching, hopefully it gets better.

Comment

I gave the show an 8. There are some problems for me, meaning plots I've seen again and again and again. And I am leery of shows that begin with mysteries. But, there is a lot to work with here. Sarah's character of Bridget thinks her sister killed herself, slipped into her life and has found out all kinds of things that have just added more trouble to this deception. Plus her 'friend' clearly tried to have her sister, Siobahn killed. I mean the poor dear has stepped into a hot mess when she was already running from one.

And I love Jason Dohring. I'd prefer him in the role of either Siobahn's lover or husband, but I'll take him on TV however I can get him.

I'm going to stick with this show and see how the plots pan out.

Comment

Not a great premiere. When Siobahn is presumed dead, it is hard to imagine how they could base a whole series around Birdgette being a ringer for Siobahn. In the start of the Pilot, we only see Siobahn for less than ten minutes and learn absolutely nothing about her. So why as a viewer should I care one way or the other about what happens in her life? The only thing that drew me back in was how the Pilot ended. I won't say how it ended in case people who haven't seen it yet want to watch. But this actually opens the show up to some possibilities. However, until the ending was revealed, I was having a hard time imagining how the premise would make for a good mini-series let alone an actual series. I am hoping that it turns out to get better because I really do love SMG.

BTW - Did anyone else think that the actress Tara Summers playing the best friend Gemma looked at all like the girl who played Blossom? It was eerie.. I was half expecting Joey Lawrence to jump out and say "Whoa..."

Originally posted by CloisKent
        And I love Jason Dohring. I'd prefer him in the role of either Siobahn's lover or husband, but I'll take him on TV however I can get him.

I'm going to stick with this show and see how the plots pan out.
        Jason Dohring wasn't in the Pilot. Are there plans for him to join the series at some point? I will always see that guy as Logan Echols..LOL
        Last edited by vyperman7; 09-18-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CloisKent
          And I am leery of shows that begin with mysteries.
          I have to agree with this, basically there is only a season or 2 worth of plots you can stretch this taking somebody's identity out before it feels like the show is milking the premise for all it's worth

Did anybody get a good chuckle that the school sent the cocaine to the Dad when his girl got kicked out of boarding school for using it. lol
          Last edited by Supsfan; 09-18-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Finally got to see this and I have to admit it wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I spent half the episode waiting for SMG to go all Buffy on those guys (It's going to be hard to shake the 'Buffy' vibe--it was especially strong when the guy had her pinned to the floor and I was just "pull some Slayer move, girl!" LOL).

There were so m any mysteries thrown at us that it was hard to keep up and I'm not sure I can believe SMG as a former prostitute/stripper (had no problem with her as manipulative!Siobahn though)....

Speaking of Siobahn, it was obviously from the moment Bridget woke up that she wasn't "dead" or lost at sea or whatever. Nice confirmation at the end though.

I am really enjoying Andrew's stuff though (his mystery seems the most compelling, who was he talking to on the phone about wanting out?!). Though I see Ioan (sic?) and keep waiting for him to stretch or something (since I know him best from Fantastic Four).

An intriguing enough start to keep me watching but could have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
              I am really enjoying Andrew's stuff though (his mystery seems the most compelling, who was he talking to on the phone about wanting out?!). Though I see Ioan (sic?) and keep waiting for him to stretch or something (since I know him best from Fantastic Four).
              I think he was talking to Gemma. Both of them hired a hitman together to kill Siobhan, but he wanted to back out once he found out she was pregnant.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                I didn't have high expectations for this show, so it was better than I feared it might be. Its good, but not fantastic. For a pilot, it shows potential to be a good series. I'll be back next week.
                Finally caught the pilot on the CW website. They have the crappiest streaming video set-up. I agree with you AFF. I gave it 6/10. I think this will land on my viewing list.

Comment

Eh the preview was ok. The boat scene was horrible, but didn't destroy the show. Also its odd watching SMG walking around with a nervous look all the time or running from the killer. So used to Buffy just throwing them around a bit haha. The character development needs work. I felt like the show was throwing a lot of information at me, but not giving me enough character development to care. I'll give it another episode or so.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDoable
                    I felt like the show was throwing a lot of information at me, but not giving me enough character development to care.
                    Well, in a pilot they have to throw a lot of info at you to set things up. Character development usually comes later, after the basic premise has been set up.

Glad you're giving it more time though.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDoable
                      I felt like the show was throwing a lot of information at me, but not giving me enough character development to care.
                      My problem wasn't with character development, my problem was with the character's, um, character. I wanted to see Bridget and Siobhan both get thrown in jail, possibly alongside Andrew, and Victor Machado needed to be fired from the FBI. The only person I felt the least bit sorry for in the pilot was the best friend, Gemma, but she didn't have enough screen time for me to really connect with her, either (and who knows, maybe future episodes, or even last week's episode that I didn't watch, would make me not like her, either). But I'm not going to watch a series just because I feel a little bit sorry for one of the side characters and because I want to see the main character(s?) arrested (which I'm sure won't happen before the series finale, if at all).

Comment

Its started

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎