Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Awake (NBC)

I guess thats true cause he didnt exactly get out of bed or anything. Guess just trying to make a logical ending to the series. Its kind of sad cause if that did wind up being a cliffhanger and we did get a second season id be really interested in how this new reality plays out and if a new storyline would take place. Like would it have been about an attempted car accident and no one died and he has to solve the same crime agian or will that crime have been solved and neither his wife or son died (just injured or near death) and he solved who did it and now theres an extra plotline involved involving someone else who had something to do with something and is after his family agian. ohhh the headaches haha.

The LOST ending was good but i thought we would have gotten more information about the island. some parts just seemed rushed but i always knew the last scene was going to be the last scene lol. Dont think the point was that it was meaningless it was more of following a fate that was only fate cause some had a false sense of reality when it came to creating other peoples fates. Jacob created fates for all these characters cause being the islands leader gave him the power to make the rules for the island and the rules didnt have to be what they were so Jacob kind of wasted everyones time when all he had to do was make a rule saying people can come and go and smokey could leave if he wanted to. He was just a prisoner in his own mind. Something like that then there was the second ending meaning where everyone came together so they would have people to be with when they die. That was more of Gods plan then Jacobs cause i guess Jacob just wanted an out.

UGH lets not bring up the abomination of the Lost final season/finale.

Site Groupie ReignoftheSupermen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McFly View Post
    Lost fans will find a way to work Lost into almost any conversation. Team lost the game on a last-second field goal? Reminds me of an episode of Lost. Tired from a long week at work? Reminds me of Lost. Wife died? People died in Lost too. Taking a flight home to see the family on Thanksgiving? They had a plane in Lost! These people are almost pathological about connecting Lost to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignoftheSupermen View Post
    Lost fans will find a way to work Lost into almost any conversation. Team lost the game on a last-second field goal? Reminds me of an episode of Lost. Tired from a long week at work? Reminds me of Lost. Wife died? People died in Lost too. Taking a flight home to see the family on Thanksgiving? They had a plane in Lost! These people are almost pathological about connecting Lost to everything.
    HAHAH That reminds me when it comes to connecting things LOST was all about connecting people

But its true for some reason we all have to connect things (even those that dont involve anything) to LOST.

Me Grimlock no like u! Xanderman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReignoftheSupermen View Post
    Just wondering, did you watch Lost? (ie. And if you did, did you watch the whole thing?) Anyway, if they didn't want Lost fans to make connections, they wouldn't have cast Jack's fantasy son from Lost to play yet another fantasy/dreamworld son for Britten. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by superhippie2000 View Post
    The LOST ending was good but i thought we would have gotten more information about the island. some parts just seemed rushed but i always knew the last scene was going to be the last scene lol. Dont think the point was that it was meaningless it was more of following a fate that was only fate cause some had a false sense of reality when it came to creating other peoples fates. Jacob created fates for all these characters cause being the islands leader gave him the power to make the rules for the island and the rules didnt have to be what they were so Jacob kind of wasted everyones time when all he had to do was make a rule saying people can come and go and smokey could leave if he wanted to. He was just a prisoner in his own mind. Something like that then there was the second ending meaning where everyone came together so they would have people to be with when they die. That was more of Gods plan then Jacobs cause i guess Jacob just wanted an out.
    The show's biggest mistake was making all the absurdity of the island (the light, the heart of the island, Jacob, Smokey, etc), REAL. If they were going to play the purgatory card, they already had the perfect set-up for it. There was no need for the flash sideways. A way better ending would've been the one fans predicted early on, which they obviously changed just to be surprising/different/clever. But we've talked about this before, haven't we old buddy....lol

Tell me about it...Jacob/the Man in Black/the magical Light/that whole disaster....lol seriously I don't know why they had to go there. But we've complained about this before, haven't we. So I guess we should just focus on Awake's disastrous ending instead. lol Anyway, so in order to make Awake's ending as different from Lost as possible, here's how I think they should have ended it:

When Michael walks through the doorway at the end, instead of his house, he finds himself in a church. And everyone he ever cared about is there, waiting for him. Suddenly, Michael's dead father appears....

Britten's Dead Father: This is the place that you all made together, so that you could find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with these people, in your imagination...

Michael: Wait, in my imagination? Are you saying none of it was real.... What about my SON?

Britten's Dead Father: You mean JACK's son, don't you? He was his fantasy son first you know.

Michael: It always comes back to Lost, doesn't it...

Britten's Dead Father: It sure does you crackpot.

Michael: And my wife....did I really even have a wife....

Britten's Dead Father: The closest thing you had to a wife was your hand, Michael. Nobody does it alone, Michael. Except for you that is....you and that busy hand of yours....you've been alone pretty much the whole dame time, Mike. Hell, I'm not even really your father.

Michael: What? Then, why are you even here?

Britten's Dead Father: Somebody had to explain the ridiculous truth to the audience, didn't they? Couldn't very well just leave them all hanging.

Michael: Worst...ending...ever.

Jack Shephard: Correction -- second worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderman View Post
    Just wondering, did you watch Lost? (ie. And if you did, did you watch the whole thing?) Anyway, if they didn't want Lost fans to make connections, they wouldn't have cast Jack's fantasy son from Lost to play yet another fantasy/dreamworld son for Britten. Just sayin'.
    Would it be out of line to say that my last bowel movement brought back fond memories of Lost?

still doesn't answer if u watched the show u bag on so much..

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

U wanted this show [Awake] to be a dam holodeck inside a holodeck(sp?) ?? Or something to that effect. But if Lost is mentioned LOOK OUT!!! RUUUUN!!!!

And yes we all think shows like Family Ties would NEVER have gotten sooo big if not for Lost.. Same for Married with Children..

Maybe u had some bad runins at a comic con or something with grown men in DI jumpsuits.. If so then yeah those ppl can be crazy..
    Last edited by McFly; 05-31-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

still doesn't answer if u watched the show u bag on so much..

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

U wanted this show [Awake] to be a dam holodeck inside a holodeck(sp?) ?? Or something to that effect. But if Lost is mentioned LOOK OUT!!! RUUUUN!!!!

And yes we all think shows like Family Ties would NEVER have gotten sooo big if not for Lost.. Same for Married with Children..

Maybe u had some bad runins at a comic con or something with grown men in DI jumpsuits.. If so then yeah those ppl can be crazy..
    I saw a couple of episodes of Lost just to see what the big deal was. Meh. It was OK, I guess. Certainly not this life-changing experience some fans would have you believe. The fans I've encountered of that show are hard to describe. A weird combination of obsessed, snobbish and clueless. They have an almost cult-like quality to them about the show. They talk about Lost as if its the Adam and Eve of television shows. All creative ideas on television somehow connect to something which was first on Lost. It's REALLY strange to listen to these people talk.
    BTW, the holodeck inside a holodeck thing was a comparison. I never actually said Britten was on a holodeck. I merely meant that something simulated was inside of something else that was simulated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789