Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes - Clark's second chance (Chlark)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!!! I have to admit being in the military and jumping around a lot (overseas and other places)...(I know not an excuse :P), not being able to see Smallville on TV has thrown me for a loop. I have the seasons on DVD and just need to hunker down and watch them. My problem is the later seasons kinda bounced up and down on my CHlark nerves. From the beginning I was hoping it would all turn out CHLois...but then Lois showed up. I still like Chloe more. Too bad she ended up with Ollie. The other thing was the roller coaster emotions of Clark. It was like watching episode three of Star Wars. Emo Anakin was too emo...and Clark from time to time was too angsty. But I did see the Series Finale on AFN (Armed Forces Network) like three weeks after it aired in the states. I loved it, despite the cheesy ending.

Long story short...explains my not knowing Chloe shared the letter with Clark. Fever was one of my favorite episodes. Great update...can't wait for tomorrows...(keeping fingers crossed) XD

Comment

Brilliant update!!!! I love that Chloe is alive and well and that Clark is transformed. It's so refreshing to see Clark appreciate Chloe for the friend and amazing, beautiful, wonderful woman she is. It's clear that Clark is on a mission to change his life and world for the better, and I can't wait to see how everyone, especially Chloe, reacts to this more mature, more focused Clark. Also, I'm dying to see Clark dump Lana. And I'm curious how long it'll take him to tell Chloe his secret, because if he really wants things to be different, he's gonna have to trust her with everything, including the fact that he came back in time to change the future. I'm also curious if he'll try to save Lex or if he'll try to eliminate him before he becomes a major threat. So many possibilities!! Can't wait for the next update!!! Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Prologue & Chapter One:

What a powerful and emotional beginning! Excellent start.

And this:
        ...causing a chain reaction that completely extinguished all traces of existence in his old Universe...
        WOW!!!
        ...what a way to end a chapter! So glad you're giving this story 'a go' yourself, because you're doing a terrific job!
        I'll be back to read more very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfirelight
          Chapter two

When Clark opened his eyes he found himself standing in a familiar setting, though he couldn't remember this place in recent memory. He caught a glimpse of a newspaper rolling down the street off to the side of where he stood and he quickly knelt down and grabbed it, reading the date at the top, hoping beyond belief that his plan had succeeded.

Wednesday, 1st October 2003.
          Wife and father of Lex Luthor mourn the tragic departure that led to the death of the Billionaire's 26-year-old son-

He paused as he re-read the title of the newspaper, his eyes narrowing slightly in contempt at the name... 'Lex!' However he quickly snapped his attention back to the Newspaper held in his hands as he quickly flipped through it towards the center of the paper, looking for a specific column, and there it was!

Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous by Chloe Sullivan

A grin lit up his entire face as he read over the article, his heart beating a thousand beats a minute as he realized what this meant, he had succeeded! His plan had worked! His breathe hitched in his throat as the Date and Headline caught up with him and he felt faint. 'Chloe, Dad, Lex, Lana, Oliver, the League...'

He could fix so much, do so much, but first... If he was right about the date... His grin widened slightly as he turned towards the Elevator in front of him, leading up to what had been a Penthouse suite if he remembered correctly, and a specific person that he had so dearly missed in his previous life. 'This time I won't make the same mistake twice.'
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

'Ding!'

The elevator reached the top floor and his eyes widened as he set his eyes upon her, her face peering around the side-windows of the Suite, evidently trying to see if he was hiding inside or genuinely out, she turned as he sucked inwards, knowing that she was real and Alive but his mind unable to comprehend this fact until she opened her mouth. "Clark, I-"

He cut her off before she could finish her sentence, moving so fast he briefly went into super-speed as he pulled her into his embrace, his arms encircling her as he breathed in her scent, "Chloe..."

Her eyes widened at the unexpected display of affection. "Clark?"

"I've missed you so much, I never should have left." He confessed, his eyes tearing up slightly as he held her.

Chloe's eyes softened slightly and she held him back, immediately finding herself forgiving him, unable to hold a grudge against Clark for long yet unknowing that his words held a meaning both deeper and further reaching than she knew. "It's okay Clark, just come home, Your parents are in danger of losing the farm and Lana's a wreck."

He looked into her eyes, remembering where, and when, he was. "Alright." He smiled at her and her eyes widened slightly as she hesitantly smiled back, desperate to believe that he was saying what she thought he was. "I'll come back."

Her eyes teared up and she snuggled further into his embrace, and he knew as he heard her whisper "Thank you." into his leather jacket, not knowing of his superior hearing, that she wasn't thanking him on behalf of Lana or his parents.

End Chapter two
          Perfect update! Chloe's alive! Clark hopes he can do everything right this time...
          Looking forward to seeing how 'right' things will be and what consequences -- good and bad -- this will bring about!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

... I hope this short update holds you over until... tomorrow, perhaps, you brilliant readers, you!
          ...No problem holding... you pack a lot into 'short' updates. I really liked that Clark 'knows' what Chloe was thanking him for!

The effects of the rings and the sun transferred to his past body, he no longer has the scar on his chest, he has the spiked scar on his hand (A reminder, if you will) the red meteor rock ring on his hand is broken, that's why he's not acting like an arrogant pr**k.
          Thank you for the explanation...

I hope you enjoy this story!
          Enjoying it very much, thank you for continuing.

P.S. Wednesday, 1st October 2003 was the Air date of Season Three.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Not an update, I know many of you are like o.○╬
            But I've not updated recently (in the past three days) because of a sudden workload increase in my College course, I'll start updating again on 20th at the latest.
            Look forward to an update then unless I get hit by a car or something else causes me to be mortally wounded and/or die.

Comment

oh loving it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfirelight
                Not an update, I know many of you are like o.○╬
                But I've not updated recently (in the past three days) because of a sudden workload increase in my College course, I'll start updating again on 20th at the latest.
                Look forward to an update then unless I get hit by a car or something else causes me to be mortally wounded and/or die.
                I certainly hope you did NOT get hit by a car!!!
                Any chance you might continue this...?

Comment

Christmas is coming up, time off College, let's see what can be done!

Comment

Good start!

Random question: how can this Clark fly?
                    Hmm...
                    Anyways, good chapter...S.

Adios

Comment

This Clark can't fly. Kal-El, however, can; I go by the more Clark represses the stronger Kal-El becomes, e.g. Clark worries about money, Kal-El squanders, Clark becomes guilty, Kal-El distracts himself further and further, thus becoming less in contact with the world. And considering that Clark gained flight after becoming "Incorruptible", I therefore thought that the less in touch with the world, the less corruption. So Kal-El can fly because he refuses to be burdened, unlike Clark who blames himself for everything.

Anyway, I'm working on Chapter two of Lust and Chloe 2.0 and I think I'll update this while I'm at it. Be back shortly. (Within the week.)

Comment

Disclaimer: I do not own Smallville.

Chapter three:

"CLARK!" Martha Kent's scream pierced the sudden silence as the mother ran forward, arms outstretched to the young man before her. She stood full and tall in order to properly wrap her arms around him in a vice-like grip, crying tears of joy as she did so. "Oh Clark!" She sobbed, burrowing her head against his still-black clad chest.

"Mom, dad!" He said emotionally, nearly struck dumb at the sight of his father; regrets and sorrows half-buried deep within his subconscious rising to the fore. "I'm so, so sorry." He said mournfully, eyes bright with unshed tears.

"Son." His father, Jonathan Kent smiled lightly at him and placed his calloused hand on his leather-clad shoulder. "It's alright, we're just glad you're back."

Chloe stood by her car, looking awkward and out of place against the joy-filled scene. The car ride over had been mostly silent, companionably for the most part and yet she hadn't been able to completely ignore the strange glances he kept flicking her way, sadness deep within his gaze but with something deeper lurking beneath deep blue eyes.

"Chloe." She was jerked out of her thoughts by the still tearful red-head walking toward her, Clark and Jonathan talking in the background. "Thank you so much, I don't know how you managed to convince Clark to come home, but thank you." The older woman said emotionally, grateful eyes set on the blonde.

She smiled bashfully. "It was no problem, Mrs. Kent, I just did what any other friend of Clark's would have done."

Martha reached out and pulled the other girl into a joyful embrace. "Chloe, you found my son and brought him back to me; I will never be ungrateful for that. Thank you." She whispered.

Chloe swallowed, feeling her need to confess before the guilt set even deeper than it already had. "Mrs. Kent, I haven't been completely honest with you." She pulled away from the other woman, eyes averted. "I've... Known where Clark was for months." She stated clearly.

"What?" The Kent mother asked, eyes wide. "What do you mean?"

"I found Clark around two months ago." Chloe iterated, grimacing. "And I didn't tell anyone."

"What do you mean, Chloe?" Jonathan queried, stunned at what she was saying yet feeling the familiar feeling of anger rising in his chest. "Are you saying that you've known where Clark was for the past SIXTY days? And you didn't tell his friends? His family? ANYONE?" He stressed, lips dragging into a frown.

She whimpered as she looked away, hand pushing her hair behind her ear in a nervous habit. "I'm so sorry." She murmured shamefully, eyes tearing up.

Clark quickly strode over to the petite blonde, wrapping her in his arms. "It's not her fault." He started with a guilty look on his face, remembrance of those three months mixing with memories of an apathetic man in black abandoning his friends, leaving his best friend in her moment of need, a gravestone with her name on it. "I blackmailed her, told her that is she told anyone I'd go so far away that no-one would ever find me. So she spent those two months trying to convince me to come home. She's NOT at fault. If it wasn't for her I would probably have not come home."

Jonathan's eyes softened, face lightening as Martha smiled again. "Chloe, if that's true then you're not to blame." Martha spoke softly, eyes glimmering. "When Clark gets it into his head to do something he can't be stopped. He gets it from his father." She poked.

Jonathan pouted playfully. "I resemble that remark." He grumbled jokingly, getting giggles for his efforts.

"Chloe, they're right. I can be stubborn and hard-headed at times, and if it wasn't for you I don't know where I'd be right now." Clark said, looking down into her blue-green eyes. "Thank you." He stated earnestly.

The girl smiled up at him and then ground herself deeper into his embrace, melting into the muscled arms holding her. "Mmn." She moaned contentedly.

He smiled as he felt the rumbling in her throat against his chest and closed his eyes, leaning in slightly further to rest his chin against her head, burying his nose in her golden locks and inhaling her scent.

Jonathan and Martha stared at the two and the redhead quickly grabbed her husband as he looked as though he was about to speak, dragging him inside. "Let's give them a moment, Jonathan. Just this once." Martha smiled gently, rubbing his palm.

He huffed but acquiesced, stepping over the porch into the house. "Fine, but I'll be giving him a talk later." He paused and couldn't help the quirk his lips gained as he stared at the two, frozen in their embrace. "It's good to have you back, son." He mumbled.

A/N: So I won't make excuses; I just suck. "I'll write more tomorrow." He says. "Reply shortly." He says. Zod, that Darkfirelight, what a D***. (See what I did there, do ya? Do ya?)

Anywho, another short chapter just getting the details out the way in Clark's return. Damn exposition... Another short chapter, I'll try writing more later, and I'm working on my other stories.

Comment

The site failed to send me one of those alert email things for some odd reason... Hmm...

Anyways, good chapter.

I see this Clark is going to act different than the original Clark. Good. The Clark in the series was annoying the first few seasons. Scratch that, everyone was annoying as everyone seemed to vow before Lana. Even Chloe when she offered Lana a place to stay. Then Lex when he got her a coffee house. Etc, etc.

I shall be shutting up now. As I cannot think of anything to add.

Good job.

Adios.

Comment

Cool update.

Comment

Ran across this a few days ago and found it an interesting concept. Love it so far and can't wait to see more of what Clark will do differently with his friendshipwith Chloe.

Comment

More please.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎